Hacking Sky3DS not working (New 2 orange button version)

Oryahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar problem, but nothing seems to work. I bought 4 Sky3DS+ cards. 3 for my 3 kids and 1 for my grandson. Here's the problem I'm having:

I've verified all cards as v112
2 of my kids have the original 3DS XL, one has a 2DS, and my grandson has a 2DS
Only my son with the 2DS has firmware 10.7.0
The others, all vary from as low as 6.?? to 9.??
All 4 Sky3DS+ cards work in all but the 2DS with 10.7.0
I decided to update my grandson's 2DS to 10.7.0 and now it doesn't recognize any of the 4 Sky3DS+ cards
One of my daughters breaks her 3DS XL, I bought her a new 2DS...firmware was not updated...and I am not updating it
All systems will play original cartridges and the Supercard DSTwo cards for the NDS games...even the updated 2DS systems
I have double checked that the Sky3DS+ cards are v112
I have reformatted all sd cards (legit 4 & 8 gig sd cards from store) to FAT32 64kb
I copied a couple games to each of the 4 sd cards and inserted them into the machines
The 3DS XL with old firmware will recognize the Sky3DS+
The newly bought 2DS with older firware, to replace the broken 3DS XL, will recognize all 4 Sky3DS+ cards
The 10.7.0 firmware 2DS systems (1 which I shouldn't have updated to check this) still does not recognize any of the 4 working Sky3DS+ cards

What is going on? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar problem, but nothing seems to work. I bought 4 Sky3DS+ cards. 3 for my 3 kids and 1 for my grandson. Here's the problem I'm having:

I've verified all cards as v112
2 of my kids have the original 3DS XL, one has a 2DS, and my grandson has a 2DS
Only my son with the 2DS has firmware 10.7.0
The others, all vary from as low as 6.?? to 9.??
All 4 Sky3DS+ cards work in all but the 2DS with 10.7.0
I decided to update my grandson's 2DS to 10.7.0 and now it doesn't recognize any of the 4 Sky3DS+ cards
One of my daughters breaks her 3DS XL, I bought her a new 2DS...firmware was not updated...and I am not updating it
All systems will play original cartridges and the Supercard DSTwo cards for the NDS games...even the updated 2DS systems
I have double checked that the Sky3DS+ cards are v112
I have reformatted all sd cards (legit 4 & 8 gig sd cards from store) to FAT32 64kb
I copied a couple games to each of the 4 sd cards and inserted them into the machines
The 3DS XL with old firmware will recognize the Sky3DS+
The newly bought 2DS with older firware, to replace the broken 3DS XL, will recognize all 4 Sky3DS+ cards
The 10.7.0 firmware 2DS systems (1 which I shouldn't have updated to check this) still does not recognize any of the 4 working Sky3DS+ cards

What is going on? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Why would you update to 10.7 instead of 9.2 and just using a CFW?

Oryahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you update to 10.7 instead of 9.2 and just using a CFW?
I had a feeling my first response would be something like that, instead of something helpful or at least insightful. My kid updated the first one. The cards were supposed to be able to work (and I've seen videos of supposed working cards with systems updated to 10.7.0). So the only one I updated was the second one, to see if it was an issue with the 10.7.0 firmware. As expected, the 10.7.0 firmware did disable the use of the card.

So, if anyone else would like to take a stab at giving me some ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a feeling my first response would be something like that, instead of something helpful or at least insightful. My kid updated the first one. The cards were supposed to be able to work (and I've seen videos of supposed working cards with systems updated to 10.7.0). So the only one I updated was the second one, to see if it was an issue with the 10.7.0 firmware. As expected, the 10.7.0 firmware did disable the use of the card.

So, if anyone else would like to take a stab at giving me some ideas, I would really appreciate it.
Updating to 10.7 shouldn't block the Sky3DS.
Are you sure the rom doesn't have newer AP checks, and if so, does the Sky3DS support those roms?
Is the rom valid?
Have you tested the SD card to see if it's real?

Once you get it to work you can downgrade to 9.2 using OoT3D, or Cubic Ninja https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading)

Oryahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating to 10.7 shouldn't block the Sky3DS.
Are you sure the rom doesn't have newer AP checks, and if so, does the Sky3DS support those roms?
Is the rom valid?
Have you tested the SD card to see if it's real?

Once you get it to work you can downgrade to 9.2 using OoT3D, or Cubic Ninja https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading)

I'm guessing you only read the first line or 2 of my original post. As stated in my original post, all sd cards are from the store and have no problem with the Sky3DS+ cards in every other 2DS and 3DS that I've put them in. The first 2DS I put it in with 10.7.0 it did not recognize the card. The same 4 cards that will not work in 2 of my kids' 2DS systems with 10.7.0 all work in every other 2DS and 3DS system that don't have 10.7.0. I even tried all 4 Sky3DS systems in my brother's son's 2DS and they all worked. He was kind enough to update his system for me to check and see what happens. All 4 cards now do not work in his son's 2DS after updating to 10.7.0. All sd cards were bought together from the store and are SanDisk brand. All sd cards are formatted to FAT32. All 4 Sky3DS+ cards work in my other kids' systems that aren't at 10.7.0 and not in a total of 3 tried 2DS systems with 10.7.0.

Additionally, I even reformatted my youngest son's 2DS system and set it all back up (lost the downloadable content...temporarily) as if I just opened it for the first time. Tried all 4 Sky3DS+ cards and none were recognized. Every other one without 10.7.0 recognizes and plays the games just fine.

Last edited by Oryahn,

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you only read the first line or 2 of my original post. As stated in my original post, all sd cards are from the store and have no problem with the Sky3DS+ cards in every other 2DS and 3DS that I've put them in. The first 2DS I put it in with 10.7.0 it did not recognize the card. The same 4 cards that will not work in 2 of my kids' 2DS systems with 10.7.0 all work in every other 2DS and 3DS system that don't have 10.7.0. I even tried all 4 Sky3DS systems in my brother's son's 2DS and they all worked. He was kind enough to update his system for me to check and see what happens. All 4 cards now do not work in his son's 2DS after updating to 10.7.0. All sd cards were bought together from the store and are SanDisk brand. All sd cards are formatted to FAT32. All 4 Sky3DS+ cards work in my other kids' systems that aren't at 10.7.0 and not in a total of 3 tried 2DS systems with 10.7.0.

Additionally, I even reformatted my youngest son's 2DS system and set it all back up (lost the downloadable content...temporarily) as if I just opened it for the first time. Tried all 4 Sky3DS+ cards and none were recognized. Every other one without 10.7.0 recognizes and plays the games just fine.
Do real games work?
Have you tried blowing into the cartridge slot?

shieldcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hello,

I also have a problem with sky3ds+.
I download the firmware file and put it on my sd card.

Then I put the sd card in the sky3ds and I use the usb cable to connect it with the laptop.
When I connect it, it displays a green light for 1 second and then it goes off. No lights, nothing.

I tried adding games by using a usb sd reader. Then I put it in my 3DS, it shows a red- then green- then blue light very fast, 3 times.. then goes off. And nothing happens.

Also no settings.txt is created.

Is sky3ds+ faulty? I think it works as I can see the light. Maybe the SD card (4GB Kingston SDC4) is not compatible?
Can anyone please help me?

Thank you

tallpr24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally got around to upgrading my old sky3ds blue button card to the new sky3ds +. I used the same SanDisk Ultra 16GB UHS-I/Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card. formated fat32 with 64 cluster. I downloaded the lates t.bin firmware and game file , placed it in the root of my sd card. I then plugged it in to my pc via usb cable and i see the green led flash for about 5 seconds then it shuts off. I placed a good rom in the sd card. When i put the card in 3ds nothing happens. No game icon

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a 16GB card use 32kb cluster.

Edit: Ah funny, on their site they say to format it with 64kb cluster. That makes no sense for card under 32GB... Mine works great with my 32GB SD and 32kb cluster.

Have you done that part:
A settings.txt file and other .sav files will be built in your microSD card once start to play
games, open the settings.txt, add the line "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1"(default 0,
can change it anytime later) and save it

Last edited by Redferne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1