Hacking Sky3DS not working (New 2 orange button version)

mcjmetroid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump up this thread but I've noticed on my newly formatted fat3d 64gb card that it's no allowing me to put more than 3 gb on this. I tried this deleting every game on the card and putting on Snake Eater but it won't budge. The card says 58GB is free. What should I do here. Otherwise it's working great though thanks for the help so far :)

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry to bump up this thread but I've noticed on my newly formatted fat3d 64gb card that it's no allowing me to put more than 3 gb on this. I tried this deleting every game on the card and putting on Snake Eater but it won't budge. The card says 58GB is free. What should I do here. Otherwise it's working great though thanks for the help so far :)

The format of the formatted card dosent allow for more than 4gb files(that is actually 3gb and some more extra mb). And thats good, cause is the format Sky3ds+ needs to run.

If u wanna play roms which are greater than this limit u can divide then by trimming into smaller parts.

mcjmetroid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The format of the formatted card dosent allow for more than 4gb files(that is actually 3gb and some more extra mb). And thats good, cause is the format Sky3ds+ needs to run.

If u wanna play roms which are greater than this limit u can divide then by trimming into smaller parts.

I saw this on the site yes actually problem is. none of the trimmed roms seem to work.
In particular resident evil revelations and snake eater 3D.
Any known problems with these games ? According to the working roms list it should work.

Zaknafiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bumping this thread again hoping someone can help me :(

I'm having the same issue as OP, except I am using a 8GB lexar microSD

I bought an sky3ds plus (orange button), loaded firmware 110 onto it, updated the firmware using the usb cable it came with, then I added a rom (I checked to make sure region matched), but 3ds just shows game slot as empty. sky3ds flashes red then green when I insert into my 3ds console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Forgot to mention, I did make sure to format microsd to fat32 prior to starting the process, using windows

JRHYLE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE GUYS HELP. I'M DESPERATE!!! (New 3DS XL 10.7.0 - 32U)

I actually have the same problem, and your help is greatly appreciated. Here's my story .... I received my SKY3DS plus last Monday and have been figuring out for hours why it's not showing any game I loaded into the Micro SD card. At first try, I updated the firmware to v112 then used Diskwriter to write games in my Kingston 32gb and Sandisk 16gb Micro SD cards. It didn't work. Then only to find out that the ROMs I used were not US Region (duh-wrong move). So I looked for US ROMS and restarted again. Still no game showing. So I figured it must be the Micro SD card like most stories I've read here so I bought 2 x new Samsung EVO 32gb cards.

The cards arrived 2 days later. Then I got an e-mail back from the store I bought it from and said there's no need for Diskwriter, you can just drag and drop the .3ds games as long as it's in the correct region and format. So I formatted the Samsung 32gb using the SDFormatter and uploaded a US Region ROM. Inserted the micro sd in the game slot BUT NOTHING ... I opened the micro sd in my computer and it now contains 3 files ---- settings.txt, the .3ds game and a .SAV

Where did I go wrong? Or was I unlucky to be given a bad flashcart? I'd be happy to hear your thoughts. Thank you in advance!!!!

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE GUYS HELP. I'M DESPERATE!!! (New 3DS XL 10.7.0 - 32U)

I actually have the same problem, and your help is greatly appreciated. Here's my story .... I received my SKY3DS plus last Monday and have been figuring out for hours why it's not showing any game I loaded into the Micro SD card. At first try, I updated the firmware to v112 then used Diskwriter to write games in my Kingston 32gb and Sandisk 16gb Micro SD cards. It didn't work. Then only to find out that the ROMs I used were not US Region (duh-wrong move). So I looked for US ROMS and restarted again. Still no game showing. So I figured it must be the Micro SD card like most stories I've read here so I bought 2 x new Samsung EVO 32gb cards.

The cards arrived 2 days later. Then I got an e-mail back from the store I bought it from and said there's no need for Diskwriter, you can just drag and drop the .3ds games as long as it's in the correct region and format. So I formatted the Samsung 32gb using the SDFormatter and uploaded a US Region ROM. Inserted the micro sd in the game slot BUT NOTHING ... I opened the micro sd in my computer and it now contains 3 files ---- settings.txt, the .3ds game and a .SAV

Where did I go wrong? Or was I unlucky to be given a bad flashcart? I'd be happy to hear your thoughts. Thank you in advance!!!!
Is your SD card formatted to NTFS or FAT32? It should be FAT32.

JRHYLE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your SD card formatted to NTFS or FAT32? It should be FAT32.
It is FAT32. I already dumped 6 games in the micro SD and cyled through, still no game showing :cry: and when I check in my computer, each .3ds file now has a .SAV next to it.

Last edited by JRHYLE,

Food

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be the sd card my sky3ds would freeze when in games at times turns out it was a broken sd card i had swapped cards and it works fine it's picky when it comes to brands.

JRHYLE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be the sd card my sky3ds would freeze when in games at times turns out it was a broken sd card i had swapped cards and it works fine it's picky when it comes to brands.
I just had the Samsung EVO 32gb straight from the box. The flashcart is reading it for sure, why else would it create a .SAV file. But why isn't the game icon showing? :unsure:

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is FAT32. I already dumped 6 games in the micro SD and cyled through, still no game showing :cry: and when I check in my computer, each .3ds file now has a .SAV next to it.
Are you sure that the firmware updated correctly? Try putting the gameslist.bin from the sky3ds website on your sd card.

Food

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had the Samsung EVO 32gb straight from the box. The flashcart is reading it for sure, why else would it create a .SAV file. But why isn't the game icon showing? :unsure:
what region is you're Game and 3ds from?

JRHYLE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure that the firmware updated correctly? Try putting the gameslist.bin from the sky3ds website on your sd card.

The sky3ds site said that with the v110, the gamelist.bin is no longer necessary. I already updated it to v112 but I still gave it a try. No game icon.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what region is you're Game and 3ds from?

I made sure they are US ROMs.

Food

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sky3ds site said that with the v110, the gamelist.bin is no longer necessary. I already updated it to v112 but I still gave it a try. No game icon.
make sure the game you are using is a US rom as sky isn't RF no game icon most likey means you are prob trying to use a JAP or EUR game.

JRHYLE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The site actually says this ...

Note: A settings.txt file and other .sav files will be built in your microSD card once start to play
games
, open the settings.txt, add the line "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1"(default 0,
can change it anytime later) and save it, a .CFG file will be created in your microSD card after a game has
been played, it includes the specific info for that game(CART_ID,FLASH_ID...), you can build
you own .CFG file for playing a new game(or an online game) later if you know how to get those
info properly, which means you don't have to wait for the updated gamelist.bin file by our site,
the .CFG file has a higher priority than a gamelist.bin file.

It's happening but I don't see any game showing. Could it be the flashcart itself?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The site actually says this ...

Note: A settings.txt file and other .sav files will be built in your microSD card once start to play
games
, open the settings.txt, add the line "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1"(default 0,
can change it anytime later) and save it, a .CFG file will be created in your microSD card after a game has
been played, it includes the specific info for that game(CART_ID,FLASH_ID...), you can build
you own .CFG file for playing a new game(or an online game) later if you know how to get those
info properly, which means you don't have to wait for the updated gamelist.bin file by our site,
the .CFG file has a higher priority than a gamelist.bin file.

It's happening but I don't see any game showing. Could it be the flashcart itself?

Do you have any older SD cards around that you can test with? Maybe from a phone something?

JRHYLE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUCCESS!!! I guess the ROMS I'm using must be modified versions. One of the ROMS finally worked, Thank you everyone for all your help! I am now a happy camper. :yay3ds::D:lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1