Hacking SKY3DS flash card and eShop roms

Taipan20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello ive got the newest disk writer (106b5) and template (0211)
but when i try to write a USA rom onto my micro sd card
it says "this file has no resource data. please update the template"

the 3 roms i want to use are
retro city rampage DX USA
shantae pirates curse USA
Xeodrifter USA

the 3 of them are eshop games does anyone know if there's a way to write them onto the micro card so they will work??

i already installed the launcher.dat file to unlock the region restriction

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3DS can only run dumps of official games that have been released on real carts. You'll need a 3DS on 9.2 or lower and probably a Gateway cart to play those.

sALMAn84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sky3ds does not support eshop game. Unless if you can create your own template to support those eshop games.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
In Chinese BBSes, if somebody complained buying a wrong product, or messing up the console by own mistake, everyone would suggest selling it as 50 RMB (about US$8) with shipping cost included ("50包邮") - which meant they were glad to recycle the goods as a piece of junk.

Would you like to sell your Sky3DS in US$8 with shipping cost included - if Sky3DS never supports e-shop exclusive games & apps forever?

vincecartercrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Chinese BBSes, if somebody complained buying a wrong product, or messing up the console by own mistake, everyone would suggest selling it as 50 RMB (about US$8) with shipping cost included ("50包邮") - which meant they were glad to recycle the goods as a piece of junk.

Would you like to sell your Sky3DS in US$8 with shipping cost included - if Sky3DS never supports e-shop exclusive games & apps forever?

I really don't see how this is relevant.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I really don't see how this is relevant.
Since TC was angry with somebody laughing at his buying Sky3DS without researching its e-shop exclusive 3DSware compatibility, I would tell him laughing at somebody who made a wrong decision without gathering necessary informations was very common.

Besides that, there are NO solutions to satisfy what TC demands.
That's to say, TC can only either accept the fact that Sky3DS never supports e-shop games forever, or give up using Sky3DS such as selling it as US$8 with shipping cost included.

sbm888

Trophies
XP
Country

i got a headache reading that.....

Reactions: vincecartercrazy

vincecartercrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since TC was angry with somebody laughing at his buying Sky3DS without researching its e-shop exclusive 3DSware compatibility, I would tell him laughing at somebody who made a wrong decision without gathering necessary informations was very common.

I'm just saying it wouldn't be hard for him to find someone willing to give him $50 for a used sky3ds.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm just saying it wouldn't be hard for him to find someone willing to give him $50 for a used sky3ds.
I know a used Sky3DS is not that cheap.
But many Chinese BBS users like thinking as this way:
"If you bought something without considering and dissatisfied, then it's a junk. I very glad to recycle it with a low price."

Of course, TC can ignore such an unreasonable suggestion. It's just a suggestion.
But if everyone gives dissatisfied answer like this, then it's probably technically unavailable to solve TC's problem.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a used Sky3DS is not that cheap.
But many Chinese BBS users like thinking as this way:
"If you bought something without considering and dissatisfied, then it's a junk. I very glad to recycle it with a low price."

什么都别说了,我给你50邮包。

I always thought it was a funny saying, used it all the time when I chatted with friends on QQ. Doesn't work too well in English, haha. I'll give you 5 bucks to take it off your hands.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it does but eshop games lack headers so you have to put one in for it to work. theirs a guide and even a tool now to generate a template for your own roms.
rule #1 of saying something.....know what your talking about, sky3ds does not and cannot play eshop dumps even if they made a template file for the game so you could load it onto the card it still would not work

Taipan20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
even if they made a template file for the game so you could load it onto the card it still would not work

gamesquest1 is correct all my eshop roms are ".3DS" format ive made templates for them and written them onto the microSD. wehn i put the SKY3DS into my 3DS and push the blue button it says theres nothing on the microSD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)