Hardware Sky3ds+ and installing cfw help?

darkmanethewerew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there.

I have recently gotten a Sky3ds+ and I hope to use it to hack a number of 3dses. I've been searching around but I can't seem to find a tutorial and being that I've got a few 3ds with different versions and regions, I thought I'd come and ask. I am a complete noob at this so please bare with me.

These are the types of 3ds I would like to hack:
- a UK 3ds, version 6.3.0-12E
- a UK 3ds XL, version 10.6.0-31E
- a Japanese 3ds, version 10.7.0-32J
- a UK New3ds, version 9.9.0-26E

I want to hack them so that I can play roms/backups/dowlnloaded 3ds games on them but I also want to still be able to play retail games, do street pass, use eShop and my Nintendo account (in the case of the 3ds XL) and play Online (mainly the Japanese 3ds).

So, is the sky3ds+ enough to do this in terms of hardware? Can someone tell or link me to a guide on how I need to use the Sky3ds and any other things I need please? Also I was wondering if it's possible to essentially pirate download only games or duplicate already bought and downloaded games (or the ambassador exclusives) to another device?

Edit:
Crap! I just realised I posted this in the wrong section >< Sorry about that, is there any way I can fix this?

Last edited by darkmanethewerew,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Cubic Ninja (ninjhax) then follow a downgrade guide, preferably the OTP guide also

Sky3DS can use a Cubic Ninja rom of the same region as the console just fine.

Last edited by driverdis,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi there.

I have recently gotten a Sky3ds+ and I hope to use it to hack a number of 3dses. I've been searching around but I can't seem to find a tutorial and being that I've got a few 3ds with different versions and regions, I thought I'd come and ask. I am a complete noob at this so please bare with me.

These are the types of 3ds I would like to hack:
- a UK 3ds, version 6.3.0-12E
- a UK 3ds XL, version 10.6.0-31E
- a Japanese 3ds, version 10.7.0-32J
- a UK New3ds, version 9.9.0-26E

I want to hack them so that I can play roms/backups/dowlnloaded 3ds games on them but I also want to still be able to play retail games, do street pass, use eShop and my Nintendo account (in the case of the 3ds XL) and play Online (mainly the Japanese 3ds).

So, is the sky3ds+ enough to do this in terms of hardware? Can someone tell or link me to a guide on how I need to use the Sky3ds and any other things I need please? Also I was wondering if it's possible to essentially pirate download only games or duplicate already bought and downloaded games (or the ambassador exclusives) to another device?

Edit:
Crap! I just realised I posted this in the wrong section >< Sorry about that, is there any way I can fix this?

First read this:

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Then read this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-friendly-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds-from-fw-10-7.418125/

Then read this:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/

darkmanethewerew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! Those guides are exactly what I needed.

So Sky3DS+ will be able to run Cubic Ninja for NinjaHax just fine without any other stuff needed? (Aside from the Homebrew stuff) All I need to do is obtain the rom and put it on the Sky3DS+ and plug it in the 3DS as a normal game cartridge?

I still have a few questions about what I do after installing CFW and downgrading.
Do I install both rxTools and Arm9loaderHax?
Do I also need to get AuReiNAND too with Arm9?
Am I understanding correctly that rxTools and Arm9Loader will allow me to install digital versions of 3DS/eshop games from roms converted to CIA?
Is there a way to play roms from the SD card?

K3z

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes Sky3DS+ can run Cubic Ninja and NinjHax will work - however you will need a region-specific version of the game (e.g. the UK 3DS will require EUR Cubic Ninja).

-Arm9loaderHax and rxTools are different things - A9LH is an exploit that allows code execution very early in the boot process. rxTools is a Custom Firmware, which is system software that has been modified to allow things that aren't normally allowed (running homebrew, installing games, etc).

-AuReiNAND is also a custom firmware, it would be used instead of rxTools. All custom firmwares should allow installation of CIA files (CakesFW, AuReiNand, ReiNand, etc.)

-Arm9loaderhax is not a requirement, but it is quite nice to have. You can enable installation of CIA files without A9LH by using Cubic Ninja to downgrade to 9.2 and installing a custom firmware emunand. In order to install Arm9loaderhax you need to downgrade further to version 2.1 to obtain a file called OTP.bin which is unique to each console (meaning it has to be obtained for every console).

-You can't play ROMs from the SD card, but you can convert ROMs to CIA files and install them. When you install a CIA it is normally stored on the SD Card. You can play ROMs from the Sky3DS+ with no modification of the 3DS, but going online with ROMs using Sky3DS may result in a ban unless the ROM has private headers.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You want to do this:

Use Ninjhax with Cubic Ninja to enter Homebrew Launcher. Use Smealum's guide I linked to above. http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Downgrade to 9.2. There are several guides for this. It's quite easy, but if you're careless you can brick your system, so whatever guide you choose, do exactly what it says and read everything carefully first.

This one is good: https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-friendly-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds-from-fw-10-7.418125/

then you have a decision: EmuNAND only or Arm9LoaderHax. Either one will use a Custom Firmware that will allow you to run ROMs converted into cia format. Don't bother converting yourself, you can find plenty already converted at "that ISO site" everyone alludes to here. The CFW you choose depends first of all on whether you have a New 3DS or Old 3DS, secondly whether you are going the EmuNAND only route or the Arm9LoaderHax route, and thirdly what features you want to have. RX Tools maybe isn't the best. I would go with ReiNAND, AuReiNAND, or Cakes.

Personally I would avoid Arm9LoaderHax for the time being and just set up an EmuNAND since you are new to this. You can always install Arm9LoaderHax later.

Do this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

Again, be cautious, read everything carefully, don't be careless, follow the guide to the letter.

Last edited by regnad,

darkmanethewerew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool, thank you so much for the replies.

I looked around and setting up Arm9LoaderHax does indeed look pretty complicated and scary, so I'll avoid that unless I really need it.

Again, thanks so much for the help and links. If you don't mind, I just have two final questions:
- If I set all this up on my New3DS or 3DSXL, would this affect things I do on My Nintendo or my Nintendo account in general?
- Once this is set up, I understand that I wouldn't be able to play online with a downloaded game that I'm playing illegally, but would this apply to a retail cart too? Will I get banned for simply playing online from a retail cart but on a hacked 3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt