Hacking Sky 3ds, have to buy plus now?

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a sky 3ds it cost me quite a bit, I was upset when ap checks started and stopped playing my 3ds for quite awhile now.

I've been out of the scene for a long time now, I assume to play new games I now have to buy the sky 3ds plus? :(

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Most new games will have the AP check, so you will need to buy the Sky3DS+ for all new games.
Old games work on the sky3ds blue button on the newest firmware.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a sky 3ds it cost me quite a bit, I was upset when ap checks started and stopped playing my 3ds for quite awhile now.

I've been out of the scene for a long time now, I assume to play new games I now have to buy the sky 3ds plus? :(

If your 3ds is at 10.3 firmware, you can downgrade it and use custom firmware like rxtools

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nowadays, probably the best alternative for you is just dowgrade your system to the 9.2 version and install rxTools or Reinand
(It depends if you have an o3ds or the new one). To dowgrade from a firmware < or = to 10.3 you have to use safesysupdater (this site is plenty of tutorials). Apparently It seems to be even a way to downgrade from fw 10.4/10.5 (maybe even safer then the former), but you'll need an hard mod.

Check this link to have more info:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-har...10-4-10-5-to-10-2.412836/page-12#post-6036509

Last edited by Manuel9181,

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new 3ds, can you play online with the lower firmware?

and is still possible to use the E-shop and everything?

Last edited by SirGray,

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds great, I've got a new 3ds on 9.9.0-26U. Will I be able to downgrade without a hardmod and if so what would you guy suggest as the best guide to do so. Also rxTools vs Reinand which do you guys prefer and pro's or con's?

Thanks for all your help and info in advance! :D

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds great, I've got a new 3ds on 9.9.0-26U. Will I be able to downgrade without a hardmod and if so what would you guy suggest as the best guide to do so. Also rxTools vs Reinand which do you guys prefer and pro's or con's?

Hiya.

You can downgrade 9.9 easily, don't need a hardmod. There is a chance that you brick it if you are stupid, but if you use SafeSysUpdater that wont happen, unless you intentionally force the system off during the downgrade.

Since you have a New 3DS, rxTools only goes as high as 9.5 on EmuNAND, so ReiNAND would be my choice, since you can be on 10.5 EmuNAND with ReiNAND.

Use this guide but get SafeSysUpdater instead of the one used in the tutorial and you should be good. There are some steps to take care of after the downgrade, but at least the scary part is done when you've downgraded :)

If you have any questions whatsoever don't hesitate to ask! =)

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I personally prefer rxTools for all its features but for now it doesn't support emunands > 9.5 for n3ds. So you have to go with reiNand for now, but in the future you should be able to switch with rxTools without lose your data because they use exactly the same emuNand. Also, if i remember correct, the Fw 9.9 wont let you run browserhax so you'll have to buy a copy of cubic ninja or Ocarina of Time 3d. Unfortunately, I don't have personally experience with these haxs (i used browserhax) so I can't help you a lot.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nowadays, probably the best alternative for you is just dowgrade your system to the 9.2 version and install rxTools or Reinand
(It depends if you have an o3ds or the new one). To dowgrade from a firmware > or = to 10.3 you have to use safesysupdater (this site is plenty of tutorials). Apparently It seems to be even a way to downgrade from fw 10.4/10.5 (maybe even safer then the former), but you'll need an hard mod.

Check this link to have more info:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-har...10-4-10-5-to-10-2.412836/page-12#post-6036509
You can't downgrade from a firmware greater than 10.3! ('>' means 'greater than')

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I personally prefer rxTools for all its features but for now it doesn't support emunands < 9.5 for n3ds. So you have to go with reiNand for now, but in the future you should be able to switch with rxTools without lose your data because they use exactly the same emuNand. Also, if i remember correct, the Fw 9.9 wont let you run browserhax so you'll have to buy a copy of cubic ninja or Ocarina of Time 3d. Unfortunately, I don't have personally experience with these haxs (i used browserhax) so I can't help you a lot.
It's a n3DS, so it's still possible to use browserhax with this workaround :) https://gbatemp.net/threads/browserhax-is-still-working.400991/

Reactions: Manuel9181

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I personally prefer rxTools for all its features but for now it doesn't support emunands > 9.5 for n3ds. So you have to go with reiNand for now, but in the future you should be able to switch with rxTools without lose your data because they use exactly the same emuNand. Also, if i remember correct, the Fw 9.9 wont let you run browserhax so you'll have to buy a copy of cubic ninja or Ocarina of Time 3d. Unfortunately, I don't have personally experience with these haxs (i used browserhax) so I can't help you a lot.
He's got a blue button Sky - he can run a rom of Cubic Ninja :D

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh since I'll be using emunand instead of sky3ds, do I need to convert my .3ds games to .cia and use an installer to use and play them online? and I suppose I don't have to worry about using my private headers anymore?

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Oh since I'll be using emunand instead of sky3ds, do I need to convert my .3ds games to .cia and use an installer to use and play them online? and I suppose I don't have to worry about using my private headers anymore?

Yes. You can play online with CIA as it uses the console header. No one reported bans on using CIA yet

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
is there anyway to convert my .3ds to .cia?
Yes, it's slightly bothersome though, you'll have to generate a file using the .3ds, put that on your 3DS to generate another pair of files, then do the conversion on the PC. Not sure if it can be done in batch, maybe it can. If you have a fast connection I'd just recommend going to that iso site and find Billy's GDRIVE thread and use the CIAs from there :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1