Hacking SKY 3ds blue button

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not claiming they save to eeprom I'm claiming all my games back up and restore wherever they are saved and I'm not changing my story

i'm ... i'm done. i'm walking away, i can't handle you.

your sky3ds cart does not back up your saves. nor does it restore them. your sky3ds cart EEPROM saves are completly diffrent then your micro sd rom saves. even if your micro sd has backup saves, they would be lost if your micro sd corrupts, and gets reformatted, making them useless for your argument.

also way to completly avoid my all caps bold statements that prove you have no IDEA what your talking about.

anyway i'm not responding to you anymore, nomatter what dumb shit you post.

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP

your sky3ds cart does not back up your saves. nor does it restore them. your sky3ds cart EEPROM saves are completly diffrent then your micro sd rom saves. even if your micro sd has backup saves, they would be lost if your micro sd corrupts, and gets reformatted, making them useless for your argument.

also way to completly avoid my all caps bold statements that prove you have no IDEA what your talking about.

Because I'm coming back with the proof and you can't handle this I wouldn't say my card did something if truly it didn't buy a card mate and see hell I'm contemplating buying one for you just so you can get your head around it the disk writer includes a backup and restore function of saves for this very matter. And again I'm telling you I have never had a corrupted sd card and just for your info if you have saves backed up on the computer or anywhere for that matter yes you can restore them you buffoon I reformatted by choice and not because of corruption

Because I'm coming back with the proof and you can't handle this I wouldn't say my card did something if truly it didn't buy a card mate and see hell I'm contemplating buying one for you just so you can get your head around it the disk writer includes a backup and restore function of saves for this very matter. And again I'm telling you I have never had a corrupted sd card and just for your info if you have saves backed up on the computer or anywhere for that matter yes you can restore them you buffoon I reformatted by choice and not because of corruption
Metal gear solid game 16 on my list so not one of the first 10 working and saving fine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 342

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow..what are you 12?
Sheesh man, you need to take ur meds. Why are you insulting him? Calling him 'trolls' and cursing on here like you have lost your mind.
What is wrong with you guy?

You need to calm down. Aint nothing in this topic THAT serious.

I think the real problem with you can be summed up in two words: Buyers Remorse.

You are pissed that you got stuck with that inferior RED card. Now, you are lashing out everyone who has purchased a superior Blue card.
Do what Da1e85 says, and save your little pocket money and buy a BLUE CARD.
Then and only then will you have a valid argument in this discussion. As of now, you are making yourself look extremely childish.
Grow up dawg.

Reactions: da1e85

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
Wow..what are you 12?
Sheesh man, you need to take ur meds. Why are you insulting him? Calling him 'trolls' and cursing on here like you have lost your mind.
What is wrong with you guy?

You need to calm down. Aint nothing in this topic THAT serious.

I think the real problem with you can be summed up in two words: Buyers Remorse.

You are pissed that you got stuck with that inferior RED card. Now, you are lashing out everyone who has purchased a superior Blue card.
Do what Da1e85 says, and save your little pocket money and buy a BLUE CARD.
Then and only then will you have a valid argument in this discussion. As of now, you are making yourself look extremely childish.
Grow up dawg.
You yourself will see tomorrow when yours arrives that it's pretty much perfect for what you need it to do. I haven't being on this forum long but it does seem like there's alot of childish people here if you need any help setting it up or your getting game errors hit me up and I'll talk you through it. I'm here to help if possible and not here to hate about which card is best at the end of the day we all have cheaper games regardless of gateway or sky3ds blue or red but I do agree with you maybe he has a tinge of buyers remorse because all the problems he was describing are problems with the red card bypassing the 10 game limit and not the blue I'm even waiting for sky to email me back confirming this so I can upload the email to show him straight from the horses mouth but somehow I think that still won't be good enough.

Reactions: Multiboy2k

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You yourself will see tomorrow when yours arrives that it's pretty much perfect for what you need it to do. I haven't being on this forum long but it does seem like there's alot of childish people here if you need any help setting it up or your getting game errors hit me up and I'll talk you through it. I'm here to help if possible and not here to hate about which card is best at the end of the day we all have cheaper games regardless of gateway or sky3ds blue or red but I do agree with you maybe he has a tinge of buyers remorse because all the problems he was describing are problems with the red card bypassing the 10 game limit and not the blue I'm even waiting for sky to email me back confirming this so I can upload the email to show him straight from the horses mouth but somehow I think that still won't be good enough.

All the reports I've seen regarding the blue card version have been favorable. Saves are working without any trickery, you can write more than 10 ROMs, it switches correctly, etc.

The only reports of issues regarding the blue card that I saw were posts from Dawnbomb. But then he said he didn't even own a blue card... so?

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
All the reports I've seen regarding the blue card version have been favorable. Saves are working without any trickery, you can write more than 10 ROMs, it switches correctly, etc.

The only reports of issues regarding the blue card that I saw were posts from Dawnbomb. But then he said he didn't even own a blue card... so?
exactly and I'm pretty sure who get the card will also write how simple, quick and effective it is too

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW fanboys need to back the hell down for crise sakes, members have a choice. Again, MEMBERS HAVE A CHOICE. if they want to go with GW cool, if they want something thats more available on the market cool. No one knows how the sky3ds works so everything on the site, on sky3ds so far, is pure speculation. Members are posting there logic on how they think it works or see it works because its based off of what they have seen in the past with Nintendo. NO need to shoot someone in the leg over something like this. Be humble that the market has change and I quote from Tron Legacy "Your move,Flynn".

D

Deleted-355425

You never know sky3ds could be a sister company to gateway and just hitting up the market in between their 9.x exploit gets released.

Korvas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am in need of some help. I bought my sister a blue button Sky 3ds card for Christmas for her 3ds, which is a 7.4 firmware. I have followed every single step on the product website, sky3ds.com, and I can't get it to work. every time I eject the microSD card to put it in the card and then into the DS, nothing shows up on the 3ds menu's game slot at all, when I put it back into my pc, all the space on the microSD card has vanished and a single file that says setup is on the root of the card, which contains disk writer and its template file. the game I try to put on the card isn't even there, as when I reopen the card with diskwriter, it sees all the space my computer can't find, the game is not there and all 128GB of space are reading as open. Can you guys please help me figure out whats wrong?

xps2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use this SD Formatter 4.0 Format your micro sd card https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

then can you test your micro sd card with this tool H2testw 1.4 http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml to see if you micro sd card is real or fake

make sure you have .Net Framework V4.X install http://filehippo.com/download_dotnet_framework_4/

then go to sky3ds site http://www.sky3ds.com/download.html

download the Sky3DS Disk Writer V1.05 http://filetrip.net/dl?omo4fYauJG download the Sky3DS updated template file [12/25/2014] http://filetrip.net/dl?iQSBjQIazS

running Disk Writer as an administrator select File ---> Format yes yes ok select option change template open template file 12 25 14

drag and drop you game in to the Disk Writer click yes to all ---> games your are burning let it burn writing completed

insert the micro SD card into Sky3DS card then insert in your 3ds console you should see a blue led light blink the game should show up in your game card slot menu

if not eject the sky3ds card insert again --->>> you should see a blue led light blink the game should show up in your game card slot menu

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone knows how to flash eshop.3ds files?
Seems Sky3DS only supports dumped cartridges.

you can't write for example: Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC)(Virtual Console)(eShop) (EU).3ds cause it is not in the template file

they are slowly adding games to the template, just wait for it. but be aware, they said eshop games are low on their to do list. only very major eshop titles gets a eshop dump added to the template. and even then it sometimes takes awhile. as for things like GBC games, they are likly so insanely low on their priorities list that its being outrite ignored. your far better off grabbing the roms GBC edition and getting yourself a GBC emulator.

Reactions: DjoeN

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a question: I keep hearing about template files you need for flashing the roms on the micro sd. Does these need to be updated whenever new roms are released? Who updates the templates?

D

Deleted-355425

I have a question: I keep hearing about template files you need for flashing the roms on the micro sd. Does these need to be updated whenever new roms are released? Who updates the templates?

sky3ds updates the templates, they are on their website.

allknowing2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I am in need of some help. I bought my sister a blue button Sky 3ds card for Christmas for her 3ds, which is a 7.4 firmware. I have followed every single step on the product website, sky3ds.com, and I can't get it to work. every time I eject the microSD card to put it in the card and then into the DS, nothing shows up on the 3ds menu's game slot at all, when I put it back into my pc, all the space on the microSD card has vanished and a single file that says setup is on the root of the card, which contains disk writer and its template file. the game I try to put on the card isn't even there, as when I reopen the card with diskwriter, it sees all the space my computer can't find, the game is not there and all 128GB of space are reading as open. Can you guys please help me figure out whats wrong?

Add me to the list of people stuck with flashing blue lights. I checked the 32gb sd card - no issues. Any one game that I have tried (6) works fine. I just get flashing blue when I try to add a 2nd to the card.
When I look at the sd card - should I see anything besides the setup.exe file? Should I see roms or are they in a non-pc friendly format?

What I am trying now is to get 1 game working and do the save-backup, delete the game, try another, save-backup, then restore the first one works.
I have tried the sd format, the hwtest, the previous version of diskwriter/template. No difference. I tried a 2gb card but see that is a useless attempt.
The seller (local to waterloo) says there is nothing wrong and others have similar problems but have found the answers on this site?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt