Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was playing this for a couple of hours last night and thought it was amazing. It just felt like the first time I played Tony Hawk on the N64. For me the Tony Hawk games have been starting to feel a bit stale, this game just feels so fresh, the gameplay is genius and the actual game world is better than anything in Tony Hawk.

Being from EA I expected something really mediocre but instead got something thats well made and adds to the genre.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Nice! Sounds great, I would have been playing it too but I got the wrong release last week lol (FRE/GER) so am picking up the right one tonight.
I've never been a big fan of the Tony hawk's series (liked THPS2 on PSX best) for pretty much the same reasons as everyone else, series has become stale, but this game looks to be more realistic which is what I prefer with this type of game.
Pretty sure I read a feature list for the next TH game and it looked like a SKATE checklist lol with even MORE features!
I read Skate has a saved films feature like Halo 3 too, so you can upload mad stunts for others to see. I wonder if this kind of feature is about to become more of a default option in 360/next gen games.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried Warriors Orochi @ hadrian? Wondering whether it's worth the download, read good reviews but most of them are from KOEI fans so most likely biased..

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Warriors Orochi was just a really bland, hollow & very repetitive game. Fans of Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warrior may like it but I didn't at all.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I thought Warriors Orochi was just a really bland, hollow & very repetitive game. Fans of Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warrior may like it but I didn't at all.

Ah, think I'll probably swerve it then, thought it may have somethin new as it strayed from the normal Samurai/Dynasty title.

As for Skate, I'd forgot about it until I read this topic.. now I can't wait to finish work to grab it on the way home lol.
Looks like EA have started to get things done right, if the quality of this game is anything to go on, hopefully Army Of Two will pack the same kind of punch!
(Shame about Fifa 08 though heh
wink.gif
)

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for Fifa '08 360, the only one that is out isn't in English
frown.gif

Not played the Wii one due to a lack of modchip, can't get the PS2 one either as I left my PS2 in the shed at my parents back in Northants!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Gutted guys I didn't get to try it last night, my mate is on night shift and I missed him by 10 minutes or so! In the end I ended up grabbin a few skulls on Halo 3 then whoring a few points on MoH Airborne, which I didn't like at first but have really got into it now. Much better than the previous games as you have to use a bit of strategy, i.e if you run in you die lol.
Am going round there tomorrow for a Halo 3 co-op session so will defo grab it then. Also gonna get Conan which I didn't think was out for AGES so that's a nice surprise, and Sega Rally. Am in 2 minds whether to bother with CSI as the last game on Xbox was piss poor!
If anyone has tried Conan yet what do you think?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I've played the Skate demo. I love it. The control scheme and overall presentation are really fresh after how stupid Tony Hawk has gotten. I'll be sure to pick up Skate when I have some extra cash.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if EA brought it over to the Wii/DS/Ps2/PSP this is really a game that everyone should have a chance to play.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skate is a good game, the graphics are nice and it seems to have gone back to the tony hawks 4 days when it was good. You have to ask people and get tasks like you did on tony hawks 4. The great thing so far is you don't need to get off the skate board, rid BMX (Dave Mirra style) or anything else). I like the controls but they can be a pain in the arse. Especially when having to copy someone elses moves and it never does what you want it to do.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Had a couple of plays on skate. Control system takes a little getting used to after so many years of hawks games, but I'm starting to get to grips with it now and I've pulled off a couple of cool tricks.

I'll be giving hawks a miss this year.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've played it, I prefer TH PG controls at this point.
Why does it depend so much on sticks and shoulder buttons instead of face buttons? I don't know, face buttons were always easy to press for me.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It takes a lot of getting used to and I still find myself trying to hit A to jump sometimes, but it is a more natural and fluid control system once you un-program yourself (damn your decade-long reign, hawks!).

Similar control concept to Fight Night, don't you think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse