Sixaxis Issue

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Prior22, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Prior22
    OP

Prior22 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    I decided to buy a wired 360 controller and adapter for usage with a PS3. At first I was very pleased with the result, as there were no lag issues. However the issue of Sixaxis popped up.

Unfortunately certain PS3 games require Sixaxis and the 360 controller obviously can't handle them. Right now as a long time RPG and strategy fan I'm trying out some first person shooters to see if I can get into them too. So I'm curious if someone can let me know of any FPS' they know of which require Sixaxis.

I saw an online listing which included COD 3, 4 and World at War. As well as both Resistance games. However the possibility exists that the listing isn't completely up to date. So any FPS' people can reference which require sixaxis would be appreciated.

2. Shawn ShyGuy

Shawn ShyGuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    Now, let me just ask you this, by "sixaxis" do you mean motion controls, or the sixaxis controller?
    Because I can give you a whole spiel on what the deal with motion is if that's the case, but if you're talking games only supporting DS3/SixAxis, then I'm afraid that's just how it is. Maybe some adapters can spoof the system into thinking the Xbox pad is an official PlayStation one, but from what I've seen, you're basically SOL.

3. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    If you were on CFW this would be easier. CFW has something called PS3xPad 0.8 which allows almost any 3rd party controller to work.