KoopaTroopa311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--Solved--

Hey, this isn't working for me.

I launch the .elf from the HBL, then it sends me to the system menu. After this, titles that would need sig-patches won't run. I've tried it with 2 SD cards already.

Any help would be appreciated :)

[EDIT] Nevermind, I'm dumb. I was trying to play fakesigned stuff installed through redNAND.

Last edited by KoopaTroopa311,

dibas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
This is sigchecked? If so, how is modifying the logos/icons for haxchi 2.0 possible without sigpatches?

The check is only about the boot sound and nintendo logo in the corner (in both image and movie-format), both of which are not changed for haxchi.

Reactions: CeeDee

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm confused as to why someone wouldn't just use Haxchi as an entry point to the HBL every time, as opposed to trying to install it as its own channel
There is a vast number of reasons people might not want to or can't use Haxchi.

1. not everyone has a credit card to buy the game

2. They might not want to actually not be able to play the DS game they own

3. not every country has access to the eshop

and many more reasons why.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I thought it was like that :) Thanks for clearing that up...... Now to my other question: When I use Haxchi and this sign_patcher, can I install USA vc games on my WiiU Eur 5.5.1 ?

I just installed Zelda: Skyward Sword VC USA on my EUR console using Haxchi and sign_patcher and it works fine.
As mentioned before you'll have to run the sig patcher after every boot because the game is fake signed and out of region.

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed Zelda: Skyward Sword VC USA on my EUR console using Haxchi and sign_patcher and it works fine.
As mentioned before you'll have to run the sig patcher after every boot because the game is fake signed and out of region.
Great, Thank you so much for the info......

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong....

Don't you have to run sigpatcher first to launch channel (because its fake signed)? So browser hack to launch HBL to launch sigpatch to then be able to launch HBL?
That's right but in combination with coldboothax you can just launch the channel.
Coldboot into haxchi title -> starts sign_patcher.elf because that's the default in config.txt-> HBL channel ... That's if it worked at the moment. ..

I agree haxchi -> HBL is more practical right now I'm just looking at a bigger picture

Last edited by Nikolay,

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. This is a lot better than people having to compile their own fw.img and the boot time is faster!

Would it be possible to add a patch that makes the console read a dummy system.xml file thus preventing an infinite boot loop when trying to do coldboothax?

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get this to work. I always get the message, "the purchaser of this software has been deleted" error message whenever I try to play a game with a fake ticket.

edit: wait, I installed my games through redNAND with system config tool. r those incompatible?

Last edited by veraci_00,

KKCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks to me like the modified HBL sd_loader code (elf loader) on haxchi has some issues with the HBL1.4 / HBL2.1 combination. I don't have haxchi and tested it from browser -> hbl 1.4 -> sign_pathcer -> hbl2.1 which worked fine. I will retry it later to confirm it again but I cant really test the haxchi stuff. I can take a look at the sd loader code in haxchi to see if I find the problem.

EDIT:
Ok i just checked it again and I was using the old 1.3 MP4 when testing this. With the old MP4 and HBL 1.4/2.1 it works fine.
There is a generell issue with the new MP4 of HBL 1.4 which is also used by haxchi, where launching the HBL channel is not possible after it. Solving that is a bit more complicated and would require a new HBL1.4 MP4 / haxchi version.

Using the custom fw.img reloads the full OS and therefore HBL 2.1 works with that again. This does not reload the OS and HBL1.4 is still integrated into Mii Maker. You can use that for the time being until the fixes are done. You don't need to launch the channel 2.1 version actually.

Will this be fixed? I can live with using IOSUhax for now, but I'd much rather have it in elf/rpx form. Also, can the modifications this does be permanently implemented using wupserver?

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get this to work. I always get the message, "the purchaser of this software has been deleted" error message whenever I try to play a game with a fake ticket.

edit: wait, I installed my games through redNAND with system config tool. r those incompatible?

nm. I was told what the problem was - the ticket is in redNAND, not system NAND.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there already any way to configure my console to automatically boot the signature check patcher on startup? Or any way to automatically boot into custom firmware?

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there already any way to configure my console to automatically boot the signature check patcher on startup? Or any way to automatically boot into custom firmware?

Yes there is. It's called coldboothax. But people have bricked trying (you get anything wrong you brick). It works by altering the default WiiU system.xml to boot hachi (which needs to be on sysNAND). Hachi is set to autoboot whatever you want - sigpatcher or iosuhax or whatever). You also need a dummy XML else you get into a boot loop. You should only try this if you really know what you are doing. It currently boots sysMenu like 3 times (and not only 2). There are threads about it in other forum sections on here.

Try at your own risk.

http://www.wiiubru.com/rip/

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have installed some games to usb using the brazilian method. Will I still be able to play these games after using the sig patch? Or will I have to reinstall all games?

dimok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I've written something new. It's a full featured iosuhax cfw like thing with wupserver, /dev/iosuhax node, all the signature check patches and a full os reload which makes it a clean firmware again. The difference is, it does not require any fw.img on your SD card or else where. All the nice stuff is inside the ELF file and I can perfectly share it with everyone. The custom firmware is equal to the "make cfw" build on my iosuhax fork regarding the features. It even reloads itself like iosuhax when you enter settings and leave them again from memory (ELF file is only required on first launch). You are not loosing the patches or anything.

So here are some PoC builds that you guys can try out (and maybe report if you find something out of ordinary):
version with splash screen:
http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/Gr7qDsDA/file.html

version with splash for coldbooter:
http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/rWrDiPTf/file.html

and a small version without splash to show how small it can be (90% of the size is the splash screen):
http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/Q0pDbp60/file.html

I will also make a redNAND version later but its not done yet.

I am thinking of giving this thing a new name as it is not very alike to iosuhax as it was before. It is quite different. Though parts of iosuhax are also big part of it, like the wupserver. So I think it should be a name that reminds one of iosuhax or parts of it. We though of many funny names with @dibas, @Maschell, @Cyan and @pwsincd (like iosuramhax, yail (yet another iosuhax loader) or even NaCl) but nothing that we all agreed on. If you think of something nice, let me know.

Sources and stuff will come later. I need to clean it up a bit more and make it more dev friendly :P.

Last edited by dimok,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol