Homebrew Official Simple signature check patcher

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I downloaded another game and it install without flaws. Still don´t try usb downloader as in the moment don´t need it, thanks!!

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
It is possible start this app automatically once started HBL withouth select it? I need launch this app starting HBChannel with WiiMote or Pro Controller and wait for auto start this app

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
I already have Haxchi
You will have to reinstall haxchi again , get the latest version and replace the files with the ones inside your sd card , open the config file with the notepad (the config file inside the haxchi folder):

- type :"default=sysmenu".
- and use "a" to your homebrew launcher if you want type : "a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf".
- save.
- go to your wiiu side and reinstall haxchi again.

Don't forget to unplug any usb drives you have connected , this will patch the signature checks and make your Wiiu region free every time you start haxchi by defaut , and you will have to press "a", to access the hbl , or just get the RPX version of HbL a,d install it to your sysmenu.

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,
Reactions: trunske

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just a note, in case he still think he needs a way to boot "this app" (Simple signature patcher).

If you use haxchi, you can link many different homebrew to each of your button, but you don't need signature patcher anymore.
using "sysmenu" is doing the same thing than sigpatcher.

default=sysmenu
is the same as
default=wiiu/apps/Simple signature patcher/sigpatch2sysmenu.elf

you can then add different path to all your buttons if you want shortcut to your other homebrew:

a=path to homebrew.elf
b=
x=
y=
etc.

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a note, in case he still think he needs a way to boot "this app" (Simple signature patcher).

If you use haxchi, you can link many different homebrew to each of your button, but you don't need signature patcher anymore.

default=sysmenu
is the same as

you can then add different path to all your buttons if you want shortcut to your other homebrew:

a=path to homebrew.elf
b=
x=
y=
etc.
You will have to reinstall haxchi again , get the latest version and replace the files with the ones inside your sd card , open the config file with the notepad (the config file inside the haxchi folder):

- and use "a" to your homebrew launcher if you want type : "a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf".
- save.

Don't forget to unplug any usb drives you have connected , this will patch the signature checks and make your Wiiu region free every time you start haxchi by defaut , and you will have to press "a", to access the hbl , or just get the RPX version of HbL a,d install it to your sysmenu.

Thanks! I will try tomorrow and reinstall

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country

default=sysmenu
is the same as

a=path to homebrew.elf
b=
x=
y=
etc.
yes but the mini cfw inside of haxchi is more useful , it spoofs the system version , unlike sigpatcher , it may avoid any future Nintendo updates.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if it's spoofing the system menu version, or the version.bin string.
in both case it's not reliable, so maybe Fix94 made a different spoof, something that I'm not thinking.

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
yes but the mini cfw inside of haxchi is more useful , it spoofs the system version , unlike sigpatcher , it may avoid any future Nintendo updates.
I don't know if it's spoofing the system menu version, or the version.bin string.
in both case it's not reliable, so maybe Fix94 made a different spoof, something that I'm not thinking.

Thanks both for help me, I just tried it and it worked perfectly but this is not what I wanted haha anyway thanks, it's very useful anyway.
I wanted that other Buttons from other controller it work like WiiMote or Pro Controller U. And this method only works on GamePad, I just realize that never will work for WiiMote or Pro Controller U because like MiiMaker, when you turn on the channel , it ask you to turn on Gamepad...

I want let my Wii U to my little cousins and niece but I dont want let them the GamePad because they can broke up that's the reason I was searching for a way to this work with other controllers not only Gamepad haha

Anyway I really apreciate both your help it really comfortable go to Sign Patcher instantly! thanks!

EnzoSk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excuse me, this may be a silly question (as I think iosuhax is still needed, but in doubt). Is this compatible with a 5.3.2 firmware, in order to exploit it with the brazilian method?

Last edited by EnzoSk,

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me, this may be a silly question. Is this compatible with a 5.3.2 firmware, in order to exploit it with the brazilian method?
You are almost forced to update because you need Original eShop to purchase de DS Game compatible with Haxchi. Btw its work much better in 5.5.1 than 5.3.2

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was never answered finding if it is regionfree too?
I'm not sure where you asked, as this is your only post in this thread. It's also not clear if "it" refers to simple signature check patcher, or the more recent off-topic haxchi discussion.

Anyway, the OP says:
The following signature checks are all patched out by this (which is equivalent to a custom fw.img):
  • cert verification
  • cached cert check
  • MCP authentication check
  • public key verification check
  • bootLogoTex and bootMovie.h264 check
  • region title launch check
Bypassing the region title launch check is what most people consider region-free. Haxchi's sysmenu option does also bypass that check.

Reactions: WiisleyU

Vendo232

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

default=sysmenu
is the same as

a=path to homebrew.elf
b=
x=
y=
etc.

Cyan apology but I`m very simple minded, could you please list sequence of operation you still have to do before you launch DLC game using your process?

For me today I do this

1. start the console
2. enter Haxchi icon which will start HBL
3. enter sigpatch2sysmenu channel ( using Gamepad or Wiimote with infraport bar )
4. enter Mario Kart 8 with DLC

I feel you tried to explain something significant in this process and I would like to learn what shortcut will you process steps make.

thank you very much.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks both for help me, I just tried it and it worked perfectly but this is not what I wanted haha anyway thanks, it's very useful anyway.
I wanted that other Buttons from other controller it work like WiiMote or Pro Controller U. And this method only works on GamePad, I just realize that never will work for WiiMote or Pro Controller U because like MiiMaker, when you turn on the channel , it ask you to turn on Gamepad...

I want let my Wii U to my little cousins and niece but I dont want let them the GamePad because they can broke up that's the reason I was searching for a way to this work with other controllers not only Gamepad haha

Anyway I really apreciate both your help it really comfortable go to Sign Patcher instantly! thanks!

I know what you mean trunske and you can still use Wiimote with infraport bar instead of GamePad to start Haxchi and Patcher.

Last edited by Vendo232,

Vendo232

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- save.

Ghassen this is great advise ! I followed your guide and now Haxchi will go back to WiiU Menu on single click.

so I can do following

1. start the console
2. enter Haxchi icon which auto activate the patcher and go back to WiiU Mode
3. enter Mario Kart 8 with DLC

this will also help Trunske to activate patcher without GamePad and use only Pro Controller. Great! I was looking for this also!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. start Haxchi, and right when haxchi starts, keep B button pressed, until system menu reloads.
2. enter Mario kart 8 with DLC

if it doesn't work, you don't have haxchi updated. update it (reinstall the latest version, it will update! do not delete the old one)

Reactions: WiisleyU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...