Homebrew Official Simple signature check patcher

PetitMagique

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi is not required. However, it is a conveinent method for launching HBC and other .elf payloads directly from your system menu (ie. it is injected into a VC game) without the need for launching through the browser exploit.

You only need to run sig check patcher when you want to mess with eshop or DLC titles. Titles that were released on disc and have a valid ticket can be installed directly to USB via wupinstaller with no need for sig check patcher.

Regardless of what you use sig check patcher for you need to manually start it every time you reset your Wii U (or in my expericence, after exiting the settings menu). Unless of course you setup coldboot hax.

Reactions: specillk111

specillk111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi is not required. However, it is a conveinent method for launching HBC and other .elf payloads directly from your system menu (ie. it is injected into a VC game) without the need for launching through the browser exploit.

You only need to run sig check patcher when you want to mess with eshop or DLC titles. Titles that were released on disc and have a valid ticket can be installed directly to USB via wupinstaller with no need for sig check patcher.

Regardless of what you use sig check patcher for you need to manually start it every time you reset your Wii U (or in my expericence, after exiting the settings menu). Unless of course you setup coldboot hax.
Thank you so much for the help and replies. A true gentleman.

specillk111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How exactly should I have it set up on my SD card? How should the folders look and be named? I tried it out earlier and it didn't install anything I tried. I have 5.32 Wii U, Sig check was in SD:/wiiu/apps/sign_patcher/sign_patcher.elf
Went into HBC via online exploit, went into sig check patcher(goes black for 2 sec. then right back to HBC) I then go to wupinstaller and try to install my titles. Always comes back with an error screen saying DLC/eShop games need a sig patch.

I am using sig check patch to HBC, not sig check patch to sysmenu

Any suggestions?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it out earlier and it didn't install anything I tried. I have 5.32 Wii U
Although the OP doesn't say so, and there's no readme on github, I think you have to be on 5.5.1. I only see one set of addresses in the source, and I'd expect to see OS-version dependent addresses if this supported more than 5.5.1

PetitMagique

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly should I have it set up on my SD card? How should the folders look and be named? I tried it out earlier and it didn't install anything I tried. I have 5.32 Wii U, Sig check was in SD:/wiiu/apps/sign_patcher/sign_patcher.elf
Went into HBC via online exploit, went into sig check patcher(goes black for 2 sec. then right back to HBC) I then go to wupinstaller and try to install my titles. Always comes back with an error screen saying DLC/eShop games need a sig patch.

I am using sig check patch to HBC, not sig check patch to sysmenu

Any suggestions?

Hmm, could it be that you are on 5.3.2 and not 5.5.1? There is really no reason that I know of to stay on the older firmware given that all current exploits were written with 5.5.1 in mind.

Having said that, I haven't use the sig check patch to HBC so I'm not sure if the "goes black for 2 sec" is normal. Overall your workflow sounds right to me. For example, I go Haxchi -> sign_patcher -> Haxchi -> wupinstaller -> success! So substituting HBC for Haxchi should work.

I'm betting it's that you are on 5.3.2, but you could also try the sign_patcher 2 sys menu version and see if it works for you. Also what version of wupinstaller are you using? This is the version I use: https://github.com/Yardape8000/wupinstaller/releases/tag/y1.3

specillk111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, could it be that you are on 5.3.2 and not 5.5.1? There is really no reason that I know of to stay on the older firmware given that all current exploits were written with 5.5.1 in mind.

Having said that, I haven't use the sig check patch to HBC so I'm not sure if the "goes black for 2 sec" is normal. Overall your workflow sounds right to me. For example, I go Haxchi -> sign_patcher -> Haxchi -> wupinstaller -> success! So substituting HBC for Haxchi should work.

I'm betting it's that you are on 5.3.2, but you could also try the sign_patcher 2 sys menu version and see if it works for you. Also what version of wupinstaller are you using? This is the version I use: https://github.com/Yardape8000/wupinstaller/releases/tag/y1.3
Is the latest firmware update 5.5.1? Just update the console via Wii U(Not via game disc update)and try again? Will updating 5.5.1 null any possibility of using loadiine if I wanted to?
I am using that wupinstaller.

PetitMagique

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the latest firmware update 5.5.1? Just update the console via Wii U(Not via game disc update)and try again? Will updating 5.5.1 null any possibility of using loadiine if I wanted to?
I am using that wupinstaller.
5.5.1 is the latest. Loadiine works fine with 5.5.1. Just update via the console settings menu.

Crazystato

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have the old haxchi installed on my system booting straight into a fw.Img, no coldboothax. Would I just have to change and upload a new config.txt pointing to this for it to work?

specillk111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have updated to 5.5.1 fw, installed haxchi(much faster than going to browser hbc everytime) and have been successful in installing Eshop/VC titles :)

I have a couple questions.
1: to update to the newest version of haxchi, do I just replace the files or folders on my SD and run like installing it originally?
2: how to I use the buttons to boot haxchi into a specific mode?
3: For using DLC, I know I need to run the patcher every time I am going to use those type of games(once per system boot, as long as I dont go to settings). But where do I put the DLC so the Wii U recognizes it for games? SD card in a specific folder? and does it need to be installed or just read by the Wii U?

Thanks in advance for all of you kind folks helping me out. Very helpful community here.

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have updated to 5.5.1 fw, installed haxchi(much faster than going to browser hbc everytime) and have been successful in installing Eshop/VC titles :)

I have a couple questions.
1: to update to the newest version of haxchi, do I just replace the files or folders on my SD and run like installing it originally?
2: how to I use the buttons to boot haxchi into a specific mode?
3: For using DLC, I know I need to run the patcher every time I am going to use those type of games(once per system boot, as long as I dont go to settings). But where do I put the DLC so the Wii U recognizes it for games? SD card in a specific folder? and does it need to be installed or just read by the Wii U?

Thanks in advance for all of you kind folks helping me out. Very helpful community here.
1) the best bet is to leave the sd card files like they are (unless a new version changes those), delete the ds game and dl again
2) config.txt on the sd card, readme on the github of haxchi to understand better
3) installed to same place as the save files (usb or sysnand)

You might want to take the rest of this conversation to the haxchi hub.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the old haxchi installed on my system booting straight into a fw.Img, no coldboothax. Would I just have to change and upload a new config.txt pointing to this for it to work?
yes, edit the config.txt and reinstall or update haxchi.
You can also use WUPserver or ftpiiu everywhere to just replace the config.txt on NAND, but that's safer and faster to just re-launch the installer from HBL.

Reactions: Crazystato

LongLiveTheKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask a dumb question but is this the easiest way to use sig patches? i just want to install one game on my usb hardrive. i don't wanna lose my vwii channel or other parts of the system.

Reactions: xitalisk

xitalisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

i made a simple video just in case some people arent 100% sure and i know in my experience its easy to get lost in the wall of text

i dont show any links to or explanations of how to obtain pirated content nor will i give out any such content my only hope is to help at least 1 person understand the process better if i achieve this then my job is complete :D

even tho its nothing special here is the custom HBL banner i made

elOseSL.png

Last edited by xitalisk,
Reactions: MUDD_BR

xitalisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to ask a dumb question but is this the easiest way to use sig patches? i just want to install one game on my usb hardrive. i don't wanna lose my vwii channel or other parts of the system.

to me this is by far the easiest way to bypass signature checks especially when pared with haxchi
ive seen a lot of people saying that they had to pay for a DS game but on my eur e shop i saw that brain training was $9.10 AUD but it also said purchased my guess is this was nintendos half baked idea of giving the game away for free

i only say this because i must have looked at it 5 times before i noticed this its worth a look if you plan to install haxchi and havent done so already

:D

question so with this sig patch its safe to install out of region eshop titles to the sysnand?
im just paranoid because theres a lot of rumors of it bricking the system

Reactions: Deleted User

xitalisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's safe, and sig patches are required to install any eshop title, not just the out of the region ones.
AWESOME THANK YOU ill try it out now :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

legend just installed a usa title and it all works perfect thank you for replying and reassuring me :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu