Gaming Sim City on Wii VC! It's FUN!

Resident0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So i've been playing Sim City and it seems kinda hard, whenever i set up a nice looking town, i end up immediately paying more out in funding than i do actually getting back in the bank.

As soon as i adjust anything by 1% (taxes, funding for police/fire dept), people start moving out and complaining there is no funding etc. all while saying they want mass transport systems.

I don't understand how the transport system works, its just a train track, but where do you put it? I seems stupid to have a train that goes in a straight line between 3 blocks of residential area and going around the city is too expensive.

I would love to know how to at least set it so im gaining some money to build better things for my town.

(And no i don't want to use an infinite money cheat!
lecture.gif
)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sim City!! The Joy!!!! If i remember rightly from the snes days, I always had more joy just forgetting roads completely. Use rail all the time, in a 3x3 grid. (So say 3x residential, 2x commercial, 2x industrial and a fire or police department, you get the idea) That always worked for me, up until your population gets so high anyways. I think (and im going back now about 10 years) that i always left the tax at 7%

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what would be fun but the lame app requires activeX is EA.com's Sim City Classic 'live' that plays through a browser.

I could get lost for hours on my couch doing Sim City on that.

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what would be fun but the lame app requires activeX is EA.com's Sim City Classic 'live' that plays through a browser.

I could get lost for hours on my couch doing Sim City on that.

These older "Sim" games are always so tough. I just gave up on Sim City. I tried Sim Tower for a while but could never get a 5 star hotel!

captain^k

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm waiting for the classic controller to become available in NZ again so I can play this old favorite!

*ohh so many fond memories of time wasted*

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually sim tower and the original (and spinoff like SNES) Sim City Classic are fairly easy if someone doesn't spread out too fast. If you just grid out your task in either and do it in smart pieces you really can't fail. The 3x3 block works wonders for SC, and ST I find making the base as wide as your screen(talking PC ver here) and then doing like 3 floors up just focusing on the NON-housing works great. Housing sucks as while it pays instant, if someone leaves you lose the original deposit value ($80K) and it never earns rent. In ST if you do a bunch of fast food, offices, then move into hotels and other shops it'll rock on pretty quick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1