Signs Of Doomsday Day!!!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
<!--quoteo(post=3727032:date=Jun 20 2011, 12:53 PM:name=Pyrmon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pyrmon @ Jun 20 2011, 12:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3727032"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I refuse to say the Qur'an is wrong about saying slavery is OK because it doesn't say so. Every criticism has an answer. As a non-Muslim I was giving you the point of view of a Muslim. It had little to do with me. Even if I had agreed to something you said, to present a Muslim's point of view I had to ignore it and find what a Muslim would respond. Which wasn't very hard considering I was practically Muslim.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, let me make it easier for you then. The Qu'ran says it's alright to strike your wife if she's disobedient. Is the Qu'ran wrong for stating this? Should a husband have the right to strike his wife?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ye will not be able to deal equally between (your) wives, however much ye wish (to do so). (4:129) I don't see how it can get much clearer than that. Besides, that site doesn't give the full quote, so here it is: <b>If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans,</b> marry women of your choice, two, or three, or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or that which your right hands possess. That will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice. (3)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It could get clearer by saying "Unless these circumstances apply". lol As it stands that verse is open to a multiple amount of interpretations, as is evidenced by the sheer number of interpretations. Suggesting someone can't do something isn't the same as telling someone not to do something.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I could care less of what is preached in mainstream Islam and in the Hadith.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So you could care less what Mohammed taught? Because Mohammed most definitely did not teach that polygamy was only to be followed under those circumstances.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I agree that there were very drastic measures taken, it doesn't change the fact that they were compiled, for the eldest, over 200 years after Muhammad's death. Do you know how a word can be deformed in a chain of 30 person playing Telephone? Here the chain is big and lasts three lifetimes. Whatever measure was taken to know were a Hadith came from, it doesn't mean they are authentic or even remotely reliable. There is a very very big difference between 19 years and two centuries. When the compilation of the Qur'an started, many of those who had memorized the Qur'an during the time of the Prophet were still alive. Verses were written down on parchment and palm leaves, a little everywhere. There were partial compilations in existence. For the Hadith, there was nothing. Oral transmission doesn't work well.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's where you're wrong about the Hadiths. Yes they were compiled over 200 years later but they were not however written then. There are many many many hadiths written from prior and just after Mohammeds death. The first attempt at collecting the Hadiths was by Uthman himself during the compilation of the Qu'ran.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The absence of something better doesn't make it good. What Muslims are taught today is wrong. Muhammad was the embodiment of the ideals of the Qur'an. Following his Sunna or emulating him means to follow the Qur'an. Ah, the missing info. You see, us Muslim believe Islam and all it's teachings have existed since Adam. The five pillars were given to Abraham and, thus, existed in pre-islamic times. Salat, Zakat, Hajj, Shahada and Sawn were practices that already existed before Muhammad. To get the real form of Salat, one must simply remove the parts that don't make sense. Like including Muhammad in the Shahada. It goes against the commandment to consider all prophets equal. And the five times of prayer are mentioned in the Qur'an along with the basic positions(bowing, prostrating, etc).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And how are you so sure that what Muslims are taught today is wrong? What makes you so sure that your Islam is the right one? You're not following what Mohammed taught, you're making your own interpretation of the Qu'ran and following that. As for all prophets being equal, that's not entirely true. The Qu'ran states that Mohammed is a special prophet with privileges that no other prophet has/had.

If Mohammed is also the embodiment of the ideals of Islam then it means that the Wahabbi/Salafi are correct in their interpretation of the Qu'ran. They attempt to follow Islam as preached about by Mohammed and the companions. This means killing people who speak out against Mohammed (Qu'ran 9:24), it means sex with slaves without marriage is fine (Chapter Al-Tahrim). marrying pre-pubescent girls is fine (his marriage to Aisha), hitting a woman is acceptable (Mohammed struck Aisha for spying on him), slaughtering an entire tribe of people through beheading is fine (Bani Qurayzi) and the list goes on. Do you think it's acceptable to marry a 6 year old girl, if not then why not?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You didn't post all the verses that mention slaves, here:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I didn't. I posted the ones relevant to showing that Islam accepts slavery as a social norm.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
But those who divorce their wives by Zihar, then wish to go back on the words they uttered― (it is ordained that such a one) <b>should free a slave</b> before they touch each other: this are ye admonished to perform: and Allah is well-acquainted with (all) that ye do. (3)
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, it says to free a slave as punishment for going back on your word.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Allah will not call you to account for what is void in your oaths, but He will call you to account for your deliberate oaths: for expiation, feed then indigent persons, on a scale of the average for the food of your families; or clothe them; or <b>give a slave his freedom</b>. If that is beyond your means, fast for three days. That is the expiation for the oaths ye have sworn. But keep to your oaths. Thus doth Allah make clear to you His Signs, that ye may be grateful. (89)

Ok, so once again it's telling Muslims to free a slave as a punishment for something they've done wrong.

And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allâh enriches them of His Bounty. <b>And such of your slaves as seek a writing (of emancipation), give them such writing, if you find that there is good and honesty in them. And give them something (yourselves) out of the wealth of Allâh which He has bestowed upon you.</b> And force not your maids to prostitution, if they desire chastity, in order that you may make a gain in the (perishable) goods of this worldly life. But if anyone compels them (to prostitution), then after such compulsion, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to those women, i.e. He will forgive them because they have been forced to do this evil act unwillingly). (33)

Ok, and what happens if the master decides that there is nothing good and honest in the slave? It doesn't say that they if a slave asks for freedom it must be granted, it leaves it up to the discretion of the slave owner.

The alms are only for the poor and the needy, and those who collect them, and those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and <b>to free the slaves</b> and the debtors, and for the cause of Allah, and (for) the wayfarer; a duty imposed by Allah. Allah is Knower, Wise. (60)

Read the Tafsirs of this verse. What it's talking about here are the slaves who have entered into a contract to buy their freedom and supplying money towards it and this is in the hope of encouraging them to become Muslim. So any slave who looks like he will never embrace Islam will not be party to this "charity".

It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces to the East and the West; but righteous is he who believeth in Allah and the Last Day and the angels and the Scripture and the prophets; and giveth wealth, for love of Him, to kinsfolk and to orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and to those who ask, and <b>to set slaves free</b>; and observeth proper worship and payeth the poor-due. And those who keep their treaty when they make one, and the patient in tribulation and adversity and time of stress. Such are they who are sincere. Such are the God-fearing. (177)

Once again when you consult the teachings of Mohammed and his companions you find that what it's talking about here is manumitted slaves who are likely to become Muslim.

Now show me the verses that talk about unconditional release of all slaves and that owning a slave is immoral.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It was an example of how a Muslim could have gotten possession of them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And Mohammed also promoted the taking of female captives as war booty. This was a privlege not just for him but for anyone that fought in battle. This is how most slaves came to be in the Muslims posession at the time.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Prisoners of war are to be treated kindly and most definitely NOT used as sexual toys. No sexual contact is authorized unless a marriage has taken place. And marriage requires the consent of both parties.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Read Al-Tahrim and then tell me that no sexual contact is authorised unless a marriage has taken place. Also verse 23:6 says "Except from their wives or those their right hands possess, for indeed, they will not be blamed -"

Notice how the wives and slaves are an 'or" situation. In otherwords no marriage with the slave needs to take place for the slave owner to have sex with them. Show me the passage that states that a man must marry his slave to be able to have sex with her.

The Qu'ran also states that a slave girl should be treated like a wife. And what does the Qu'ran say about a wife refusing sex with her husband?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It just means that you can have sex with slaves and prisoners of war. But the condition for sex is and always was: marriage. Which requires the consent of both parties. So if a captive wants to marry him, it is ok.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's a very noble thought, and I congratulate you for wanting it to say that but the fact of the matter is that it doesn't.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
I am a Christian, and this is what I believe:
The "Second Coming" already happened in 1914. Jesus didn't come to the earth, he started ruling in heaven and threw Satan the devil out of heaven.
The "End of the World" foretold by many is not the destruction of the Earth, but the destruction of the current system of things.
After that, God will judge everyone past and present and decide whether they should survive or not.
The people God decides shouldn't survive just cease to exist, or hell fire or eternal punishment.
The people God decides should exist live in paradise conditions under rule by Jesus (and the 144,00, but i dont want to get that deep at 10:30), without the influence of the Devil.
After a thousand years of rulership, Satan is released and allowed to influence people for a very short time. Then he and anyone he misleads are destroyed. Rulership is handed over to God and then... Well, the sky is the limit.

This is what i believe, and I know at least one other person believes the same on this forum.
I'm not going to say what religion I am from, as I have made mistakes and I don't want my religion to be judged by those mistakes.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but the book 'prophet of doom' by Craig Winn is really informative. (And it's free online)

Here

"Prophet of Doom is the best-documented, most comprehensive, presentation of Islam's five oldest and most reliable scriptural sources. Ishaq's Biography of Muhammad, Tabari's History of Islam, and Bukhari's and Muslim's Hadith, were used to reorder the Qur'an chronologically and to set its surahs into the context of Muhammad's life."

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
I am a Christian, and this is what I believe:
The "Second Coming" already happened in 1914. Jesus didn't come to the earth, he started ruling in heaven and threw Satan the devil out of heaven.
The "End of the World" foretold by many is not the destruction of the Earth, but the destruction of the current system of things.
After that, God will judge everyone past and present and decide whether they should survive or not.
The people God decides shouldn't survive just cease to exist, or hell fire or eternal punishment.
The people God decides should exist live in paradise conditions under rule by Jesus (and the 144,00, but i dont want to get that deep at 10:30), without the influence of the Devil.
After a thousand years of rulership, Satan is released and allowed to influence people for a very short time. Then he and anyone he misleads are destroyed. Rulership is handed over to God and then... Well, the sky is the limit.

This is what i believe, and I know at least one other person believes the same on this forum.
I'm not going to say what religion I am from, as I have made mistakes and I don't want my religion to be judged by those mistakes.
You Jehovah's Witness's must have very creative bible to back all that up.

bsfmtl123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry TrolleyDave I cannot reply to your criticisms right now because I am busy in something but I will surely reply u by the next week.............hope u understand........greetings.
smile.gif

bsfmtl123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
<b>First Half</b>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I know Islam didn't invent polygamy. Using that line of defence is no different than saying "Well Islam might say this but look at what Christianity says". I really couldn't care less. Does Christianity still allow polygamy?

You're also repeating yourself. I've already agreed to everything you're saying. It has absolutely nothing to do with the point I'm making. The point I'm making is that this rule shows inequality towards women. The statistics have changed now. In many countries men outnumber women. If men are allowed to marry multiple wives in those circumstances then really shouldn't it be fair that women can have multiple husbands in the same circumstances? No provision was put in for this because the Qu'ran erringly believed that women would always outnumber men.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is what context is about,Allah had allowed polygamy at a time when women outnumbered men so we should practice it under same circumstances.

I know polygamy is still practiced by some Muslims but those Muslims are ignorant and i think they fail to understand their Religion as well.These Muslims who do not fully understand their Religion call for Jihad which is self-struggle not human killing or any form of terrorism.
NOTE:Polygamy is not for sexual pleasure and fulfillment but is to support widows and helpless women.
As far as polyandry is concerned it is not allowed Islam(I have given some reasons to it).

When the verse was revealed the companions of Muhammad, peace be upon him, did not run out with the attitude that they were going to get four wives all of a sudden. Some of them already had much more than that and these men had to divorce their wives, if they had more than four. So this was not an order to go out and get four wives. It was an order to begin limitations. And the first limitation was; No more than four.

Second, the limitation of equal treatment for all of them. How could a man keep more than one wife unless he was exceedingly wealthy and/or exceedingly strong and virile?

Next, the limitation very clearly states; ".. but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them) then only one ..."

Step by step, the men of Islam have come to be known today as the most monogamous of all men on earth (we only have one wife). Check for yourself and see. In the majority of all the Muslim homes on earth, a man gets married once, to one woman and then he stays married to her until the death of either himself or his wife.
Source: <a href="http://www.islamtomorrow.com/articles/marry_4_women_too.htm" target="_blank">http://www.islamtomorrow.com/articles/marry_4_women_too.htm</a>

According to Zakir Naik(It has some reasoning and facts):
The following points enumerate the reasons why polyandry is prohibited in Islam:

1. If a man has more than one wife, the parents of the children born of such marriages can easily be identified. The father as well as the mother can easily be identified. In case of a woman marrying more than one husband, only the mother of the children born of such marriages will be identified and not the father. Islam gives tremendous importance to the identification of both parents, mother and father. Psychologists tell us that children who do not know their parents, especially their father undergo severe mental trauma and disturbances. Often they have an unhappy childhood. It is for this reason that the children of prostitutes do not have a healthy childhood. If a child born of such wedlock is admitted in school, and when the mother is asked the name of the father, she would have to give two or more names! I am aware that recent advances in science have made it possible for both the mother and father to be identified with the help of genetic testing. Thus this point which was applicable for the past may not be applicable for the present.
2. Man is more polygamous by nature as compared to a woman.
3. Biologically, it is easier for a man to perform his duties as a husband despite having several wives. A woman, in a similar position, having several husbands, will not find it possible to perform her duties as a wife. A woman undergoes several psychological and behavioral changes due to different phases of the menstrual cycle.
4. A woman who has more than one husband will have several sexual partners at the same time and has a high chance of acquiring venereal or sexually transmitted diseases which can also be transmitted back to her husband even if all of them have no extra-marital sex. This is not the case in a man having more than one wife, and none of them having extra-marital sex.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No a Prophet cannot change any rule according to his will.This is what you believe about Muhammad(S.A.W) but the Quran itself states,
"Nor does he say anything of his own desire.It is no less than an inspiration sent down to him."(Surah An-Najm)

In your rush to defend Mohammed you've completely overlooked the point. The point I'm making is that there has to be a prophet to speak for God. Wihtout a prophet to speak for God then God can not change any of the rules/laws. God doesn't speak directly to people (not since the Old Testament), even Mohammed wasn't spoken to directly by God.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes,Not directly to Allah but through Angel Gabriel he received revelations.There is no need of changing these rules Allah has clearly stated that Quran is the complete guidance and the Book to mankind till eternity.

Allah actually did talk directly to Muhammad(S.A.W):
Shab-i-Miraj means the night of Ascent. It is the blessed night when the Holy Prophet of Islam was spiritually transported to heaven and he reached a high stage of nearness to God Almighty which is beyond ordinary human comprehension. The Ascent took place on 27th day or Rajab, 2 years before Hijra. The journey was not with a physical body but was a vision of the highest type. On the way the Holy Prophet, peace be upon him, met Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and some other Prophets. The purpose of the Ascent was to confirm the high status of the Prophet of Islam, a position which all Muslims believe, is impossible to attain by any other human being. It is related that even Gabriel, the Angel who was accompanying the Holy Prophet remarked at one stage, 'I am forced to stop here. I cannot go any further, but you O Messenger of peace and friend of the Master of the worlds, continue your glorious ascent.'

It is also related that the Holy Prophet continued his journey until he reached very close to the Throne of God Almighty and attained the utmost nearness to Him. After having drunk fully at the Divine fountain of spiritual knowledge he came down to impart the knowledge to mankind.

It was on this journey, that five daily prayers were made obligatory upon Muslims.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've already seen those videos. The only people they'll convince are people who are already believers. They're not for convincing, they're for reassuring.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Which videos?....I only posted one single video

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are you following Mohammed according to the teachings of the companions? Or according to the writings of Ibn Kathr or Al-Jalalayn? Or are you following modern interpretations of Islam like Pyrmon? Remember to follow true Islam you need to follow what Mohammed taught, and to know what Mohammed taught you have to get closer to his time - not further away.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There is nothing bad in following his Companions................to get guidance we should follow them.Never heard of Ibn Kathr or Al-Jalalayn?I know that to understand his teachings i need to get closer to his time.....to have a better picture.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I never used to keep records of these things (I have started doing it only recently) and can't find the Hadith I'm particularly thinking of, however I did find these showing Mohammed baring his stomach/abdomen and his thigh.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This happened during the digging of a trench....when Muhammad(S.A.W) along with his companions dug a trench on the Syrian route to protect Madinah.Do you know how hot and dry it is in an area mostly arid or desert.There is also a tradition or something i don't clearly remember,people used to put stones on their abdominal part to lessen the severity of thirst,hunger and weakness.

Firstly:It happened during some constructional work or digging.
Secondly:This has nothing to do with men being allowed to roam with naked stomachs yet they can bare their stomachs during any heavy physical work.
Thirdly:Notice that his stomach was covered with earth meaning dust and was not clearly visible

Instead of noticing this you should have taken in to account his simplicity,hard work and commitment to work.Even being hailed as a Prophet and the Head of the State he accompanied his companions in digging of the trench.

Sahih Bukhari 1:8:367 - "Narrated 'Abdul 'Aziz: Anas said, 'When Allah's Apostle invaded Khaibar, we offered the Fajr prayer there yearly in the morning) when it was still dark. The Prophet rode and Abu Talha rode too and I was riding behind Abu Talha. The Prophet passed through the lane of Khaibar quickly and my knee was touching the thigh of the Prophet . He uncovered his thigh and I saw the whiteness of the thigh of the Prophet. When he entered the town, he said, 'Allahu Akbar! Khaibar is ruined. Whenever we approach near a (hostile) nation (to fight) then evil will be the morning of those who have been warned.' He repeated this thrice. The people came out for their jobs and some of them said, 'Muhammad (has come).' (Some of our companions added, "With his army.") We conquered Khaibar, took the captives, and the booty was collected. Dihya came and said, 'O Allah's Prophet! Give me a slave girl from the captives.' The Prophet said, 'Go and take any slave girl.' He took Safiya bint Huyai. A man came to the Prophet and said, 'O Allah's Apostles! You gave Safiya bint Huyai to Dihya and she is the chief mistress of the tribes of Quraiza and An-Nadir and she befits none but you.' So the Prophet said, 'Bring him along with her.' So Dihya came with her and when the Prophet saw her, he said to Dihya, 'Take any slave girl other than her from the captives.' Anas added: The Prophet then manumitted her and married her." Thabit asked Anas, "O Abu Hamza! What did the Prophet pay her (as Mahr)?" He said, "Her self was her Mahr for he manumitted her and then married her." Anas added, "While on the way, Um Sulaim dressed her for marriage (ceremony) and at night she sent her as a bride to the Prophet . So the Prophet was a bridegroom and he said, 'Whoever has anything (food) should bring it.' He spread out a leather sheet (for the food) and some brought dates and others cooking butter. (I think he (Anas) mentioned As-SawTq). So they prepared a dish of Hais (a kind of meal). And that was Walrma (the marriage banquet) of Allah's Apostle .""

What should i do with this Hadith............there is nothing wrong with it.
He just uncovered his thigh!

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, here is a website talking about the Islamic dress code for men and women. According to the Shari'a a men need only cover navel/waist to knee. So there's no problem with men showing the abdomen according to it.

<a href="http://www.albalagh.net/food_for_thought/dress.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.albalagh.net/food_for_thought/dress.shtml</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Under normal conditions men don't have breasts like women.........I know there are some women who have smaller breasts then men but that is just a minority.A man gets attracted to women breasts but not women get attracted to men breasts.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes I know you follow Allah. Allah is the Arabic word for God (although if you dig further into the history of the word you'll see it differently). This is the same god that the Christians and the Jews follow (also known as Yahweh). This particular god was first taught about by Abraham. Therefore it is the Abrahamic god. It's not a Hindu god, a Greek god, an Indian god, a Native American god, a Maori god, a Chinese god, a Japanese god etc. etc.

You might believe that you follow the one and only god, however so do all the other people following their religion. They believe you follow the wrong god just like you believe they follow the wrong god(s). This is also a very good indication that god(s) are man-made. Every ancient culture had their own particular god(s). This is because they saw things in their own particular way according the world around them. Think of it as humans first attempt at science and philosophy. There were other gods long before there was Allah/God/Yahweh. The first known recorded religion was the Sumerian religion, one which the Abrahamic faith borrows from quite extensively. In fact the whole idea in Islam of humans being slaves to their creator comes from the Sumerian religion. The flood myth also comes from the Sumerian religion, although it does have differences. The Sumerians also talk about their god having created the universe, as do the Chinese (Pangu/Jade Emperor), Greeks (Gaia), Hawaiian (Kumulipo) and many more.

Some of them also talk about how the heavens and the Earth were one and then broken apart, long before Islam and the other Judaic faiths came about. Islamic scholars and Muslims have been saying that about the Big Bang being in the Qu'ran long before science talked about it. Well that very same idea was in other religions before Islam. Just as most of the stuff in Islam was already previously talked about by other religions, scholars and just smart people in general.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is where you get Islam wrong.......Quran states that Islam existed the day the first human being was sent to earth that is why you find other Religions similar to it but those Religions were corrupted and people found their own ones.
Hazrat Isa(Jesus)(P.b.u.h) performed many miracles which have been witnessed by many people.How can a human perform these miracles?
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Jesus" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Jesus</a>

How Humans came into existence was there a sperm and an ovum or something like that.
What does Science say about this?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Prophet Muhammad was an illiterate man who had no formal education in any science, language, religious or secular.

When it speaks about "unlettered man" in the Qu'ran it doesn't necessarily mean that Mohammed was illiterate, it could just be referring to him having no formal education. I've had little formal education, I never finished school. It however hasn't stopped me learning lots of information since. You don't have to go to a school to learn things. Mohammed was a trader who regularly went on trading expeditions while married to his first wife. There was ample opportunity for him to pick up any information.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Muhammad(S.A.W) had received no formal education.

This is something you assume about Muhammad(S.A.W) that he went on trade journeys and learned about other Religions and created Islam.You just totally ignored the titles he received,Al-Sadiq and Al-Amin,for his truthfulness and trustworthiness.Why would a person lie after being so truthful whole his life.

Quran speaks about a variety of branches of science like: Astronomy, Embryology, Hydrology, Geology, Sociology, Psychology, Oceanography, Law etc. including lots of scientific statements that were validated only recently and were not known in the time of the prophet.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->All of the stuff that you mentioned was known during the time of Mohammed, most of it long before. Even alot of the laws in the Shari'a. There is very little in the Qu'ran that is original. Study something other than Islam (and information from Islamic scholars) and you'll see this. If you care to post what you think wasn't known or thought of at the time of Mohammed I can show you the evidence that disproves it, including where he got things wrong.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If it was known long before Quran came then why were the people amused at these verses.There was not just a single trader at that time.....there were plenty of them.They would have known that Muhammad(S.A.W) is just making up a Religion.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It was not known about prophet Muhammad any scholarly tendencies or achievements until the age of forty (when he received the first verses of Quran). So, how this illiterate man suddenly brings about a book like the Quran including an ideological and religious revolution that changed history?

He didn't suddenly bring about the Qu'ran tho did he. The Qu'ran wasn't revealed all in one go, it was revealed over the space of 22 years. So Mohammed had plenty of time to speak to others and learn from them. He had amongst his followers doctors, scientists and scholars so there was no problem with learning information from them.

As for how he could write the religious text. He learned Christianity from his Aunt I believe it was, other relatives followed an offshoot of the Abrahamic faith (one that Islam borrows alot from including some of the Shari'a punsihments) and there was also a large Jewish community.

Ideological ideas? That's pretty simple as well. Most of the government ideology came later on in the Qu'ran, when he actually had enough followers to start being considered a power. Alot of the ideas he had actually come from Jewish ideas (social security, zakat, no interest etc), some came from the ideas of people like Plato and many other sources.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It wasn't even possible for anyone to just bring Quran in one day.During his Prophethood in Mecca he mostly had poor people as his followers as far as i know there weren't any doctors, scientists and scholars during his early Prophethood.
It was obvious that the government ideology was laid when it was needed as such in Madinah when he was crowned as the Head of the State.
It weren't his ideas...these were the revelations sent down to him which had been sent to previous Messengers as well but their message had been distorted that is why you find similarities in other Religions.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why prophet Muhammad (peace be on him), if he authored the Quran, honor the virgin Mary (May Allah be pleased with her), the mother of Jesus (peace be on him) as the best woman over all women on earth over all ages until day of judgment (an honor that even not offered by the bible) while not mentioning his own family members with a single word and even not mentioning any name of them.?

If he'd have said he wrote he would have been no different than anyone else at the time. He also would have not have been paid attention to by many because of his uneducated status.

Then you also have the fact that he was hoping to get the local Jews and Christians to follow him. If he'd have claimed that he wrote the Qu'ran rather than the Abrahamic god then none of them would have listened to him, let alone follow him. Plus, if the book comes from God then questioning it is blasphemous and could send you to hell (this is even stated in the Qu'ran itself - doubt will send you to hell).

There are many many many many reasons why he said it was from the Abrahamic god rather than himself.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think he could have easily claimed himself god and get enough followers.Teachings matter more than status.Poor people could have easily believed him as he talked of Equality and Rights.His personality was more than enough to cover uneducated status.

Quran taught that Jesus was not more than a Prophet and there were many Prophets before him,which contradicted with the Christians Belief of god.This shows that he wasn't even eager to attract followers to Islam moreover this shows he didn't even create this Religion.

There are many people in History who claimed themselves to be god even if they didn't had power and wealth but they still got a considerable number of believers:
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_been_considered_deities" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_peopl...sidered_deities</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If he had authored the Quran, why he didn't claim this authorship of Quran and consequently gaining higher prestige among his followers who may consider him as a God.

What higher prestige is their than being a prophet of the Abrahamic god? None of his followers would have considered him a god, he would have been thought of as a clever man similar to Plato or Socrates. Plus being a prophet of God gave him more power and authority. People are likely to question a mans authority and decision but not so quick to question a gods authority and decision. Are you willing to question any of the things in the Qu'ran? No ask yourself, if Mohammed claimed authorship of the Qu'ran would you be willing to question any of the things in it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We don't question God right, then if Muhammad(S.A.W) claimed himself god then why would any one question him.Quran did not come directly from Allah but Muhammad(S.A.W) revealed it to us and no one questioned him because everyone even one of his bitterest enemies Abu Jahl knew that he was the real Messenger.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why he mentioned Quran verses that reprimand him (as that of chapter 33, verse 37 and chapter 80 verses 1-3) if he wrote Quran by himself?.

Source:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_Quran_the_true_word_of_God

What about the verses that give him special permissions? And what about the verses that told off his wives (including telling them that God would make Mohammed divorce his wives and give them better ones)? There were plenty of times that God was quick to bestow favours upon him.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He was Allah's Messenger so even if Allah did favor him then what is wrong with it.His Caliber and Status was far above ours.
Even if the verses weren't favoring him u would make it look like that they were!!!

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->including telling them that God would make Mohammed divorce his wives and give them better ones<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Please post this verse and do remember to take context into account.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There treatment is the same as treatment of Non-Muslims(who aren't slaves).

Are non-Muslim slaves allowed to marry?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Even Muslim slaves were not allowed to marry until they were released as far as I know....so maybe the same will go to them as well.
Sorry but I don't remember any verse for this in particular.....if u know do let me know.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Slavery is unjust, immoral and inhumane according to it's general statement or meaning or that practiced by Non-Muslims but it's not the same taking in consideration the description laid by Islam.

You previously said that slaves were like video games and pets but this was not the way they were treated...............to find out this you need to re-read Islamic

Again, you're missing the point entirely. I have said over and over that treatment means nothing. The idea of a human being owned by another human being is immoral, unjust and inhumane. Not the actual treatment but the actual ownership. You keep presenting them like they are just staff or workers, however staff and workers have the choice to quit there jobs - slaves do not. Mohammed even stated in the Hadith that a runaway slave will go to hell.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Slavery is inhumane,immoral and unjust according to It's general statement but in Islam there is no foundation or definition which implies this meaning.They are considered Equal and part of the Society.It seems that you only have problem with Slavery itself but not the Slavery in Islam but u don't have to worry about it now as slavery is no longer practiced.

Muhammad(S.A.W) also stated in an Hadith that if a slave demands freedom he should be freed

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->From the Tafsir of al-Jalalayn :

Men are in charge of, they have authority over, women, disciplining them and keeping them in check, because of that with which God has preferred the one over the other, that is, because God has given them the advantage over women, in knowledge, reason, authority and otherwise, and because of what they expend, on them [the women], of their property. Therefore righteous women, among them, are obedient, to their husbands, guarding in the unseen, that is, [guarding] their private parts and otherwise during their spouses’ absence, because of what God has guarded, for them, when He enjoined their male spouses to look after them well. And those you fear may be rebellious, disobedient to you, when such signs appear, admonish them, make them fear God, and share not beds with them, retire to other beds if they manifest such disobedience, and strike them, but not violently, if they refuse to desist [from their rebellion] after leaving them [in separate beds]. If they then obey you, in what is desired from them, do not seek a way against them, a reason to strike them unjustly. God is ever High, Great, so beware of Him, lest He punish you for treating them unjustly.

It clearly states that husbands are allowed to strike their wives for disobedience.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What is Tafsir of al-Jalalayn?
Well this note seems unjust......is it written by an extremist?
It has been written as if Men are the Masters and Women are there slaves.I don't think it holds any weight age in some points.
It also contradicts with the Quran.

bsfmtl123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
<b>Second Half</b>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The very first verses that you quoted about questioning the Prophet(S.A.W) have again been twisted out of context.The Prophet(S.A.W) had always consulted his companions in all matters(such as battle of Trench and Uhud).He always took the views of other people into consideration.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They weren't taken out of context at all. He may have consulted his compnaions in all matters, but ultimately they had to obey and follow him.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes and was there any decision with which his followers suffered..........and consultation is not a small thing for a leader to do and listen to the majority.Let me ask you does President Obama consult people and listen to the majority?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is again a self opinion about Muhammad and the verse.Were u inside Muhammad(S.A.W) or could read his heart and feelings to tell that he was annoyed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't need to read his heart and feelings. The verse states what it does. Do not annoy the prophet. If he was the perfect man and the role model for all time being annoyed by questions shouldn't have been part of his personality.

Let me give you another chapter to go look at objectively. Do you know the reasons behind the chapter Al-Tahrim?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You just quoted verses and gave your view or interpretation of the verse.You didn't even quote one question that was left unanswered.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What does that even have to do with it? The fact of the matter is the verse says not to ask complicated questions. Would you ask Mohammed difficult questions after the revealing of this verse or would you obey God?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If a person really had doubts about Islam then why would he convert.Yes it was not possible for Muhammad(S.A.W)
to answer each and every question.....that is why Quran was revealed to answer all the queries people had.As time passed on people got the answers to their questions because it was not possible for Muhammad(S.A.W) to answer them at that time.

Yes tell what are the reasons behind Surah Al-Tahrim(Prohibition)?

Allah did not allow people to ask complicated questions because Muhammad(S.A.W) himself wasn't aware of these because the verses were slowly revealing to him and he passed them on.He obviously wasn't born with all the knowledge.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is again a twist of words.Quran clearly states that they were the Mothers of the Faithful.All his wives were a complete guidance for women to follow.They were the women of great knowledge and dignity.Even the Prophet's companions consulted them and learned from them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not a twist of words at all. Why would marrying someone else, some like say Abu Bakr, stop them from being the mothers of the faithful? Why would them getting remarried affect anything at all as long as they married good men?

Would you marry your mother?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If Muhammad(S.A.W)'s wives knew his secrets then why would they remain Muslims.They would have told everyone after his death that he wasn't a true Messenger.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Because it gave them power and privilege. Why would a Queen give up her kingdom?

And why would a Queen keep a throne of falsehood and no real treasure even by spending her life according to it.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's not that Allah needs booty.It means to spend the booty in His way(ex:helping poor,widows and orphans).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why not just use the words "For Allah", why "For Allah and his Messenger"?

In many places it has been stated that "For Allah" means to spend in His way.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->For not misbehaving but committing a sin because they were the Mothers of the Faithful.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Misbehaving and sin are the same thing to me. Why should they get punished double though? If they committed a sin and then repented it would be much more valuable as a role than someone who didn't commit sin because they were fearful of being flogged to death.

They were the ones to set an example for future Muslim generations......if they had committed sins wouldn't you question the validity of Islam.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If he gets caught up,then the people there were fool enough to again believe in him after this verse.....Can you please quote the verse about which the Quran is talking about.

I'll go one better. I'll present you with the Tafsir of Al-Wahidi explaining why the verse was revealed.

(And when We put a revelation in place of (another) revelation…) [16:101-102]. This verse was revealed when the idolaters said: “Muhammad is mocking his Companions; one day he commands them to do something and the next day he forbids them from doing it, or brings instead something which is easier. He is nothing but a calumniator who says things of his own invention”, and so Allah, exalted is He, revealed this verse and the verse after it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well I think it no more than another assumption........I know the idolaters would have been talking about the change of Qiblah and some other things like this.

Tell me the things in particular which he made easier or changed....I'll try to make u understand why it happened.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->*snipped out video of Zakir Naik<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Once again Zakir Naik doing what he does best, avoiding the issue by talking lots of nonsense about everything other than the subject. Here's an experiment for you to try. Go outside during the sunset and tell me what you see. You'll see the sun setting in the horizon, a horizon that is so distant you can not make out the details. So unless the guy the verse is talking about had telescopic vision then the Sun could not look like it was setting in a muddy pool.

Why can't you just accept the reality and stop insulting others.....i know why do you think he is speaking all nonsense because it goes all against your beliefs.

Here i have something not said by Zakir Naik(I hope it fulfills you criticisms):

The verse says, "he found it set in a spring of murky water" i.e., according to his vision and sight that's why Allah does not say "it is setting".
Imam Al-Baidawi notes,
He probably reached shore of the ocean and saw it like that because there was but water at the furthest of his sight that's why He says "he found it set" and does not say "it sets". (Al-Baidawi, Anwar-ut-Tanzil wa Asrar-ut-Taw'il, Volume 3, page 394. Published by Dar-ul-Ashraf, Cairo, Egypt)

Imam Al-Qurtubi states,

Al-Qaffal said: It is not meant by reaching the rising or setting of the sun that he reached its body and touched it because it runs in the sky around the earth without touching it and it is too great to enter any spring on earth. It is so much larger than earth. But it is meant that he reached the end of populated land east and west, so he found it - according to his vision - setting in a spring of a murky water like we watch it in smooth land as if it enters inside the land. That is why He said, "he found it rising on a people for whom we had provided no covering protection against the sun." (Holy Qur'ân 18:90) and did not mean that it touches or adheres to them; but they are the first to rise on.
Al-Qutabiy said: Probably this spring is a part of the sea and the sun sets behind, with or at it, so the proposition takes the place of an adjective and Allah knows best. (Al-Qurtubi, Al-Game' le Ahkam-el-Qur'an, Volume 16, page 47. Published by Dar-ul-Hadith, Cairo, Egypt. ISBN 977-5227-44-5)
Imam Fakhr-ud-Deen Ar-Razi states,

When Zul-Qarnain reached the furthest west and no populated land was left, he found the sun as if it sets in a dark spring, but it is not in reality. The same when sea traveler sees the sun as if it sets in the sea if he cannot see the shore while in reality it sets behind the sea. (Ar-Razi, At-Tafsir-ul-Kabir, Volume 21, page 166)

Imam Ibn Kathir states,

"Until, when he reached the setting of the sun" means he followed a certain way till he reached the furthest land he could go from the west. As for reaching the setting of the sun in the sky, it is impossible. What narrators and story tellers say about that he walked for a period of time in earth while the sun was setting behind him is unreal, and most of it is from myths of People of the Book and inventions of their liars.
"he found it set in a spring of murky water" means he saw the sun according to his vision setting in the ocean and this is the same with everyone ending to the shore seeing as if the sun sets inside it (i.e. the ocean).
(Ibn Kathir, Tafsir-ul-Qur'ân Al-'Azim, Volume 5, page 120. Published by Maktabat-ul-Iman, Mansoura,Egypt)
I believe this is adequate to refute the missionaries' imposed interpretation. And to Allah is the Judgement in all affairs.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
<!--quoteo(post=3728770:date=Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM:name=TrolleyDave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3728770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ok, let me make it easier for you then. The Qu'ran says it's alright to strike your wife if she's disobedient. Is the Qu'ran wrong for stating this? Should a husband have the right to strike his wife?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
As to those women on whose part you see ill¬conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful), but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allâh is Ever Most High, Most Great.
The word "beat" is the Arabic "idribuhunna", derived from the root "daraba". "Daraba" can have many different meanings, but I will only talk about the three most used. 1) Giving an example, 2) beat, 3) leave. The first meaning, giving an example, makes no sense. So the verse either says to leave her or beat her. Couple that fact with all the verses that says that mercy and forgiveness is always the better option, that one cannot treat his spouse with harshness and that the relationship should be based on love and tranquility. I'll assume it means to leave her. Now, I know very well you'll tell me that that is not what mainstream Islam preaches or that Muhammad did this or that or something like that. Just know I don't care.

<!--quoteo(post=3728770:date=Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM:name=TrolleyDave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3728770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It could get clearer by saying "Unless these circumstances apply". lol As it stands that verse is open to a multiple amount of interpretations, as is evidenced by the sheer number of interpretations. Suggesting someone can't do something isn't the same as telling someone not to do something.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Not really. It says <b>If</b> you fear of being unjust with orphans, then marry up to four times, but you have to be perfectly just and equitable. Then it says you cannot be just however you try. I simply don't see other interpretations.

<!--quoteo(post=3728770:date=Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM:name=TrolleyDave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3728770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So you could care less what Mohammed taught? Because Mohammed most definitely did not teach that polygamy was only to be followed under those circumstances.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No, I could care less about things Muhammad supposedly taught. They are in no way reliable.

<!--quoteo(post=3728770:date=Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM:name=TrolleyDave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3728770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's where you're wrong about the Hadiths. Yes they were compiled over 200 years later but they were not however written then. There are many many many hadiths written from prior and just after Mohammeds death. The first attempt at collecting the Hadiths was by Uthman himself during the compilation of the Qu'ran.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ahem:

Traditions of the life of Muhammad and the early history of Islam were passed down mostly orally for more than a hundred years after Muhammad's death in AD 632. Muslim historians say that Caliph Uthman ibn Affan (the third khalifa (caliph) of the Rashidun Empire, or successor of Muhammad, who had formerly been Muhammad's secretary), was the first to urge Muslims to record the hadith. Uthman's labours were cut short by his assassination, at the hands of aggrieved soldiers, in 656. <b>No sources survive directly from this period so we are dependent on what later writers tell us about this period.</b>

Directly from Wikipedia.

<!--quoteo(post=3728770:date=Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM:name=TrolleyDave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3728770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And how are you so sure that what Muslims are taught today is wrong? What makes you so sure that your Islam is the right one? You're not following what Mohammed taught, you're making your own interpretation of the Qu'ran and following that. As for all prophets being equal, that's not entirely true. The Qu'ran states that Mohammed is a special prophet with privileges that no other prophet has/had.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Simple, the Qur'an and, ironically, some Hadith say not to follow the Hadith. Few interpretation was needed to build my point of view. It's pretty clear.
Oh yeah? Where in the Qur'an does it say Muhammad is in any way superior to other prophets? All I see are the parts where it says not to compare prophets with one another.

<!--quoteo(post=3728770:date=Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM:name=TrolleyDave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3728770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If Mohammed is also the embodiment of the ideals of Islam then it means that the Wahabbi/Salafi are correct in their interpretation of the Qu'ran. They attempt to follow Islam as preached about by Mohammed and the companions. This means killing people who speak out against Mohammed (Qu'ran 9:24), it means sex with slaves without marriage is fine (Chapter Al-Tahrim). marrying pre-pubescent girls is fine (his marriage to Aisha), hitting a woman is acceptable (Mohammed struck Aisha for spying on him), slaughtering an entire tribe of people through beheading is fine (Bani Qurayzi) and the list goes on. Do you think it's acceptable to marry a 6 year old girl, if not then why not?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yes, it means to try to emulate Muhammad, through his Sunnah. But his Sunnah is the Qur'an. By representing the ideals of the Qur'an, his Sunnah is the one the Qur'an describes. And the Hadith are also banned several times in the Qur'an, so Muslims can't do any of the things you described. And 9:24 has nothing to do with Muhammad.

<!--quoteo(post=3728770:date=Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM:name=TrolleyDave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3728770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I didn't. I posted the ones relevant to showing that Islam accepts slavery as a social norm.

But those who divorce their wives by Zihar, then wish to go back on the words they uttered― (it is ordained that such a one) <b>should free a slave</b> before they touch each other: this are ye admonished to perform: and Allah is well-acquainted with (all) that ye do. (3)

Ok, it says to free a slave as punishment for going back on your word.

Allah will not call you to account for what is void in your oaths, but He will call you to account for your deliberate oaths: for expiation, feed then indigent persons, on a scale of the average for the food of your families; or clothe them; or <b>give a slave his freedom</b>. If that is beyond your means, fast for three days. That is the expiation for the oaths ye have sworn. But keep to your oaths. Thus doth Allah make clear to you His Signs, that ye may be grateful. (89)

Ok, so once again it's telling Muslims to free a slave as a punishment for something they've done wrong.

And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allâh enriches them of His Bounty. <b>And such of your slaves as seek a writing (of emancipation), give them such writing, if you find that there is good and honesty in them. And give them something (yourselves) out of the wealth of Allâh which He has bestowed upon you.</b> And force not your maids to prostitution, if they desire chastity, in order that you may make a gain in the (perishable) goods of this worldly life. But if anyone compels them (to prostitution), then after such compulsion, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to those women, i.e. He will forgive them because they have been forced to do this evil act unwillingly). (33)

Ok, and what happens if the master decides that there is nothing good and honest in the slave? It doesn't say that they if a slave asks for freedom it must be granted, it leaves it up to the discretion of the slave owner.

The alms are only for the poor and the needy, and those who collect them, and those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and <b>to free the slaves</b> and the debtors, and for the cause of Allah, and (for) the wayfarer; a duty imposed by Allah. Allah is Knower, Wise. (60)

Read the Tafsirs of this verse. What it's talking about here are the slaves who have entered into a contract to buy their freedom and supplying money towards it and this is in the hope of encouraging them to become Muslim. So any slave who looks like he will never embrace Islam will not be party to this "charity".

It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces to the East and the West; but righteous is he who believeth in Allah and the Last Day and the angels and the Scripture and the prophets; and giveth wealth, for love of Him, to kinsfolk and to orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and to those who ask, and <b>to set slaves free</b>; and observeth proper worship and payeth the poor-due. And those who keep their treaty when they make one, and the patient in tribulation and adversity and time of stress. Such are they who are sincere. Such are the God-fearing. (177)

Once again when you consult the teachings of Mohammed and his companions you find that what it's talking about here is manumitted slaves who are likely to become Muslim.

Now show me the verses that talk about unconditional release of all slaves and that owning a slave is immoral.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
First, you are still going about with the Hadith. However much you use them in this debate(with me, at least), know I'll simply dismiss it.
Second, slavery was an accepted institution in the Arabian peninsula and had been for centuries. You can't get rid of such a big institution in a couple of years. It had to be done progressively. You know, baby steps. Little by little slavery would eventually disappear. It simply wouldn't have worked to release all the slaves all at the same time. Trying to convince an Arab of this would have been impossible. Look at some old geezers who still have the racist mentality of the olden days. These things take time.

<!--quoteo(post=3728770:date=Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM:name=TrolleyDave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3728770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And Mohammed also promoted the taking of female captives as war booty. This was a privlege not just for him but for anyone that fought in battle. This is how most slaves came to be in the Muslims posession at the time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You base this on the Hadith. The Qur'an says to either free captives or ransom them. I only follow the Qur'an.

<!--quoteo(post=3728770:date=Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM:name=TrolleyDave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3728770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Read Al-Tahrim and then tell me that no sexual contact is authorised unless a marriage has taken place. Also verse 23:6 says "Except from their wives or those their right hands possess, for indeed, they will not be blamed -"

Notice how the wives and slaves are an 'or" situation. In otherwords no marriage with the slave needs to take place for the slave owner to have sex with them. Show me the passage that states that a man must marry his slave to be able to have sex with her.

The Qu'ran also states that a slave girl should be treated like a wife. And what does the Qu'ran say about a wife refusing sex with her husband?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
First, 4:25 clearly states that it is lawful to marry ma malakat aymanukum. If it's lawful to marry them, then marriage is necessary for sexual intercourse.
Second, this is assuming Ma malakat aymanukum means slave. Thing is, it can mean one who you are engaged with, it can mean a marriage that was done before Muhammad and doesn't respect the regulations set by the Qur'an(which obviously don't exist anymore). By taking 4:25 into account, it makes more sense to assume Ma malakat aymanukum does not mean slave.

<!--quoteo(post=3728770:date=Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM:name=TrolleyDave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ Jun 21 2011, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3728770"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's a very noble thought, and I congratulate you for wanting it to say that but the fact of the matter is that it doesn't.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Or does it?

bsfmtl123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
<b>Third Half</b>

There are no Scientific Errors in Quran(The Validity of Embryology):
<a href="http://www.answering-christianity.com/nadeem_embryology.htm" target="_blank">http://www.answering-christianity.com/nadeem_embryology.htm</a>

Actually I know very less about Embryology but still I have tried to search and find a better rebuttal to your criticism.
All criticisms have been answered in the above link.

U had stated that Islam borrows almost every thing from other Religions and Greek Philosophers.........no one at that time could understand Ancient Greek philosophy,also written Arabic was not common.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->1) The Abrahamic god isn't the only god to have claimed to have created the universe.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't need to know this as I don't care or even bother about other gods.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2) Islam (or even Judaism) wasn't the first religion to claim that a god had created a "canopy" above us to protect us.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then which Religion was it and also provide evidence for the validity of your claim.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->3) The roots of mountains don't actually pin down the crusts of the Earth. Plus, other Greek philosophers proposed the idea that mountains had roots centuries before Islam.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When did they propose and was it exactly the same?

Mountains having routes doesn't mean that the roots are identical to the roots plants have.
Mountains do have roots and it was discovered late after the Quran was revealed and the mountains also stabilize the earth:
<a href="http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/gsl/pid/6565;jsessionid=8D8939F978E21CF0FD60668C9667C1E3" target="_blank">http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/gsl/pid/6565;jse...D60668C9667C1E3</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->4) Other religions also stated a similar theory to the creation of the universe in Islam that could be interpreted to be talking about the Big Bang.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Those Religions have a similar theory but not exactly the same as Islam......please also name those Religions.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And none of it corrects the problem that I pointed out about the Sun being on the orbital trajectory as the Moon.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Here:
Astronomers found that the moon’s movement is 18 kilometers per second, while the Earth’s is 15 kilometers and the sun’s is 12 kilometers .
The sun, earth & moon all move & the distance between them is stable and regularized.
This was explained in the Holy Quran fourteen centuries ago.
The Holy Quran says “And the sun Runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him) the exalted in Might, the All Knowing. And the moon we have measured for her Mansions (to traverse) Till she returns like the old (and withered) lower part of a date – stalk. It is not permitted to the sun to catch up the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day: Each (just) swims along in (its own orbit) (According to Law) [36:38-40].
Here Allah the Excelled in might says “And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him” Then He says “ It is not permitted to the sun to catch-up the moon”.
This means that the moon is meant to be before the sun where as the sun runs and can not catch up it. Because the speed of the moon is 18 kilometers & that of the earth is 15 kilometers while that of the sun is 12 kilometers. No matter how fast the sun move, it will not overtake the moon. But what makes the moon retain its mansions while it can leave them? The astronomers found that the moon runs in a zigzag swing and not in a straightforward line. The moon runs in this manner to retain its mansions and locations.
In this manner Allah the only creator organized and systemized the orbiting & more movements of all of them so that they retain their orbiting traces & do not depart them.
Therefore, we have the regular succession of Night & Daytime, seasons etc….
Don’t you think it is an excellent determination?
Is it possible that it has come only by chance?
No, it has not come by chance because chance cannot create such excellent & systematic norms of the universe.
Allah has created all this & creates this systemic cosmic norms.

Source: “The Age of Faith has dawned” By: Shaikh Abdel Majeed Elzindani

Read more: <a href="http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-philosophy/319518-science-leads-islam-moon-sun-islamic.html#ixzz1RSGCsGYK" target="_blank">http://www.city-data.com/forum/religion-ph...l#ixzz1RSGCsGYK</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Of course He is capable of all things but it has not been mentioned that which capabilities He uses.
(Allah Knows Best)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He is the Almighty Allah and He decides which capability to use not me or you.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So you agree then that the Qu'ran is wrong when it says that it's impossible for God to have a Son? And I noticed you completely skipped over the part about the Qu'ran being wrong about what Christians worship.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't agree and secondly Quran says, "He begets not nor is He begotten" it does not say that it is impossible for Him.
Actually I have no knowledge of Christian Worship.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That only gives a hint towards dinosaurs being mentioned if you want to read that into it. As Muslims say, context is everything. When not taken out of context this passage is obviously talking about regular animals.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The reason people are not finding a verse about dinosaurs could be due to the fact that they haven't understood the entire Quran. Also, lots of people would just say it's not there because they haven't seen it or read the Quran entirely while understanding it 100% to be able to say it does.

The term 'dinosaur' is also the modern word of what those creatures were called thousands of years ago. We do not know what those creatures were referred to exactly, but we can only study the Quran further to make that decision, if it indeed exists in the Quran.

For an example, a lot of people used the excuse of how there is no verse that implies that women have to wear the Hijab (headscarf) and point out only one ayah (verse) that tells women to dress modestly. Of course, that is based on their knowledge of the Quran, little do they know that there exists two more versus that relate to the Headscarf and makes it compulsory. Just because they don't know about it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Everyday or every decade, we discover something new. Whether it be a more clear understanding of what we thought a verse meant, or a complete shift in our views. Islam is over 1400 years old, and to this day we still find something new out, and we still don't completely understand the Quran. Some verses have literal implications, others an underlining meaning or message.

Now, that does not prove that there is a verse about dinosaurs in the Quran, but suggests that it may actually exist in the Quran but has not yet been identified. We do not know what God refers to as 'dinosaurs' in the Quran, but we do know that there is a verse that discusses 'giant creatures/beasts (Dabbah)' in verse 2:164 from the Holy Quran: "...in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth...are signs for a people that are wise"

The same word 'Dabbah' is used the in the verse 24:45: "And God has created every animal from water: of them are some that creep on their bellies; some that walk on two legs; and some that walk on four. God creates what he wills..." There is another verse in the Quran that I found very interesting - Al-Araf:56 "work not confusion in the earth after the fair ordering thereof" which describes how the earth had been "repaired/reordered/restored", suggesting there had been commotion or some problematic event on earth and was restored. It warns the believers to not cause confusion on earth.

Then again, that could mean a whole different thing. But, I do believe, even though the Quran is meant mainly to guide the believers, that there may be some verse that might further explain life millions of years ago. That's my opinion.

Sorry the English translation doesn't flow or make as much sense as the actual Arabic text from the Quran, it's quite difficult to explain precisely.

I suggest you have a look at this website for further details:

<a href="http://www.answering-christianity.com/di…" target="_blank">http://www.answering-christianity.com/di…</a>

Source:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080705131531AAdF8RT

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So God knows that you will suffer an eternity of torment and torture beyond your wildest imgination and still allows you to be born. Where's the compassion in that?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Allah knows that if u follow the right path something good will happen to you(Paradise) and if you follow the wrong path something bad will happen to you(Hell) because He has given Humans free will.
Prayers and good deeds are something which can re-write your fate.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How is burning someone in fire for eternity just treatment?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then which just treatment should be given?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Boiling water is used to describe Hell in the Quran even if it does not mention it there are plenty of other things that it has mentioned:
<a href="http://www.inter-islam.org/Actions/manners.htm" target="_blank">http://www.inter-islam.org/Actions/manners.htm</a>
And none of it is anything that wasn't already known at the time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You will say and i will believe!!!Sorry! but this is not the case.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Does the verse say that the stars were in our solar system and does it mention about the moon being along or leveled with them.......The stars could be above the moon.
I will search on this and try to give you a better explanation.
(Allah Knows Best)

It says the moon is in the midst of the stars. To be in the midst of something it must be surrounded by other things. <a href="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/midst" target="_blank">http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/midst</a>

It also claims that the Sun and the stars are seperate objects. However in reality the Sun is a star. Would the creator of the universe not know this?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Please quote the verses again.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Muhammad(S.A.W) had not married the girl on his own but his friend Abu Bakr wanted him to marry his daughter Aisha.He used to play with Aisha until she had reached puberty and attained maturity.This does set an example for future Muslims but not to marry small children but to marry anyone seeing his virtue and the degree of piety.

I don't know who told you that but it's not the truth.

Sahih Bukhari 7:62:18 - "Narrated 'Ursa:The Prophet asked Abu Bakr for 'Aisha's hand in marriage.Abu Bakr said "But I am your brother." The Prophet said, "You are my brother in Allah's religion and His Book, but she (Aisha) is lawful for me to marry.""

<a href="http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/en...tml#007.062.018" target="_blank">http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/en...tml#007.062.018</a>

Mohammed says God showed her to him in a dream.

Sahih Bukhari 9:87:140 - "Narrated 'Aisha: Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.'
<a href="http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/en...tml#009.087.140" target="_blank">http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/en...tml#009.087.140</a>

So no, that's not what it was an example of. Now ask yourself this question, why would an all-knowing god tell a prophet to do something that is so immoral? And why would he tell a prophet to do something that he knew would become incredibly distasteful, if not repulsive, to the average man 1400 years later?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Firstly:no one is sure about her age that is why many historians debate over it.
Secondly: Hadith are not always authentic (For Example:if they contradict with the Quran or Muslim's basic belief).
Thirdly:There is nothing immoral about it.
Thank you for telling me that Hazrat Muhammad(S.A.W) had proposed Hazrat Aisha
1. Prophet had sent the formal proposal to her father which he did not accepted immediately. He has two issues with the proposal. One is that her father was close friend of Prophet Mohammed PBUH and in Arab society close friends are considered brothers. So, he had this doubt that Ayesh will be like niece of Prophet, which prophet explained that this kind of prohibition come only from blood relationship. Second issue was that she was already engaged to another man and her father did not wanted to break promise. However, this engagement was broken by father of the boy and only after that marriage proposal was accepted. Now, in the whole story issue of age does not come into consideration at all. Her father did not said anything about her age. So, age was not at all the problem at that time.
2. He first married to a woman who was 40 yo and he was 25 at that time.
When his first wife passed away he married to Lady Ayesh. He lived with a woman who was 15 years older than himself for 25 years.
3. Prophet Mohammed PBUH has been criticize and literally mentally tortured by his opponents. They were waiting if he make any mistake and they make big scandal out of it. His opponents never criticised him for marrying Ayesha
4. After the death of Prophet Mohammed PBUH, ayesha never compalined about any mistreatment and abuse. She live happily with Prophet during their marriage life.
5. Ayesha is a major resource of Isamic knowledge as she learned from Prophet directly and lived very long after his death.
6. It is said that marriage was consummated at the age of six. Now, the word "consummation" is not an Arabic word. This has to be understood as per Arabic custom. Reality is they started living together when she was 9. Now, if they really had sex, is something purely based on our imagination. Further, if she was not matured enough at that age she must have gone through great trauma which did not happened with her
<a href="http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081012203456AAxxJWD" target="_blank">http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...12203456AAxxJWD</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->incredibly distasteful, if not repulsive<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It is not the same with everyone.
Some men still marry younger women and some women still marry younger men.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Read 33:37 in the Qu'ran. Here is the Tafsir explaining it.

And when (idh is dependent because of [an implied preceding] udhkur, ‘mention [when]’) you said to him to whom God had shown favour, by [guiding him to] Islam, and to whom you [too] had shown favour: by manumitting him — this was Zayd b. Hāritha, who had been a prisoner of war before [the coming of] Islam (in the period of al-jāhiliyya). The Messenger of God (s) purchased him before his call to prophethood, and then manumitted him and adopted him as his son — ‘Retain your wife for yourself and fear God’, before divorcing her. But you had hidden in your heart what God was to disclose, [what] He was to manifest of your love for her and of [the fact] that should Zayd part with her you would marry her, and you feared people, would say, ‘He has married his son’s wife!’, though God is worthier that you should fear Him, in all things, so take her in marriage and do not be concerned with what people say. Zayd subsequently divorced her and her [obligatory] waiting period was completed. God, exalted be He, says: So when Zayd had fulfilled whatever need he had of her, We joined her in marriage to you — the Prophet consummated his marriage with her without [the customary] permission [from her legal guardian] and gratified the Muslims with [a feast of] bread and meat — so that there may not be any restriction for the believers in respect of the wives of their adopted sons, when the latter have fulfilled whatever wish they have of them. And God’s commandment, that which He has decreed, is bound to be realised.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Some of the Prophet's marriages were for legislative reasons and to abolish certain corrupt traditions. Such was his marriage to Zaynab, divorcee of the freed slave Zayd. Before Islam, the Arabs did not allow divorcees to remarry.
Zayd was adopted by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and called his son as was the custom among the Arabs before Islam. But Islam abrogated this custom and disapproved of its practice.
Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was the first man to express this disapproval in a practical way. So he married the divorcee of his "adopted" son to show that adoption does not really make the adopted child a real son of the adopting father and also to show that marriage is lawful for divorcees.
Incidentally, this very Zaynab was Muhammad's cousin, and had been offered to him in marriage before she married Zayd. He refused her then, but after she was divorced he accepted her for the two legislative purposes: the lawful marriage of divorcees and the real status of adopted children.

Several things point to the lack of truth in this story. First, it is unlikely that the prophet (pbuh) was suddenly struck by Zainab's beauty. Zainab was his cousin. He had known her since childhood. Why would she suddenly appear striking after she was already married to another?

Second, the prophet had arranged for her to get married to Zaid. If there was to be an attraction why did the prophet (pbuh) not encourage her to marry none but himself?

Third, the fact of the matter was that Zaid's marriage proved to be an unhappy one. Zaid was a former slave and as such was held in low esteem in the eyes of Zainab. He mentioned to the prophet that he intended to divorce his wife. But the prophet advised him to keep his wife and avoid divorce.

In the meantime, Zaid intended to divorce his wife, Allah intended to marry her to the prophet. Eventually Zaid could maintain his marriage no longer. He divorced Zainab and Allah declared in his Glorious Book that he has wedded her to the prophet after the proper waiting period was over.

This marriage served more than one purpose. First, the prophet was responsible for arranging Zainab's marriage to Zaid. In a sense, then, he was also indirectly responsible for the unhappiness she felt in her marriage. Her marriage to the prophet now provided her the honour she felt she deserved, and exonerated the prophet.

Second, Zaid had been adopted as the prophet's son. Eventually, however, the Qur'an prohibited the practice of changing the parental identity of adopted persons. Zaid, then, was to no longer be called "son of Muhammad" but rather "a close friend." The prophet's marriage to the divorced wife of Zaid was a practical demonstration that the adopted relationship was not equal to a real blood-relationship. A man cannot marry the divorced wife of his real son but he can marry the divorced wife of his adopted son.

The abolishment of the age-old practice was a positive improvement for the adopted persons. People outside of Islam still continue this practice for their own benefit. They adopt children and rob them of their real identify, making them believe they are real children of the household in which they grow up. When such children realize the truth they suffer much disappointment and grief. The adoptive process continues for the selfish gain of the adoptive parents.

But is it not true that children sometimes need adoptive parents? Yes. But they also need to preserve their real identify. This is what Islam ensures. It is the responsibility of the entire community to help children in need. They should be taken in and nurtured but not confused with one's own children.

The prophet's marriage to Zainab was a bold measure to forever engrave in the minds of his followers that as much as people would resist change, some changes are worth the effort. Adoptive children should no longer be robbed of their real identities.

The story of this Zaynab has been associated in some minds with ridiculous fabrications regarding the moral integrity of Muhammad. These vicious fabrications are not even worth considering here
please also read the Quranic verses 32:36, 32:37, 32:38, 32:40
it was the command of God that he married Zainab, just to abolish certain corrupt traditions.
<a href="http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110320175743AAnHirF" target="_blank">http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...20175743AAnHirF</a>

Or if it does not satisfy you then here I have a better source Wikipedia:

In Pre Islamic Arabia adoption was common and Zayd was given to him as a slave by his wife Khadija. Muhammad freed him and took him to Kaaba in Mecca and declared Zayd his son (thus becoming one who received Muhammad's grace). With coming of Islam all relations of adoption were nulled. And Muhammad himself started calling Zayd Zayd ibn Harithah instead of Zayd bin Muhammad (Zayd was known as Zayd bin Muhammad i.e. son of Muhammad). Since Zayd's background was a slave, and Muhammad wanted to lift the social status of freed slaves (like Zayd) he asked for Zaynab's hand in marriage for Zayd. Zaynab was Muhammad's first cousin, daughter of his aunt Umaima bint Abdul Muttalib. Zaynab had initially refused to marry Zaid because of his slave background and the same displeasure had come from her brother, 'Abdullah bin Jahsh. However on insistence of Muhammad, Zaynab and everyone else agreed. The marriage was a failure as Zaynab found it extremely difficult to accept a freed slave as her husband. Zayd got tired of her and the bitterness had left him with no desire for her eventually leading to their divorce.Zaynab being Muhammad's first cousin was no stranger for him, he had seen her hundreds of time in his aunt Umaima bint Abdul Muttalib's house for over thirty years before she became Zayd's wife.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bsfmtl123 said:
There are no Scientific Errors in Quran(The Validity of Embryology):
http://www.answering-christianity.com/nadeem_embryology.htm

All criticisms have been answered in the above link.

That link does not once mention Harith bin Caladia, his doctor trained in Greek medicine.

QUOTE said:
How is it possible for them to have discovered this centuries ago when they had arose in the 6th century:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_philosophers

6th century BCE.

QUOTE said:
[snip...]
Is it possible that it has come only by chance?
No, it has not come by chance because chance cannot create such excellent & systematic norms of the universe.

Most of that makes no sense. But this is just an assertion with nothing to back it up. You are claiming it can't come about by chance, evidence would seem to indicate otherwise, the burden of proof is on you. Why can't it happen by chance?

QUOTEQUOTE
And I noticed you completely skipped over the part about the Qu'ran being wrong about what Christians worship.

[snip...]
Actually I have no knowledge of Christian Worship.

But you could answer how come you don't think it getting some things wrong doesn't make it imperfect. It's also wrong about the Torah being corrupted over time. The Dead Sea Scrolls prove that. And Exodus is in there and that has being proven never to have happened as well.

bsfmtl123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
6th century BCE.

Oops! Silly me....Sorry for this.I have edited my post.
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
It's also wrong about the Torah being corrupted over time.

>> According to the Bible, thousands of years ago Moses has predicted that the Bible will be corrupted by men ...

"He gave this command to the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD: Take this Book of the Law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God. There it will remain as a witness against you. For I know how rebellious and stiff-necked you are. If you have been rebellious against the LORD while I am still alive and with you, how much more will you rebel after I die! Assemble before me all the elders of your tribes and all your officials, so that I can speak these words in their hearing and call heaven and earth to testify against them. For I know that after my death you are sure to become utterly corrupt and to turn from the way I have commanded you. In days to come, disaster will fall upon you because you will do evil in the sight of the LORD and provoke him to anger by what your hands have made."

(Deuteronomy 31:25-29)

>> Yet, many Christians and Jews still hold the belief that the Books weren't corrupted and tampered by men's hands when even the Biblical scholars themselves had confirm the fact that the Bible isn't the word of God anymore:

1. Dr. W. Graham Scroggie (Moody Bible Institute, Chicago) was asked "Is the Bible the Word of God?".

He answered, "Yes, the Bible is human, though some, out of zeal which is not according to knowledge, have denied this. Those books have passed through the minds of men, are written in the language of men, were penned by the hands of men, and bear in their style the characteristics of men."

2. Dr. Joseph Parker unique eulogy of the Bible:

"What a book is The Bible in the matter of variety of contents . . . whole pages are taken up with obscure names, and more is told of a genealogy than of The Day Of Judgement. Stories are half told, and the night falls before we can tell where victory lay. where is there anything" (in the Religious Literature of the world) "To correspond with this?" A beautiful necklace of words and phrases undoubtedly! It is much ado about nothing, and rank blasphemy against God Almighty for authorising such an embarrassing hotch potch. Yet the Christians gloat over the very defects of their book, like Romeo over the "mole" on
Juliet's lip!

3. Kenneth Cragg, the Anglican Bishop of Jerusalem, "The Call of the Minaret":

"Not so the New Testament . . . There is condensation and editing; there is choice, reproduction and witness. The Gospels have come through the mind of the Church behind the authors. They represent experience and history."

>> Yes, all Muslims knew already that the Bible and Torah were corrupted. It was revealed by Allah more than 1400 years ago. In fact, this alone could be regarded as one of the miracle of Quran, and the truth can be seen after the findings of world oldest known Bible (1,600 years old) in 2009 (albeit the fact that it was found more than 160 years ago and kept as a secret from the public) ... and it affirms the fact that it doesn't match with all the printed Bible you can find today!!!

> The contents aren't the same with today's Bible
> No such passages about the resurrection of Jesus
> Old Testament books with extra 7 more books and missing in today's Bible, the books such as 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, 1 & 4 Maccabees, Wisdom and Sirach.
> New Testament books with extra 2 more books, the Epistle of Barnabas and The Sherperd of Hermas

>> You don't have to believe in me ... I'll just provide you a link to CNN official report regarding the world oldest known Bible findings for you to read it yourself:
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe…

>> And yes, if you happened to be someone who can decode and read this ancient writings, feel free to see the scanned version of it and translate and ponder it yourself ... here is the official link for the online version of it:
http://www.codex-sinaiticus.net/en/manus…
Source(s):
"And do they not know that Allah knows whatever they keep secret and whatever they make public? And among them are illiterates (who) do not know the Book except (only) fancies, and decidedly they do (nothing) except surmise. So woe to (the ones) who write the Book with their hands; thereafter they say, "This is from (the Providence of) Allah, that they may trade it for a little price; So, woe to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they have earned."

(Quran 2:77-79)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...15164009AAPPmP2

The Dead Sea Scrolls prove that

Prove what?The validity of Torah?or Ouran wrong?

The Dead Sea Scrolls have nothing against Islam:
http://www.islamicsearchcenter.com/archive...ls-prove-islam/

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only question the validity of scientific theories when they contradict with the Quran. If a scientific theory seems to correspond with a specific interpretation of the Quran you are quick to accept it as valid.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have steered clear of this debate for reasons unknown (I am usually in there early on for such things) but at the risk of ruining TrolleyDave's fun some things probably need to be mentioned

Islam as a historical influence- in short study it and study it well alongside any other major societal/political philosophy (and as many minor ones as you care to). For any to ignore it in their study of such things would be a fairly heinous act. Certainly historical conditions would have made things that we are now debating in this thread quite justifiable- spinning it for a moment to look at Judaism and kosher foods it is not such a stretch to see some of the concepts there being quite valuable when one is moving around deserts where today it is somewhat less relevant as a survival trait which brings me to the related concept.
"Islam as a political philosophy for the present day" (the implication being a direct application of the texts). I should first acknowledge Islam as having a major political component as opposed to many of the other religions of antiquity but here might fall flat.
So far so much nothing of note though so
The core concept uniting most philosophies seems to be something along the lines of
Human life/existence (including comfort of existence) is pretty sweet and save for the occasions were another infringes upon another's existence (punishment) then it should not be restricted- a key term in all this being equality. I need to add a phrase along the lines for meritocracy to be allowed (if someone does some righteous acts then they can be noted at various points/used for situations that might on the face of it go against equality) which is what gets us to the points I want to cover.
Situations that seem to be causing debate
Polygamy- historically as a means to allow for population maintenance, political manoeuvring and to maintain societal structure. Absolutely (well ignoring the population thing and some more modern research- some analysis of the birth rates of the polygamist Mormon sects was compiled by various people over the last few years and polygamy might not be quite as beneficial to birth rate as simple logic might point toward) but if we are doing the whole equal thing then purely by virtue of that polyandry must be equally viable.
Slavery- certainly many aspects appear to make slavery somewhat more difficult to conduct, continue and in some cases provides a code of conduct and certainly a straight abolishment of it tends not to make friends (see other points in history where it was abolished/restricted and the aggro that caused). However moving to the human existence thing the refusal to provide at least a timeline to abolish it
Issues of sexism- again historically it might have been somewhat more justifiable but again now unless it goes against physics then it is equal or nothing.

Secondly we can debate these and more all day long but I also want to cover the modern world- the complexities of IP law (something that did not really exist back then), finance (beyond a sort of justification for any resulting laws), some of the international laws and so forth.

Islam as a religion (I will spare us the debate as to the many sects for a moment) when attempting to be for want of a better word judged through the lens of the modern world causes some issues which we seem to be debating here. However the works of Islam being used to form a personal philosophy is in many ways a commendable thing (life is complex and to try to arrive at a philosophy from scratch possibly an insurmountable task) - setting out to form a personal philosophy and having it arrive as the result of intense study of such topics is about the best one can reasonably hope for. That you might be prepared to debate your philosophy is also a positive however if you should choose to modify things and/or pick and choose then you will have a hard time calling yourself a follower of Islam (although I will note that what indeed makes a religion is somewhat open to debate- see issues with forming a new one in various countries around the place).

Two things I see quite a bit of in this are reductio ad absurdum (without a lot of qualifiers it can lead to lines in the sand allowing for a lot of bizarre situations) and a serious measure of verbal gymnastics although this might well stem from assuming various sources are infallible (moving back to the earlier then vs now- the formation of Islam would have been late enough to see how various religions had been twisted so to call it infallible might well be a protection mechanism). I will note that translation and linguistics in general (languages evolve)

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bsfmtl123 said:
Prove what?The validity of Torah?or Ouran wrong?

The Dead Sea Scrolls have nothing against Islam:
http://www.islamicsearchcenter.com/archive...ls-prove-islam/

I'm not arguing against validity of either in particular. I'm saying it has not being corrupted over time, and the dead sea scrolls prove that, not that they speak out against a faith that didn't exist when they where written. I don't care what characters from the books say about it, the only proof you have that those characters say those things or even existed are those books themselves. Circular logic does not prove anything.

EDIT: And I love your habit of ignoring points that don't have a pre-made answer on extremest websites.
EDIT the second: Oh dear, I meant extremest as in extreme literalist. I'm not saying your one of the other lot.

bsfmtl123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I'm saying it has not being corrupted over time

Torah or the Bible both are corrupt.I don't care what you believe.And if you really want to debate over it than prove yourself because just mentioning the Dead Scrolls isn't going to help

QUOTEEDIT: And I love your habit of ignoring points that don't have a pre-made answer on extremest websites.

Which point did I ignore.......the Christian Worship one???
If you call these websites "Extremest" than according to your definition every site is extremest.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The burden of proof is on the one making the claim. You find me something in the Torah that has being corrupted without referring to the Koran. Find an older copy of the work and show the inconsistencies with the modern ones. The dead sea scrolls are the oldest known copies, start there and point out the differences.

And I corrected myself in the second edit. I don't get how God is better than us in every way but can not make analogies or metaphors. Can God not get his head around the concepts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs