Hacking Signed DOOM PSP, please?

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been searching for a good while for a functioning DOOM signed homebrew, for the PlayStation Portable. I'm not looking for anything TOO fancy-schmansy, I just want it to play Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, and the Final DOOM WADs, with sounds and music (Even if it comes out sounding 8-bit). I was hoping it could play online with Vanilla and/or Chocolate DOOM, but I can live without it. I Understand that I'll need to already own said WADs and load them myself. I have a PSP-2000, running OS 6.60. I Know this is possible, because I've run homebrews of Duke Nukem 3D (with minor issues, such as Hall of Mirror effect in mirrors, Duke rarely talking, even when supposed to, and not being able to run fast enough to jump across the pillars to beat Red Light District) and Quake, in my unmodded OS. The homebrews I've tried will show an icon and background, but when I press X, it says "The game cannot be started. The game data is corrupted."

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a PSP, but can't you convert PSX games over to work with it? If so, will the PSX port of DOOM work? If so you've got a winner, as far as classic, pre-source release DOOM is concerned, it was one of the best ports ever to grace PC, Console, etc.

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That WOULD work, but first, I'd prefer Bobby Prince's soundtrack, plus, I think I need a custom firmware for that. (Plus, I think the 360 version was the best console port :P Just sayin')

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I don't own a PSP, but can't you convert PSX games over to work with it? If so, will the PSX port of DOOM work? If so you've got a winner, as far as classic, pre-source release DOOM is concerned, it was one of the best ports ever to grace PC, Console, etc.
This guy seems to want to avoid installing CFW -- which rules out PSX games or any unsigned code. Its silly given how easy it is to install Pro C LCFW and run it (hb doom, that is).

Snailface

Trophies
XP
That WOULD work, but first, I'd prefer Bobby Prince's soundtrack, plus, I think I need a custom firmware for that. (Plus, I think the 360 version was the best console port :P Just sayin')
Pro C lcfw* is a signed homebrew itself and it is comically easy to run. Look into it. There are good guides on this forum.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp.293978/

*lcfw = lite-cfw as in it doesn't modify your OFW any. The hack occurs harmlessly in system RAM.

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping more to the accord of just the eboot for the game, and putting my WADs in a specified folder... not that I don't appreciate your help but, those 2 (Duke3D and Quake) that I'd found proved it doesn't need to be THIS complicated...

Snailface

Trophies
XP
I was hoping more to the accord of just the eboot for the game, and putting my WADs in a specified folder... not that I don't appreciate your help but, those 2 (Duke3D and Quake) that I'd found proved it doesn't need to be THIS complicated...
Well, its your lucky day. Looks like you can avoid that evil, complicated lcfw after all. :P
http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/193 (ofw signed)

Reactions: LanHikariDS

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, I'll get to adding this tomorrow. Ironically, I got a faster response here than on the DoomWorld Forums...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?