Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you read some of the posts on this site? That's exactly what they do.
Yes, of course, but meaning to clarify more of what I am saying, is why make a whole new arm9 payload devoted to help new or inexperienced users, rather than just improving on the CTRNAND Transfer function to make it safer and reduce bricks using Decrypt9? To me it kinda seems a bit pointless, unless there are other reasons why he didn't decide to do that.

Reactions: Quantumcat

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, of course, but meaning to clarify more of what I am saying, is why make a whole new arm9 payload devoted to help new or inexperienced users, rather than just improving on the CTRNAND Transfer function to make it safer and reduce bricks using Decrypt9? To me it kinda seems a bit pointless, unless there are other reasons why he didn't decide to do that.
He's probably rolling everything into one. He got rid of EmuNAND9. I guess Decrypt9 is next. Maybe the noobs are getting dumber too as the Guide gets easier.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
after 2.1

Actually, it works on both 2.1 and 2.2

It was fixed on 3.0.0-XX

Or as he mentioned
The update that came after 2.2

Screenshot_20170323-071621.png

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If your not dumb, just use decrypt9, the same thing was the reasoning behind the creation of hourglass9 I.e stupid people doing stupid stuff then begging for help after they have bricked their system or updated to a unhackable FW,

The guide isn't designed to be only noob proof, but idiot proof

Starzcream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone that bricks is stupid. My o3ds bricked on 2.1.0 ctr transfer due to memory card being bad. Even after I checked it. Apparently the 3ds lags when accessing disks that are larger than 64gb which can also cause random bricks during disk read/write...I have successfully hacked 4 3ds including 2ds xl and new 3ds

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well perhap the guide should say not to use a card bigger then 32 gb for installing. (it currently doesn't seem to)

only problem i had when following it before was on one system the safea9lhinstaller screen glitched but i was able to press the button and install anyway.

all other problems i had with it were user error and didn't cause bricks.

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well perhap the guide should say not to use a card bigger then 32 gb for installing. (it currently doesn't seem to)

only problem i had when following it before was on one system the safea9lhinstaller screen glitched but i was able to press the button and install anyway.

all other problems i had with it were user error and didn't cause bricks.
yeah I should probably pm plailect in discord/request this in the guides discord

Maestrx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait....If I don't have a backup of previous nand...Does that mean that I won't ever be able to hack my 3ds? Hardmod AND sighax together?

Maestrx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh if thats the case, the simplest advice I can give is to read the OP

I've read it countless times. I'm just curious as to if I am sunk. I have a special edition 3DS that I don't want to sell. I am just wondering if I'll ever see Sighax or something come to 11.3 without the need of backups. And to clarify, it sadly came with 11.3, as the original owner factory reset it before sending it.

Last edited by Maestrx,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if an arm9 exploit for 11.3 is found, yes sighax can be installed. so can a9lh.

until then you are stuck with userland homebrew with soundhax or cubic ninja (maybe some other hax works too)

on n3ds userland homebrew means some decent emulators.

Last edited by Zaphod77,

Maestrx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if an arm9 exploit for 11.3 is found, yes sighax can be installed. so can a9lh.

until then you are stuck with userland homebrew with soundhax or cubic ninja (maybe some other hax works too)

on n3ds userland homebrew means some decent emulators.

And how slim are the chances of that happening, though?

Maestrx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slim to none. Most people have moved onto Switch hacking.

*sigh* Well shit. I guess there goes my plan for hacking my n3ds. I should've created a nand dump of my o3ds or something.

Side note: How hard would it be to make an a9lh hack on 11.3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: