Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I feel much fewer people see that forum rather than the homebrew forum, however.
well you can Request a mod to move this, I haven't got anyone in my mind right now, but I agree, if you know one, you can tell him that the op of this thread would like to have it moved over :)

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you can Request a mod to move this, I haven't got anyone in my mind right now, but I agree, if you know one, you can tell him that the op of this thread would like to have it moved over :)
Honestly, I would personally prefer it stay here if more people want to be aware of it.

I had no clue NTR was even a thing until about half a month ago since it was heavily constricted to the CFW/flashcards forum. Still know very little about it, but I'm not interested in it anyways, particularly since my 3ds is starting to head towards its EOL (the right hinge cracked since I carried it everywhere with me, gotta be careful opening and closing it now. Plus I'm getting a switch soon, since I am becoming interested in modding more and more nowadays)

Last edited by TimX24968B,
Reactions: adrifcastr

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from my understanding, we still need an arm9 exploit to write the hax signed firmware, or maybe a hardmod.

But if we DO get a 11.3 exploit, then we won't need to ctrtransfer to 2.1 because sighax can get in while the OTP is readable.

But currently if we have a9lh in, we don't need sighax anyway.

From what i understand there's nothing preventing a complete firmware replacement with a9lh, because it still boots before firmware, which is how it lets you reflash a nand backup so easily and recover from soft bricks. it's just that no one has bothered yet.

So the reason you can't just hijack the update process is because the updater actually properly checks the signature and isn't fooled by the hax sign (you just plain lose, Nintendo).

(if i ever do get sighax on, i want it to display a splash screen that says

Hax Sign: Nintendo just plain loses

)

Starzcream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from my understanding, we still need an arm9 exploit to write the hax signed firmware, or maybe a hardmod.

But if we DO get a 11.3 exploit, then we won't need to ctrtransfer to 2.1 because sighax can get in while the OTP is readable.

But currently if we have a9lh in, we don't need sighax anyway.

From what i understand there's nothing preventing a complete firmware replacement with a9lh, because it still boots before firmware, which is how it lets you reflash a nand backup so easily and recover from soft bricks. it's just that no one has bothered yet.

So the reason you can't just hijack the update process is because the updater actually properly checks the signature and isn't fooled by the hax sign (you just plain lose, Nintendo).

(if i ever do get sighax on, i want it to display a splash screen that says

Hax Sign: Nintendo just plain loses

)

Custom Boot Screens would be the shit! even custom animations...am i dreaming too far ahead of the timeline here?

Reactions: CaptainSwag101

Starzcream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about sighax: Would a9lh brahma payloads be compatible? If so, could sighax boot Luma3ds and Bootanim9?

I know this is off topic but i just noticed while restoring my 3dsl xl back to stock 9.2.0 that my camera doesnt work anymore. The apps open fine but it just stays black and take photo makes sound no photo taken. I am able to calibrate. That is the only time i can see anything on the screen through the camera. This is my 5th 3ds i dont use it often as its in pristine condition but wierd software issue or hardware problem?

Trophies
XP
I know this is off topic but i just noticed while restoring my 3dsl xl back to stock 9.2.0 that my camera doesnt work anymore. The apps open fine but it just stays black and take photo makes sound no photo taken. I am able to calibrate. That is the only time i can see anything on the screen through the camera. This is my 5th 3ds i dont use it often as its in pristine condition but wierd software issue or hardware problem?
Hardware issue.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! called nintendo its still under warranty till november. Does anyone know if they update the firmware before shipping it back? Also is sighax going to be compliant with 11.3? Does anyone have a clue on that at all?
always updates the firmware. Plus if you have A9LH, or any other hacks, they might just replace the whole 3ds or refuse repairs.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will most likely need to hardmod, backup the nand it has, then try reflashing your old backup. if that fails, unbrick with the backup you made.

and that's assuming you actually get sent the same one, which is not a guarantee. if not, you are screwed. if i's a new 3ds recommend buting a new one and selling the old one after it's repaired.

If you wanna try and put one over on nintendo, install a custom version of luma to sysnand that doesn't write config file, has chainloading removed, and doesn't change the version string. Then they MIGHT not guess it's hacked if all non legit software is also removed. one of 4 things will happen.

1) they will catch the hack anyway, having legit cias they can use to do forensics, and remove it.
2) they have the otp stored in their database and can craft nand backups from scratch and will wipe it that way. (they may or may not be able to do this)
3) they will refuse to repair it/send you back a different unit.
4) they will miss the hack if it's hiding well enough, and repair the hardware and send it back.

Last edited by Zaphod77,

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. So I see that SafeCtrTransfer is now released to the public and Pailect updated his guide for this. I know it may seem like a stupid or noob question, but why did Dok3 decide to make SafeCtrTransfer if Decrypt9 already supports CTRNAND Transfers and performs NAND verification via .sha & also prompts to make a backup right before doing so? I would understand if people are idiots and either don't follow directions or aren't careful enough despite all the warnings and such, then brick their 3DS systems...

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. So I see that SafeCtrTransfer is now released to the public and Pailect updated his guide for this. I know it may seem like a stupid or noob question, but why did Dok3 decide to make SafeCtrTransfer if Decrypt9 already supports CTRNAND Transfers and performs NAND verification via .sha & also prompts to make a backup right before doing so? I would understand if people are idiots and either don't follow directions or aren't careful enough despite all the warnings and such, then brick their 3DS systems...
Have you read some of the posts on this site? That's exactly what they do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM