Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Uh, no it isn't? A patch for FW signing isn't a bootrom exploit, a bootrom exploit is exploiting the bootrom.

It *is* exploiting the bootrom. The bootrom's signature checking code contains bugs and these bugs allow you to create a fake signature that the bootrom (and only the bootrom) will accept.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I did, I was there, and I can tell that FW signing is NOT exploiting the bootrom

It isn't
It's the bootrom's job to read the RSA sig so it exploits a flaw in how the bootrom reads sigs.

The fact that the exploit is unpatchable points to the fact it's a bootROM exploit.

Last edited by zoogie,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it isn't... SigHax is a bug exploiting the bad RSA encryptions made by Nintendo allowing us to sign our own firms. This COULD be used to dump bootroms though.

The bad signature parsing code is contained in the bootrom.

Also, no you can't. SYSCON9 locks the bootrom in rom and it clears itself from ram before jumping to NFIRM.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So arm9loaderhax is obsolete then?
Basically Yes. But you will probably need it to install SigHax when it is released.
Your not going to need a9lh. Only a way to right to nand. You could directly install sighax on any firmware with a hardmod or dsiware.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overclocking the dual core 268mhz arm11 cpu isn't confirmed to be stable, it may only be able to handle a few mhz above its stock speed and it will only have meager returns, it wouldn't make any difference in games that run like crap.
Ah, gotcha. I didn't know it was unstable, just thought it wasn't limited due to restrictions. Thanks for response(s).

Reactions: NightScript

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.