Should we say RIP windows 7 now?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't be a bad cpu to game on
Until you actually want to do more than that.

Try to game and stream? and it quickly becomes apparent you need more than a 4C/4T CPU to do it. Whether that be even like a Phenom II X6, a mainstream i7, a Ryzen or even one of the newer X299/z370 i7's.

Trying to game and stream on my previous main that is rocking a Core 2 Quad and even at lenient capture/stream settings, performance gets cut in half, if not worse. GPU encoding is the only way I'd be able to at all from that machine.

Last edited by codezer0,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Try to game and stream? and it quickly becomes apparent you need more than a 4C/4T CPU to do it. Whether that be even like a Phenom II X6, a mainstream i7, a Ryzen or even one of the newer X299/z370 i7's.

Trying to game and stream on my previous main that is rocking a Core 2 Quad and even at lenient capture/stream settings, performance gets cut in half, if not worse. GPU encoding is the only way I'd be able to at all from that machine.
I don't think he's talking about streaming.

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Indeed. Though I don't see everyone wanting to stream.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run windows 7 without problems, it's not that i'm stubborn, it is that i can't afford a new OS, and I think i'm not alone either. the simple fact is that when microsoft comes out with a new OS, should we all run to them and throw our money away?

lol. how can you not have enough money for windows 10. Its free. just torrent an iso of windows 10 home. read the comments to see if its reported a bad torrent. you can download windows 10 iso's for free with Microsoft own tool. and for activation use the kspico activator. I have done this and i can confirm it works. i can give you a clean one if you need that i vigorously tested on real hardware.

Here is the tool from Microsoft. Just install then activate with Kspico. Don't spend money.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And remember you can use windows 7 as long as you want. I installed windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on a intel core i9 for a client because he wanted it and it works great. Who cares if the support is gone. As for the using NVMe do you really need something that fast? that shit is expensive and if your worried about boot times just leave your computer on. I leave 3 computers on 24/7 My 2007 windows xp Sp2 core 2 quad from 2007 i built, a dell vostro 400 as my windows 2008 r2 server and a free nas box. My xp machine has been on 24/7 since 2007. i had a old Pentium 4 1.6 server from 2002 that was on 24/7 since 2005...

Last edited by Captain_N,

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're implying Windows 10 isn't the final windows. I dunno, I just think 10 is going to be the definitive windows, Microsoft will just keep adding onto it. It's certainly not going to get replaced in 2025.
yea... nobody knows exactly what is going to happen in 2025

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol. how can you not have enough money for windows 10. Its free. just torrent an iso of windows 10 home. read the comments to see if its reported a bad torrent. you can download windows 10 iso's for free with Microsoft own tool. and for activation use the kspico activator. I have done this and i can confirm it works. i can give you a clean one if you need that i vigorously tested on real hardware.

Here is the tool from Microsoft. Just install then activate with Kspico. Don't spend money.

And remember you can use windows 7 as long as you want. I installed windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on a intel core i9 for a client because he wanted it and it works great. Who cares if the support is gone. As for the using NVMe do you really need something that fast? that shit is expensive and if your worried about boot times just leave your computer on. I leave 3 computers on 24/7 My 2007 windows xp Sp2 core 2 quad from 2007 i built, a dell vostro 400 as my windows 2008 r2 server and a free nas box. My xp machine has been on 24/7 since 2007. i had a old Pentium 4 1.6 server from 2002 that was on 24/7 since 2005...
i can only image your electric bill... I dont really recommend torrenting because you can just download the official tool and then use a software to activate it much easier and safer

rickwj324

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No need for torrents. Win 10 is still free to upgrade from Microsoft (at least until December 31st). https://www.cnet.com/how-to/microsoft-windows-10-free-upgrade-offer-assistive-features/
I 've upgraded quite a few pc's this way.

Last edited by rickwj324,

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea... nobody knows exactly what is going to happen in 2025

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i can only image your electric bill... I dont really recommend torrenting because you can just download the official tool and then use a software to activate it much easier and safer

my electric bill is not much at all. 60% of my electric bill is the damn air conditioner. I live in south florida. During the winter my bill is about $70. during the summer specially august its was $209 lol

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my electric bill is not much at all. 60% of my electric bill is the damn air conditioner. I live in south florida. During the winter my bill is about $70. during the summer specially august its was $209 lol

Yeah, I know how you feel. I had the same experienced when I was lived in Florida for 9 years and cannot stand the summer. Oh my gosh, air conditioner was so expensive that my electric bill shoot up to 130 dollars or something in Orlando. Anyway, I moved back up north and I am glad I did!

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet. God I detest all these elitists that call an OS old just because it was made in 200X, even though a lot of people still use it. And unofficial service packs like @DinohScene said.
those do eveutall wear out too

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Even XP isn't dead, sorry. My barely used decade-old EEE is still going strong virus free, sorry. Using an OS that kills itself and whatever else is on the hard drive when it updates isn't an option, sorry. At least the spying can be stopped, I've read, if you're willing to hack it to pieces enough. Yes, Stasibook gets blocked too.
But other than for a couple of games, I've already upgraded to Linux, and most of the non-AAA repetitive crap runs just fine.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse