Hacking Should The Henkaku Source Code be released ?

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fail because no voting buttons / poll thread.

Here: Straw Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11068562/r

I don't disagree with this approach. It can get people motivated to learn something, so I guess I am all for it.

It has the side effect of everyone bothering everyone else for their knowledge, but you have to break some eggs, right?

Last edited by flame1234,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm pretty sure they said they're going to release the source in a year anyway.

I'm generally very strongly pro-FOSS, but I think molecule want to have some fun watching people reverse engineeer this first.

Last edited by sj33,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
HENkaku is already being reverse engineered.
The entire point of the KOTH challange is to attract more developers and make the Vita like the PSP was.

Just releasing the source would end up with a backuploader and very little to 0 homebrew interest.
Besides, it's not like the Vita has much games anyway.

I say no.
I'd really like to see how long it takes for others to completely reverse engineer the exploit.
A lot can be learned from it.

nxtgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HENkaku is already being reverse engineered.
The entire point of the KOTH challange is to attract more developers and make the Vita like the PSP was.

Just releasing the source would end up with a backuploader and very little to 0 homebrew interest.
Besides, it's not like the Vita has much games anyway.

I say no.
I'd really like to see how long it takes for others to completely reverse engineer the exploit.
A lot can be learned from it.

That's wasted time and it will be a long time for a dead system.

nxtgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yifanlu DID release HENkaku, though.

@Topic:
It's up to yifanlu; one does whatever he wants with his code as long as it doesn't harm other parties.

"yifanlu DID release HENkaku, though" Were talking about the SOURCE CODE for Henkaku

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fail because no voting buttons / poll thread.

Here: Straw Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11068562/r

I don't disagree with this approach. It can get people motivated to learn something, so I guess I am all for it.

It has the side effect of everyone bothering everyone else for their knowledge, but you have to break some eggs, right?
Yiffypoo is never going to release the source code. Just deal with it tbh.
I'm theorizing that this whole Henkaku thing was just a stunt to land a job at a cryptotech company. Kinda like how Smea landed an internship at Microsoft for his work on the 3DS scene. What a cuck.

nxtgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yiffypoo is never going to release the source code. Just deal with it tbh.
I'm theorizing that this whole Henkaku thing was just a stunt to land a job at a cryptotech company. Kinda like how Smea landed an internship at Microsoft for his work on the 3DS scene. What a cuck.

If Smea went public we could have way more 11.0 homebrew

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was joking and making fun of how pointless and cluttered threads like this one make this place.

Completely off topic

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i think the KOTH challenge is good because its going to get other Devs out there really thinking about RE Henkaku, thus they will get a deeper understanding as to what they can achieve with it.

So many people want things handed to them on a plate...i cant quite grasp that concept? to really appreciate things in life you need to work for them and earn it!

i have no hope of ever learning anything to do with henkaku or creating hombrews, my hat goes off to anyone with the talent to do those things.

T

Reactions: KyoMaxy

nxtgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the KOTH challenge is good because its going to get other Devs out there really thinking about RE Henkaku, thus they will get a deeper understanding as to what they can achieve with it.

So many people want things handed to them on a plate...i cant quite grasp that concept? to really appreciate things in life you need to work for them and earn it!

i have no hope of ever learning anything to do with henkaku or creating hombrews, my hat goes off to anyone with the talent to do those things.

T

Yes because wanting a source code is not appreciate

Maav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the Chinese or Japanese person who released the xandu game is to be believed he said he might release the tool that decrypts eboot's for vita games.
Not if he's like yifan_lu
"yifanlu DID release HENkaku, though" Were talking about the SOURCE CODE for Henkaku

I don't see jimmyleen ever mentioning the source code for the tool that decrypts eboots. The Chinese guy mentioned he would release the tool, exactly like yifanlu did.

Anyway, enough derailing for this thread. We've seen worse happen in that other thread, right? Just try to at least read what other people say before trying to come up with a "clever" answer to try to flame someone.

Besides, the people who are complaining about HENkaku's closed source are the people would be unable to do anything with it. Why bother?

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
He said that if nobody reverses henkaku in a period of time he will reevaluate the options, dont fight with him, sadly he is the creator and he has the advantage

Last edited by Rizzorules,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi