Dragoon709

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got the 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart 7, and the base firmware is 4.3.0-10 U, it's too new for my Acekard 2i to work (already tried it) but I also can't access the e-Shop. I wanna get Netflix but can't without the update... should I update? I will be getting a DSTwo in a couple of weeks and it'll be preflashed to work with 4.5.0-10 U... so now I'm stuck as to what to do....

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
you can wait
till you BUY a new flash card to replace the Acekard 2, as no update is coming
get a supercard DStwo or that R4i gold
wait till you get it the new card(just in case), update the new card, then update the 3ds

if you have an old ds/ds lite/dsi you can update the 3ds and use the older system to updaqte and play ds games on that till you get the new card

Keo-Spin1080

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HELL NO BRO!!!

You've no guarantees that the card is pre flashed OR if it'll work. Best to wait until you can confirm eveythings gravy with your own two eyes first.

The way you're playin it is like taking a blind leap of faith. Its all good though if you've a spare ds/dsl/dsi to update your card with.

tysonrss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can wait
till you BUY a new flash card to replace the Acekard 2, as no update is coming
get a supercard DStwo or that R4i gold
wait till you get it the new card(just in case), update the new card, then update the 3ds

if you have an old ds/ds lite/dsi you can update the 3ds and use the older system to updaqte and play ds games on that till you get the new card
Don't be so quick to judge. It has been a couple months but they could shell out one more update.

I got my 3DS for christmas and it had an update from July 2011, I wasn't going to update for my flashcart but I wanted to get into the store. Plus I still have my DS so I'm fine as it is.

Anyways, if you're getting the DSTWO, you can udate.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wait till your DSTWO comes, and see if you need to update it (Put the update file where it needs to be, I don't think it will let you update if it's already up to date)

And then you can safely update your 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr