Should I upgrade?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Dragoon709, Dec 25, 2012.

Dec 25, 2012

Should I upgrade? by Dragoon709 at 9:01 PM (447 Views / 0 Likes) 5 Comments

Dragoon709 New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    I got the 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart 7, and the base firmware is 4.3.0-10 U, it's too new for my Acekard 2i to work (already tried it) but I also can't access the e-Shop. I wanna get Netflix but can't without the update... should I update? I will be getting a DSTwo in a couple of weeks and it'll be preflashed to work with 4.5.0-10 U... so now I'm stuck as to what to do....

Ryupower Brood

Message Count:
    United States
    you can wait
    till you BUY a new flash card to replace the Acekard 2, as no update is coming
    get a supercard DStwo or that R4i gold
    wait till you get it the new card(just in case), update the new card, then update the 3ds

if you have an old ds/ds lite/dsi you can update the 3ds and use the older system to updaqte and play ds games on that till you get the new card

Dragoon709 New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    I am getting a DSTwo and it'll be preflashed to work on 4.5.0-10U so I think I will update then until I get the DSTwo then.
    • Newcomer

Keo-Spin1080 New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    HELL NO BRO!!!

You've no guarantees that the card is pre flashed OR if it'll work. Best to wait until you can confirm eveythings gravy with your own two eyes first.

The way you're playin it is like taking a blind leap of faith. Its all good though if you've a spare ds/dsl/dsi to update your card with.
    • Banned

tysonrss Banned!

Message Count:
    United States
    Don't be so quick to judge. It has been a couple months but they could shell out one more update.

I got my 3DS for christmas and it had an update from July 2011, I wasn't going to update for my flashcart but I wanted to get into the store. Plus I still have my DS so I'm fine as it is.

Anyways, if you're getting the DSTWO, you can udate.

Ron It Begins

Message Count:
    Canada
    Wait till your DSTWO comes, and see if you need to update it (Put the update file where it needs to be, I don't think it will let you update if it's already up to date)

And then you can safely update your 3DS.