Hacking Should I update?

GOT4N

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hello, I've bought FFXV before realizing I need to update my PS4, it's in 3.55 and FFXV requires 4.00, is it worth updating to that firmware considering I'm waiting for a CFW/homebrew method?
Thanks!

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Tbh, Update, there won't be any end user method/backups anytime soon trust me:wink: Either that or grab another console for purely legit use and use the other for exploits (if and when they become available)

However, the said Exploit/Linux that FailOverflow mentioned was up to 4.05 and it was advised to not update past 4.05, so you could grab the 4.05 PUP.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

mhayen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was in the same problem but for vr.vr need 4.00 .i updated to 4.00 and waiting now. at 4.00 your ok for the supposed exploit that is coming till 1.76 no one have release an exploit and all those exploit talking around supposed to work till at least 4.01 so at 4.00 you should be ok i was 3.55 too but i get the 4.00 pup and if in 2 month there is no exploit i ll buy a pro that ill connect, too much to get to be connected, sharing game ,when deal come price not so high. and linux and emulator already have that on other console and pc so it just worth the case if you want to play every game for less money but at the size of the game if your not unlimited download you will pay or wait for your game

Pablo Giambelluca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Update and play FFXV... but be advised that you will play the game while missing a huge 10gb patch. Theoretically you're safe updating to 4.05 but good luck waiting for the exploit going public and people developing the tools after that... the boat has already sailed lots of people and devs updated theirs... if we don't get an update on the exploit before the next big release there will be the same problem that with 1.76... there is an exploit but there is no one to develop things for it.

Reactions: retrofan_k

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Update and play FFXV... but be advised that you will play the game while missing a huge 10gb patch. Theoretically you're safe updating to 4.05 but good luck waiting for the exploit going public and people developing the tools after that... the boat has already sailed lots of people and devs updated theirs... if we don't get an update on the exploit before the next big release there will be the same problem that with 1.76... there is an exploit but there is no one to develop things for it.

Exactly, yet some automatically assume that once they read a Twitter post or a Forum post from a supposedly PS Dev, they expect piracy in the next week or month. The scene is not what is was like 10 years ago or more and plus, lawsuits are always a MAJOR problem now. The PS3 scene is a prime example of that with the likes of Geohot and Kakarako, so people are reluctant to release stuff in case of repercussions.

Pablo Giambelluca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well... Geohot did quite well thanks to the fame he got making the PS3 hack public so I don't think its a good example. I don't know anything about this Kakarako dude :P... another thing that is quite important with PS4 is that it can be quite cheap to buy and play games. Deals + Gameshare + a PSN sub will net you quite a lot of games for little money. As an example I bought a PS4 on christmas and now I got 8 'free' games from plus (except Color Guardians I liked all of them) and I split bought bloodborne+expansion, until dawn, gow3 remastered with a friend for like 20us$... that and I borrowed two more games on disc from another friend; and I live in Argentina, our economy sucks. To make matters worse the PS4 is designed in a way that without internet its really crippled, more so than a playstation 3 ever was. So I don't really think piracy is gonna fly without a spoofer (which is in itself a bigger challenge than making a PS4 run linux or a loader), Sony has some great games on the pipeline and who would have a PS4 to not be able to play Kingdom Hearts 3, Last of Us Part 2 or the new Gods of War?

People could release things anonymously through a paste.bin but... they can't flex their e-peen that way so no one does unless there is drama between devs and revenge become the motivation =/

atomsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you are waiting for backup loaders and stuff like that, it's not gonna happen. You are basically gonna miss out on some amazing games.

Reactions: peteruk
D

Deleted-355425

My pro came with 3.70 i believe, I just updated because mod chips will be out before softmods lol.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat. I'm on 3.55, but I have the metal slime ps4 from Japan, so updating and regretting it later is not something I want. it would be different if I had a normal system.

GOT4N

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Bumping again because there had been more updates, anything new to the scene? I'm currently on 3.55

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Bumping again because there had been more updates, anything new to the scene? I'm currently on 3.55
what updates?
sighax and boot9straps are for 3DS not PS4.
If you really want to play it,you can update to 4.06 and play what ever you want.

Last edited by aos10,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Why asking me about 3DS? I haven't talked about it ^^
I am asking what recent updates are you talking about? Because I've seen multiple one on my tweeter feed asking me about sighax and how to hack PS4 with it,so i assumed you are one of them.

Sorry if i misjudged you.

About the update to the scene,no.

Right now there is no update and they still not released anything.

Last edited by aos10,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone