Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ebay your Wii. You will get more for it than trading it in at EB/Funco/Gamespot/etc. And if you do get a 360 RENT GoW, that thing is really over hyped. I have it and rarely played it on LIVE cause it was soo boring.

James Kudo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ebay your Wii. You will get more for it than trading it in at EB/Funco/Gamespot/etc. And if you do get a 360 RENT GoW, that thing is really over hyped. I have it and rarely played it on LIVE cause it was soo boring.

Oh, I'm trading with a friend for my 360. Unless you think I can get over like, $350 on eBay. >_>

Do you think I could?

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 360 is a great system that keeps getting better while I think harder every day about throwing my Wii in to the ocean.
Make the trade.

senormojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it all depends on what kind of games u like i have a wii modded and a xbox 360 modded have every gam for both systems and i personaly prefer the wii, i prefer spiderman 3 on the wii rather then 360 and games like paper mario catch my eye more then fps. xbox is mostly fps, and imo gears of war was way to over hyped and way to easy even on hardest, beat it in 8 hours, so it all depends on ur preference, and i think u could prob get over $350 for ur wii on ebay, i have seen some wiis just the system go to 300

James Kudo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I get a Premium or an Elite? >_>

I most likely will not be playing on an HDTV a majority of the time (unless it's possible to hook up a 360 to a computer monitor) if that helps. :\

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Should I get a Premium or an Elite? >_>

I most likely will not be playing on an HDTV a majority of the time (unless it's possible to hook up a 360 to a computer monitor) if that helps. :\

What happened to trading with your friend?

And yes, you can hook up the xbox 360 to a Computer monitor (at least I have done with my Acer AL1916W 19" widescreen LCD) you'll need to get a hold of the Xbox 360 VGA cable.

Yellowman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gotta say, sell the Wii if you really want (even though the 360 is a bit overrated IMHO) but do not trade it for a 360 out of warranty. You are asking for trouble!!!

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The 360's future lineup is more appealing to me than the Wii's. Army of two, halo 3, spore, blue dragon, forza 2, shadow run, bioshock, two worlds, devil may cry 4, too human and of course HL 2 orange box, just some of the great games coming out.

these are two really different systems, it all depends on your gaming preference. But I say go with the 360!

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've yet to play a Wii, but one of my best friends just bought one, so I'll probably be playing it tonight
smile.gif

I just got a 360 (on permanent loan from a wealthy friend
bow.gif
) and I'm loving it to pieces. I like the marketplace and the online play a lot. I picked up a bunch of used Xbox games for it for next to nothing, and they look great. So it's nice to be able to play on the cheap.

I think the Wii will progress much like the DS did. First games were nice and the touch screen was pretty cool but seemed tacked on in a lot of games. After about a year though, it found it's place and great stuff started coming out for it that used the touch screen responsibly. I think the Wii will be excellent and a no-brainer in about a year. Hopefully by then the online stuff will bloom and the controllers will be less gimmicky, and the third party companies will have a better fix on it's strengths.

So, Xbox 360 now... and the Wii later.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you can hold out, I would say wait until microsoft changes over to the 65nm chipsets to reduce heat. they have a serious design flaw in the current configuration with the way that the cpu and gpu are heatsinked to the motherboard from underneath via 2 x-shaped metal clips.

the problem with this design that many people (myself included 2x within the past 2 weeks) have encountered is the dreaded "ring of red death" which microsoft reports as a hardware failure. what happens is that everything heats up, the solder on both the cpu and gpu reflows, but then the motherboard flexs and one or both chips lose connection. the system shuts down and the solder resolidifies with the chips not correctly seated against the motherboard any more.

the 360 has a wide variety of great titles, but microsoft's shoddy design (and lack of a fix 18 months after launch) is really hurting it.

additionally, microsoft has been sticking re-worked motherboards into cases [read: refurished] and shipping them out to retailers as *new* systems as well. I was stuck with one of these bastards last week, and it died 2 days after purchase. fingerprints all over the motherboard, sticky pads on the memory chips on the underside and areas with cold solder joint rework were the highlights of a less than stellar experience after opening it up to try and fix it myself.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Basicly what thieves says is right , no 360 until they have fixed those damned problems.

Wii will have better games then there are out now. Just going for GoW is quick fix which you will find regretful after a while (even if you like console FPS).

Some of the better titles of Nintendo are still worth waiting for, keeping your money in your pocket is not something you will have sleepless nights over
smile.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i'd got the the 360. i have both, and the wii is alot of fun, but everyone else is right, games are a little lacking on the wii.

I bought my 360 on launch (nov 2005), but i just recently had the ring. the 360 was out of warranty, but they still fixed it for free, shipped me a box and shipping label, so i had no cost in sending it in. and the games are great, with an awesome list of games to be released....

personally, i play my 360 more than my wii, now that i think about it, i havent played my wii in over a month.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 360 doesn't have anything wrong with it to my knowledge.

Man, this is hard. The Wii has tons of good games coming out for it, but so far I've beaten everything good. The 360 has good games out (since it's been out longer) and has good games coming out for it too.
frown.gif

Plus the Wii has Super Smash Brothers: Brawl...

Gah
Trade I'd say and then get another Wii on when the big hitters come out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr