Gaming Should I play Slime of Children of Mana?

HugeCock

Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I wasn't expected this kick ass early release of Children of Mana and yesterday I started Slime and got to the first save point and am wondering should I continue on Slime or should I say screw it and just start Children of Mana?

jimmy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Dragon Quest Heroes : Rocket Slime I suppose, but can't say that it's 1000 times better !!
lecture.gif

HugeCock

Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I play Children of Mana now....couldn't I play Slime on the slow season? I was kinda wondering which one was better for those who played the Jap versions of both

L

lastdual

From what I played of the import CoM, I would have to agree with the majority of players and critics that Rocket Slime is the better game.

Mana is fun but is basically just a dungeon crawl. Don't expect SD2 or 3.

bionicspider

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The graphics are very lush and full of vibrant color, and the intro. movie is a joy to behold.

As for the game itself, it seems rather linear so far; you can't really wander around the world to explore. It's like you're on a set track, and you can't stray off it. Wielding two weapons at the same time is nice, alternating between A and X, varying your attacks, but the enemies take forever to kill; you just have to keep hacking and slashing away before they finally succumb.

One of the annoying things about C of M is when you get a new weapon or armor in a dungeon; the game won't let you equip them until you finish said dungeon, and you can't equip weapons or armor until you reach a certain level. So you can be carrying around several powerful weapons, but they're useless until you reach a certain level in the game.

I think I need to play it some more to really get into it.

L

lastdual

It's not really similar the Pokemon Dungeon/Fushigi No Dungeon series, more like a linear Mana version of something like Diablo - imagine a Mana game where there isn't much focus on exploration or towns, just dungeons.

fischju_original

I used to be a jerk before i got banned
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dpgdownloads.com
XP
Country
United States
mana, i've gotten 100% on slime and its fun but the first 2 hours with mana beat the 14 with slime

i actually deleted slime off my card for mana.....just backup your saves they are both good games

Moneo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wielding two weapons at the same time is nice, alternating between A and X, varying your attacks
Eventually, you get four weapons. And don't forget spells (but those need to be powered up with the appropriate crystals to stay effective at higher levels).
QUOTEthe enemies take forever to kill; you just have to keep hacking and slashing away before they finally succumb.
Hm, I sense a severe lack of crystal abuse 8)

With the right crystals equipped, pretty much everything in the game goes down in three sword slashes. If that's too long for you, then yes, you should look for a different game 8)

Overall, I'd say CoM is great. Unlike Zelda, you can play very aggressively and get away with it, and being able to send a foe flying some two screens away, bumping into objects and other enemies in the process, is simply priceless.

HugeCock

Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well Slime seems really really easy then again I only just got half way I'd say through level 2....I have to wonder why this wasn't just a GBA game? I loved Secret of Mana however .... really did not like Sword of Mana... looks like I am gonna crank a few more hours into Slime...probally getting around to Children around the official release date....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But sadly that's coming to an end