Should I get an Xbox One or PS4?

Based on the info I wrote, which one should I get?

• Xbox One

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • PS4

Votes: 28 84.8%

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Sony has more first-party devs and they are better. Often japanese devs support Sony platforms exclusively. PS4 is much more powerful.

If you are not Halo fanboy choice is obvious. (Tomb Raider has ~ 6 months of exclusivity, Sunset Overdrive is not MS IP. Kingdom Hearts, No Man's Sky are not PS4 exclusives though).
Sunset Overdrive is an Xbox One exclusive but layta on it might be released on Steam like it's happened with Dead Rising 3 and Ryse.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
And if Sunset Overdrive is a success next game could come to PS4.

Seems like Insomniac Games made a deal with Microsoft to keep Sunset Overdrive an exclusive, but if the game flops (by the looks of it, it's one of XO's most anticipated so not happening) then it'd turn multiplatform (PS4, PC, XO).

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got both, and in my opinion the Xbox One is the better choice at the moment.

Titanfall > Killzone (only my opinion, but reviews would back me up no problems there)
Forza 5 > ??? (All the PS4 currently has is NFS Rivals, which we shall not talk about frankly)
XBO pad > DS4 (though Sony really did catch up this time, it's a lot closer - again, personal opinion)
BF4...well it [mostly] works on the XBO at least, another win :lol:
Second Son? Over rated tosh just like the others in the series if you ask me. Everything else PS4 exclusive of note is just a PS3 remaster... more alarming is a recent Sony statement saying how the sales are going to previous Wii-only customers, so a focus will be more more PS3 remakes *yawn*
...controller aside, this might all change in the next couple of months.

For games the PS4 is starting to catch up, also like has been said multiplat titles are generally better on the PS4 too (though the difference is akin to 360 vs PS3, especially with more recent titles)
If you already have PS Plus, get a PS4. Can't beat 72 free games a year, in addition to free demos and discounts.
[Just like Gold on XBO] They're not exactly AAA releases on the PS4 are they, and Driveclub Plus Edition doesn't fukkin count - it's like Killer Instinct on the XBO, or basically any pay 2 win game: a glorified demo.... but fine point: frankly if you're a subscriber to Plus get a PS4, Gold get a XBO, both? Well get both.... EA Access on XBO is also a worthy purchase (well, the 12 month sub is anyway)

So yeah, my vote would be the Xbox One, but keep saving the pennies for a PS4 eventually too!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how everyone else still feels after E3 2013 but I lost all my respect for Microsoft if they thought they were going to try all that BS and get away with it...

Maybe they can buy my respect back with some good games that arnt fps :lol:

my vote for PS4

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Not sure how everyone else still feels after E3 2013 but I lost all my respect for Microsoft if they thought they were going to try all that BS and get away with it...

Maybe they can buy my respect back with some good games that arnt fps :lol:

my vote for PS4

You've held a grudge against a monolithic company for over a year because of a single conference presentation?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Going by the list you've compiled, I'd strongly vote for PS4 (and keep your xbox360). I own neither, but that is also my personal opinion.

-company loyalty is stupid, if you ask me. It's not because they were your favorite in the past that you should be obliged to buy their stuff now.
-the bragging rights...leaving my personal opinion on that aside, you can still keep your 360. No doubt there'll be plenty of games you haven't played, so you can get achievements on those.
-how is that 'cloud' a point for the xbone? Doesn't PS4 has a similar thing?
-you already have PS+. That means you already have a collection of PS4 games pretty much from the get-go.
-you prefer the PS4 exclusives over the xbone exclusives.

The only real argument that holds a value, IMO, is the controller. No matter how you slice it, that IS an important factor. If it wasn't for the above arguments (which, combined, form a stronger argument...again: in my opinion), I'd say "go for the xbone". But as it stands, it's no real competition: you want a PS4 over an xbone. :)

Reactions: EZ-Megaman and R2DJ

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Going by the list you've compiled, I'd strongly vote for PS4 (and keep your xbox360). I own neither, but that is also my personal opinion.

-company loyalty is stupid, if you ask me. It's not because they were your favorite in the past that you should be obliged to buy their stuff now.
-the bragging rights...leaving my personal opinion on that aside, you can still keep your 360. No doubt there'll be plenty of games you haven't played, so you can get achievements on those.
-how is that 'cloud' a point for the xbone? Doesn't PS4 has a similar thing?
-you already have PS+. That means you already have a collection of PS4 games pretty much from the get-go.
-you prefer the PS4 exclusives over the xbone exclusives.

The only real argument that holds a value, IMO, is the controller. No matter how you slice it, that IS an important factor. If it wasn't for the above arguments (which, combined, form a stronger argument...again: in my opinion), I'd say "go for the xbone". But as it stands, it's no real competition: you want a PS4 over an xbone. :)

Best reply yet! You've got strong points there.

- Good point on the PS+ library. Although I've only downloaded PS4 games since July 2014 so that's only about 1-3 PS4 games so far. Bummer that Microsoft doesn't let me download Xbox One games at Xbox.com
- With DirectX12 on the horizon, it could mean better graphics for games going forward. I'm not expecting a drastic improvement. As for the cloud, they announced this 'power of the cloud' that could "improve graphics up to 32x". For some reason, I just think that THAT is their secret weapon that can turn the table upside-down. I'm not referring to the Gaikai cloud. Speaking of Gaikai, Sony may just do something with Gaikai that involves graphics and/or hardware capability improvement as well
- Like I said, I was 100% going with PS4 since E3 last year, but lately with the rolling updates and slow recovery since MS's E3 fiasco, it's a good thing that they're listening to the customers. Maybe the reason I kinda want the Xbone is that I'm "rooting for the underdog"?

Clearly, PS4 has won by a landslide so this is definitely a factor for my decision. Thanks guys!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Buy an Xbone, because you get the Xbox Plus service, Xbox Now service, 1080p/60FPS gaming, Remote Play with your Nokia Lumia smartphone, possible exclusives like Silent Hills and exclusives like Uncharted 4, The Last of US Remastered and not to mention the sexy look.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The systems are pretty close to each other in terms of features and horsepower. The PS4 is obviously the beefier system and it has PSPlus benefits, but the Xbox One has a bit more robust multimedia features, an HDMI In and Games for Gold. I'd say the choice between the two should be made on the basis of exclusives.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Best reply yet! You've got strong points there.

- Good point on the PS+ library. Although I've only downloaded PS4 games since July 2014 so that's only about 1-3 PS4 games so far. Bummer that Microsoft doesn't let me download Xbox One games at Xbox.com
- With DirectX12 on the horizon, it could mean better graphics for games going forward. I'm not expecting a drastic improvement. As for the cloud, they announced this 'power of the cloud' that could "improve graphics up to 32x". For some reason, I just think that THAT is their secret weapon that can turn the table upside-down. I'm not referring to the Gaikai cloud. Speaking of Gaikai, Sony may just do something with Gaikai that involves graphics and/or hardware capability improvement as well
- Like I said, I was 100% going with PS4 since E3 last year, but lately with the rolling updates and slow recovery since MS's E3 fiasco, it's a good thing that they're listening to the customers. Maybe the reason I kinda want the Xbone is that I'm "rooting for the underdog"?

Clearly, PS4 has won by a landslide so this is definitely a factor for my decision. Thanks guys!

-still 1-3 games more than MS lets you download.
-so? it's not like games will look dramatically better all of the sudden, and it won't impact the games already available. Also keep in mind that this "they" who are talking are MS salesmen. Even if the image gets 32 times as sharp doesn't mean it'll become 32 times better. They're not selling facts (even though it may appear so). They're selling factoids that and subjective information on software rendering. They can just as well claim "it COULD do your laundry while you are gaming". With the 'could' not being a promise, so nobody can complain if you still have to do your own laundry.
-no...it's a NORMAL thing that they listen to the customers. Let's say MS's E3 2013 never happened...what GOOD things did they actually announced? The answer: IMO pretty much nothing. It's an average console that arrived fucking late in a whole lot of countries and used to ship with a gimmick movement system that no decent game used in the first place. And...no offense, but even with all the shit microsoft did to themselves, you really can't call them an 'underdog'. Try the ouya or the wiiu if you want to support some underdog. Or the vita, for that matter.

But meh...you've made your choice. Good for you, but I gotta say I find this sort of arguments strange. I mean...sure, there are a lot of nintendo fanboys here, but I rarely saw someone claim they wanted to support the wiiu "because the wii sold incredibly well". Or that they managed to make a better console than their terrible marketing led to believe. :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off