astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, I was an early adopter of the original 3DS, and felt that there wasn't enough of a games library to actually make it worthwhile. I ended up selling my system, and then rebuying it for Pokemon, and then I never upgraded to the 3DS XL when it came out. (Because we all know that Nintendo loves releasing new versions of their hardware and annoying the piss out of early adopters.)

I just picked up a used 3DS XL (the Link Between Worlds one), and ended up doing a system transfer to the system. I'm happy enough with the 3DS XL but I feel like I would love to play Xenoblade Chronicles and other games - like VC SNES titles (Earthbound, anyone?).

Pros:
- quite cheap on the used market (already? Wow, people have no patience for this.)
- Xenoblade Chronicles/VC SNES titles
- able to put AuReiNAND and A9LH as usual on it
- video streaming through software; something I wanted on the 3DS for a long time

Cons:
- I can use emulators to run most SNES titles
- $280 for the system is still a lot of money to invest in it
- no support for N3DS only games - only Xenoblade and Hyrule Warriors Legends actually benefit from it
- the NX will be out "soon" - why upgrade to something that already has no support/developers?
- I don't need or want the amiibo functionality

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was an early adopter of the original 3DS, and felt that there wasn't enough of a games library to actually make it worthwhile. I ended up selling my system, and then rebuying it for Pokemon, and then I never upgraded to the 3DS XL when it came out. (Because we all know that Nintendo loves releasing new versions of their hardware and annoying the piss out of early adopters.)

I just picked up a used 3DS XL (the Link Between Worlds one), and ended up doing a system transfer to the system. I'm happy enough with the 3DS XL but I feel like I would love to play Xenoblade Chronicles and other games - like VC SNES titles (Earthbound, anyone?).

Pros:
- quite cheap on the used market (already? Wow, people have no patience for this.)
- Xenoblade Chronicles/VC SNES titles
- able to put AuReiNAND and A9LH as usual on it
- video streaming through software; something I wanted on the 3DS for a long time

Cons:
- I can use emulators to run most SNES titles
- $280 for the system is still a lot of money to invest in it
- no support for N3DS only games - only Xenoblade and Hyrule Warriors Legends actually benefit from it
- the NX will be out "soon" - why upgrade to something that already has no support/developers?
- I don't need or want the amiibo functionality
$280? Where the hell are you buying from its like $170-$180 online

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad I got one, but was it needed? Not really. Some times I even miss my circle pad pro...
It does make a few games run better though and its nice to not have to carry a CPP around when playing Majora's mask or monster hunter. Xenoblade rules though. I'm pretty sure DQ VIII is an exclusive aswell.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Why not just buy on Ebay?

I've been burned by bad sellers on ebay, plus Paypal is a pain and a half. If I buy online, it's mostly Amazon (and not 3rd party sellers).

Looks like someone is selling a Japanese blue one on my local classified adverts, plus MHX. I might pick up MHX, but I don't want to spoil the Western release for myself.

Last edited by astrangeone,
Reactions: Raylight

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been burned by bad sellers on ebay, plus Paypal is a pain and a half. If I buy online, it's mostly Amazon (and not 3rd party sellers).

Looks like someone is selling a Japanese blue one on my local classified adverts, plus MHX. I might pick up MHX, but I don't want to spoil the Western release for myself.
Ill never understand how people get ripped off on Ebay especially since your using paypal.

Reactions: proflayton123

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ill never understand how people get ripped off on Ebay especially since your using paypal.

I didn't, but I had to waste a lot of brain cells dealing with the issue. I rather not buy on ebay, if I can help it.

I know you sell systems on ebay, so you are exempted. There are a lot of asshats out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM