Should I get a Psp 1000, 2000 or 3000?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SixSenseEagle, Nov 4, 2012.

Nov 4, 2012

SixSenseEagle Guest

Warning level ():
    Which psp model should I get?, and which one last for a long time for gameplay, and can easily get modded?.

I had a psp 1000 long ago back when it came out, but I lost it. Now I been thinking of getting one for a while, but Idk which model will last long. I'm looking for a good model that can last for at least 4 or 5 hours, and also hackable :).
    Last edited by SixSenseEagle, Nov 4, 2012

porkiewpyne Report-er

Message Count:
    Australia
    From what I can remember, all 3 can be hacked relatively easily. I myself have a 3000. So I'd vouch for that. Not exactly too sure how long the battery lasts though because I had not actually finished the battery in one sitting.
    SixSenseEagle likes this.

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Message Count:
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    All of them can be modded with the same ease nowadays, but the 2000 is the safest (as you can downgrade all of them to 6.20 for a permanent hack).

Arras I will be your hexahedron today

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    1000 Pros
    -Infrared port
    -Recoverable if you brick it
    -Bigger (I prefer the feel of it)

-Might be recoverable if you brick it depending on the motherboard (only earlier models)
    -Has extra RAM that can be used for some homebrew
    -Lighter and thinner
    -I think it has a better screen but not sure
    -Can output to TV if you buy the proper cable

-Not recoverable if you brick (still, bricking is very hard to do unless you do something stupid)
    -Same pros as 2000
    -Better screen than the 2000

I think that's about it, but I have only owned a 1000 so you shouldn't take my word for it.

Edit: I'm not sure about battery life, but you can probably buy a more powerful battery.
    Last edited by Arras, Nov 4, 2012
    • Reporter

Foxi4 ...

Message Count:
    Poland
    There's no good reason to buy the 1000 outside of its collector's value - it has only 32 MB RAM, which means that you will find yourself unable to use High Memory Mod. The PSP 2000 and 3000 are infinitely better and the IR port was never really used to an extent that would validate getting an overall inferior handheld. (Well, except for the keyboard mod, but it worked only with specific keyboards and it was rather clunky.)

AngryGreek766 New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    3000 or the PSP GO... The go is actually quite nice if your using cfw

steveroo New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    i own a 1000 and 2000

i didn't notice a big deal between loading time with a 1000 and 2000 with backed up games. the feel of the 1000 does feel better when playing games; feels sturdy, a genuine game machine.1000 doesn't play some cps1 cps2 games as a 2000 will. video output; the 2000 will play your videos full screen, games/emulators only 3/4 of your tv will play your games.
    Last edited by steveroo, Dec 16, 2012
    • Former Staff

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Message Count:
    Colombia
    if you are worried about bricking and unbricking then you already answered your question.

i think you should be asking yourself how much you are willing to spend. if you can afford $129 then buy a brand new 3000 and hack it. if you can't then look for a used model. going used means you may run into button issues, nub issues, screen scratches, cracked UMD doors, etc. check youtube for some vids that will show you the screen differences between the 3 models.

i like everything about the 3000 except for the squeaky plastic direction pad and the plastic shoulder buttons. i've never used an earlier psp so i've no idea if they were different. the temporary hack isn't a big deal at all. if you power off then you need to run the hack recovery, which takes all of 8 seconds to "re-hack" the system. i usually just leave mine in sleep mode, sometimes for up to 2 weeks.

-another world
    • Newcomer

lonewolf89 New Member

Message Count:
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    get the 3000 just don't do anything stupid and you should be fine