Gaming Should I delete the Wii Internet Browser?

UltraDolphinRevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The Wii Internet Browser is very bad (funny fact: when my PC broke in 2011 it was the only way I could use the internet). Can I just delete it? Does it have any relevance for homebrew?
I can't access the Eshop channel, so I couldn't re-download it after deleting.

TheRenegadist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd keep it on in case you ever want it back in the future, no telling if you'll be able to get it back once you delete it.

TheRenegadist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my mistake, i swear i seen an annoucement about the wii and dsi shop being shutted down and a warning to people download their bought stuff before it's gone
Well, I can definitely get on but I haven't tried downloading anything as of late. The channel might work but downloading anything on there might not.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Shop Channel is not shut down. Only the Nintendo WFC servers were discontinued. You can still make purchases and download old ones.

Reactions: Procyon

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
my mistake, i swear i seen an annoucement about the wii and dsi shop being shutted down and a warning to people download their bought stuff before it's gone
That announcement was for the DSi Shop only. The Wii Shop Channel is still up.

D

Deleted User

You should be able to download a .wad file if you ever want to re-install it. But if your PC fucks up then you'll have to ask a friend to download the .wad file for you.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some (ie two or three) Wii homebrews use the internet channel, however they're clearly marked (in fact the most popular one was a forwarder to specific websites) and of course Opera is not a required channel for the proper operation of the system (neither is anything else that appears as a channel on the launcher)

honda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in europe shop channel is not working!!!
also i install internet browser by WAD method and its not working either it want connect to WFC !!!
what to do?
how to get EU SHOP < INET BROWSER AND YOUTUBE channels working for pal wii? HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

UltraDolphinRevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sorry I can't help you but my internet browser (prior to deleting it) didn't want to connect to WFC.
However, it was so slow and bad (displaying anything, even youtube) that I didn't want it anymore.
The Eshop channel in Europe seems to still work. At least when using my non-hombrew Wii U in Wii mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)