KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
ehhh...that is a problem ... me too cannot understand your laws ... ;) ... :(

another alternative is looking on asian sites they often sell the US version of the console...maybe importing from asia and not from US or Europe have lower taxes...
What I am thinking as of now is getting a Wii now and use it plus my 3ds to pass time till NX and then buy NX in March.. So, do you think it is a good idea?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wait for NX, as you'll be wasting money if the NX ends up having BC from the go.

If you really want to play the games available only for the Wii U, then have at it. It does have good games on it now, but don't expect anything worthwhile to pop up on it anymore as most announced titles seem to be made into Wii U/NX multi plat releases.

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Wait for NX, as you'll be wasting money if the NX ends up having BC from the go.

If you really want to play the games available only for the Wii U, then have at it. It does have good games on it now, but don't expect anything worthwhile to pop up on it anymore as most announced titles seem to be made into Wii U/NX multi plat releases.
BC?

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

NX will be not Retro-Compatible
they will not be using IBM cpus anymore.

also they must keep the price lower to compete with nPS4 and X1Elite.
Backward Compatibility will be sacrificed this time .

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
NX will be not Retro-Compatible
they will not be using IBM cpus anymore.

also they must keep the price lower to compete with nPS4 and X1Elite.
Backward Compatibility will be sacrificed this time .
You do understand that the Wii U CPU architecture is not that recent? In some cases it can be regarded as a Wii CPU on steroids. If the rumours from AMD are true, it will use an similar setup as the PS4/XB1, which would suggest a nice boost in both CPU and GPU capabilities. But alas, we don't know much yet so not much is lost or gained at this point by doing either or.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, I'd probably say go for it. It has some fun games, that and the kexploit for 5.5 might be released this weekend.

The obvious answer is go for both. I bought my Wii U two weeks ago. I'm already starting to save up for the NX. I mean we're still 11 months away from the release. You have enough time.

Reactions: KJ1

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You do understand that the Wii U CPU architecture is not that recent? In some cases it can be regarded as a Wii CPU on steroids. If the rumours from AMD are true, it will use an similar setup as the PS4/XB1, which would suggest a nice boost in both CPU and GPU capabilities. But alas, we don't know much yet so not much is lost or gained at this point by doing either or.

you do not understand that BC has a cost. (ask X1)
you do not understand that while they started with the idea on putting gamecube games on wiiu VC that ended on producing some remakes to get a more lucrative full price .
you do not understand
so since you have to give an advice now and you do not know any fact (not rumors ,facts) that assure you on BC presence on NX the only advice that has less risk and more value for him is to look for a second hand solution since NX in his country (india) probably will cost really a lot on launch to play a mario maker that is what he would like to play.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suggest you wait until the release of NX because then the price of the Wii U drops incredibly. NX will still be expensive as hell. Seeing as you mostly want wii/gamecube games, you're fine with the wii u. We don't really know much about the NX just yet.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you do not understand that BC has a cost. (ask X1)
you do not understand that while they started with the idea on putting gamecube games on wiiu VC that ended on producing some remakes to get a more lucrative full price .
you do not understand
so since you have to give an advice now and you do not know any fact (not rumors ,facts) that assure you on BC presence on NX the only advice that has less risk and more value for him is to look for a second hand solution since NX in his country (india) probably will cost really a lot on launch to play a mario maker that is what he would like to play.
I kind of don't understand what I should be understanding. You kind of missed the point. I'm not saying that Nintendo should add a separate PowerPC chip into the thing, but instead as we do not know what the thing will be (as you yourself said, facts).

But regardless of you ignoring the actual fact of the Wii U architecture being relatively old, you also ignored the final line I said. @KJ1 won't miss anything by waiting, but he will not miss anything by buying it now either. If he gets a good deal on the Wii U + Mario Maker, why not. If not, the 3DS has more than enough to offer for the time being between now and the 1+ year wait for the NX release, which by itself will lower the price of the Wii U in the second hand market (and possibly new consoles too, depending on the launch price of the NX). I know my Wii U has paid its costs by now if I compare the investment price to the hours per $ I paid. Easily beats going to the movies or many other options.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
same here for me...

start a dialogue with "you do not understand" ...
Far from it. I said "You do understand". This was a comment regarding the architecture of the chip and what it entails. If it wouldn't matter, we would not be able to see emulators capable of launching Wii U games, when the PS4 and Xbox One games are still tightly restricted to their respective consoles. If the NX pushed a good chip with more power compared to the Wii and even the Wii U, we do not know what will be possible. Saying "they will sacrifice BC" is the same as saying Microsoft will not be able to make the Xbox One play 360 games. How did that turn out?

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Far from it. I said "You do understand". This was a comment regarding the architecture of the chip and what it entails. If it wouldn't matter, we would not be able to see emulators capable of launching Wii U games, when the PS4 and Xbox One games are still tightly restricted to their respective consoles. If the NX pushed a good chip with more power compared to the Wii and even the Wii U, we do not know what will be possible. Saying "they will sacrifice BC" is the same as saying Microsoft will not be able to make the Xbox One play 360 games. How did that turn out?
How did that turn out exactly? Sorry, I don't know about it! :)
And, about your previous post, your words are kinda remarking! ^_^

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How did that turn out exactly? Sorry, I don't know about it! :)
And, about your previous post, your words are kinda remarking! ^_^
Microsoft has made the Xbox One compatible with certain Xbox 360 games contrary to many saying it was impossible. New games are added every now and then as they add the patches needed to make the systems compatible. And they also changed from an IBM based CPU (Xbox 360) to an AMD made APU (Xbox One), which will most likely be the case also for the Wii U to NX transformation. So anything is possible at the moment, which is why I recommend thinking about your own situation and whether the Wii U has more to offer than the current list of consoles you own :)

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Microsoft has made the Xbox One compatible with certain Xbox 360 games contrary to many saying it was impossible. New games are added every now and then as they add the patches needed to make the systems compatible. And they also changed from an IBM based CPU (Xbox 360) to an AMD made APU (Xbox One), which will most likely be the case also for the Wii U to NX transformation. So anything is possible at the moment, which is why I recommend thinking about your own situation and whether the Wii U has more to offer than the current list of consoles you own :)
Okay man, thank you really very much! :D ^_^ I guess I will wait for the NX! Till then can you recommend me some good 3ds game through PM if possible? ^_^

D

Deleted User

Okay man, thank you really very much! :D ^_^ I guess I will wait for the NX! Till then can you recommend me some good 3ds game through PM if possible? ^_^
Ok. Sorry for being late. What nintendo franchises you play? If you play zelda, first complete the 3ds games(majora, ocarina, triforce, albw) then buy the oldest wii and hack it. Cheap console and great games. If you play mario, same. The 3ds library is pretty big, so dont worry about no games for the next whole year. The wii has even bigger library and its really cheep from second hands.wii U has lot of wii remakes(with little better graphics), mario maker and mario cart 8. Those are the only reasons to buy it, and as you can see its not much....
So good games you seek? Look no further...
1. Fire emblem franchise(all games)
2. Shin megami tensei IV and Persona games
3. Zelda(played majora mask, lot of well spent time...) the list is above, and AFAIK new game coming out to 3ds, so...
4. Bravely default+second
5. Luigi mansion 1+2
6. Mario and luigi dream team and paper jam
7. Pokemon ORAS(verry fun, not as childish as it sounds...)
8. For N3DS- binding of isaac rebirth. Huge fun, Huge amount of good time
9. Smash Bros., even if you dont usualy like fighting games
10. Mario Kart if its your thing...

Its not a top 10 list, but some diffrent types of games which are really fun and very long(60+ hours, zelda and pokemon are 80+). Try some of them and if you enjoy ask me in pm for more.(I enjoyed majora mask the most of this list BTW, so be sure to check it out)

So I say dont buy wii u at any cost. 3ds+wii is enough( even 3ds alone..)

EDIT- ah and if 3ds and wii are somehow not enough for ya, play the gamecube on wii. Same price, more games... both wii and GC are great consoles so be sure to buy the wii (1+1)

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?