Hacking Should I buy this R4?

ThunderbInazuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello GBA Temp.

So, a friend of mine, which has a DS Lite is planning to buy a R4. I've been searching which one is the best and I found this one: R4i Gold 3DS Wood ( http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/23-wood-r4i-gold-3ds.html#/microsd-no_sd_card ).

However, he found these tow: R4I Gold Pro ( http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/9-r4-gold-pro-.html ) and this one ACE3DS Plus (http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/21-ace3ds-plus.html ).

So, the question is: Is there any differences that compensates to buy the first one in spite of those two? And between those last two?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english. Also, if I can't post those links, plz tell me to remove them! :-D

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no way man, that card has timebomb. support is horrible, and the r4i has also wood support.
That is incorrect. The R4i Gold 3DS marked r4ids.cn is one of the better choices and is definitely not one of the cards with a time bomb.

I think the one you are suggesting might be the brand with time bombs actually.

Last edited by Glyptofane,

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it ain't i've got one, and it's cheaper... works with wood, and is compitable with the 3ds twrl hack. so works on about all systems, just some need a manual.

ThunderbInazuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it ain't i've got one, and it's cheaper... works with wood, and is compitable with the 3ds twrl hack. so works on about all systems, just some need a manual.
That is incorrect. The R4i Gold 3DS marked r4ids.cn is one of the better choices and is definitely not one of the cards with a time bomb.

I think the one you are suggesting might be the brand with time bombs actually.
Well, it doesn't really matter if it works on the 3DS since he doesn't plan to buy one and I have one that works on my 3ds. So, between the ones that you told me, what is the truly one that is a Time Bomb?

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a yellow r4 gold card i used to have has it, every year it claims to be out of date and needs new firmware, while the company that made the card is no more. there are 2 options for those having a timebomb card: format the sd-card and reinstall complete, and redo tha last fw upgrade, or you'll set back the DS date for a year... depending on the card with timebomb one of these do the trick... all cards work on DS, most work on latest DSi and www.R4isdhc.com 2016 version is working with at least 3 brands of of firmware and kernel. so i'm sure it works for all systems for now, though it needs twrl hack with latest fw of 3ds.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4isdhc.com cards are clones of r4i-sdhc.com cards apparently and used time bombs up till the 2014 versions. I wouldn't bother with this brand, but it's up to you. I'm surprised no one else has chimed in, but R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn is generally the recommended flashcart around this forum if you search out some previous and similar threads.

ThunderbInazuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
a yellow r4 gold card i used to have has it, every year it claims to be out of date and needs new firmware, while the company that made the card is no more. there are 2 options for those having a timebomb card: format the sd-card and reinstall complete, and redo tha last fw upgrade, or you'll set back the DS date for a year... depending on the card with timebomb one of these do the trick... all cards work on DS, most work on latest DSi and www.R4isdhc.com 2016 version is working with at least 3 brands of of firmware and kernel. so i'm sure it works for all systems for now, though it needs twrl hack with latest fw of 3ds.

r4isdhc.com cards are clones of r4i-sdhc.com cards apparently and used time bombs up till the 2014 versions. I wouldn't bother with this brand, but it's up to you. I'm surprised no one else has chimed in, but R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn is generally the recommended flashcart around this forum if you search out some previous and similar threads.

Ok, thanks. While I talked to him, he said that it really doesn't matter if it isn't original or if he need to set back the DS date a Year. So, he decided to buy this one ( http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/58-r4-gold-pro-.html ) beacuse it is cheaper.

Thanks for helping me/him. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn