Gaming Should I buy Pokemon OS/OM?

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first ever Pokemon game was Pokemon Pearl, and I absolutely LOVED it. My second Pokemon game was Pokemon Black, and I loved that even better! But after I've completed Pokemon Black, and saw the upcoming Pokemon X & Y for 3DS, I sorta just went "eh". I guess I didnt like the new 3D models. When AS & OR came out, I went "what...?". I never fully understood how those new mechanics worked, so I abandoned Pokemon games until today, US & UM just came out. I've seen the trailers and previews, but, from a guy who is a fan of the "classic" Pokemon games, should I buy this "new" game, and is it right for me?

Last edited by ToonGoomba,

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess you mean Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon....US/UM....
But yeah, Sun and Moon were great, give them a chance

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll hijack your thread a little. My opinion: Buy it, these games are really worth it and you get free dlc (I'm talking about dio ventos Rom hacks :) )

My question would be this: I remember with x and y if you switched the 3ds System the friendsafari was completely lost, so switching systems was not without penalty, but is it still the same with Ultra Sun/Moon ? I have one that has nothing registered on it, but has an IPS panel and I bought a Ultra moon cart, so for stuff not requiring online are there any features that depend on the 3ds System itself?

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I started playing it, it felt like it was a fangame or a bad joke, because in the first hour or so nothing differed between moon and ultra moon.
Maybe something else will happen at a later point, I stopped playing it for now as I don't feel like wasting my time for just a few hours of original content, selling it at full price is also unacceptible.

D

Deleted User

When I started playing it, it felt like it was a fangame or a bad joke, because in the first hour or so nothing differed between moon and ultra moon.
Maybe something else will happen at a later point, I stopped playing it for now as I don't feel like wasting my time for just a few hours of original content, selling it at full price is also unacceptible.
should've been dlc

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
It depends on what you do in one hour. Do you try to speedrun it, withouth noticing any details? For example
Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio are got because they came to rescue you from wild pokèmons instead of having you pick them in the village. The bridge scene is a bit different. more flowers. ultra recon squad. Ultra Beast Sticky/peipole already on second island, and many more things

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want another classic 2D sprite Pokemon. I had a dream that i actually had Pokemon pearl remastered into HD, full screen, on my 3DS. Yeah, my 3DS was HD. HDS?? Bound to happen next year

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Filo97 The only thing I noticed were those ridiculous stickers one has to collect now and that they are locked behind items like the fishing rod to stretch playing time/time spent with new content.
And they made team skull even more laughable because they steal stickers from kids because they were to bad to accomplish something during the course of their entire life a kid would spend 20 hours to accomplish.

Reactions: AyanamiRei
D

Deleted User

I just want another classic 2D sprite Pokemon. I had a dream that i actually had Pokemon pearl remastered into HD, full screen, on my 3DS. Yeah, my 3DS was HD. HDS?? Bound to happen next year
pkm diamond was better!
would you rather control time or space?

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Filo97 The only thing I noticed were those ridiculous stickers one has to collect now and that they are locked behind items like the fishing rod to stretch playing time/time spent with new content.
And they made team skull even more laughable because they steal stickers from kids because they were to bad to accomplish something during the course of their entire life a kid would spend 20 hours to accomplish.
"Hey look, another Pokem
Why not both? (That's me everytime i have to choose a pokèmon game)
Not with platinum...
I actually had platinum for a very short time, but lost it in the ocean. long story.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you guys actually know why Game Freak makes two(or three) versions of Pokemon games?

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

People are pretty split on the original S/M, though. Some complain that the game is too railroaded, and that there aren't enough opportunities for exploration (compared to games like GSC, or, heck, even RSE and DPPt). If that isn't a dealbreaker for you, then US/UM could be enjoyable, as they're essentially the same games with more content (a la Emerald or Platinum).

What disappoints me a bit about the games, however, is that GF is still pulling the third-version schtick that they've been doing since Gen I, even though DLC exists and is a viable option on the 3DS.

They've also been dishonest about the games, to an extent; a lot of people weren't sure if these were full-on sequels like B2W2 or just two separate third versions, leaving everyone in the dark until the game was finally leaked. GF seems to have gotten somewhat lazy in recent years. I know, there's the issue of having to deal with 3D Pokemon models and stuff, but still.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I didnt like gen 5 trailers when they came out, didnt buy it but after a lot of years i decided to give it a chance and i love it, then got my O3DS and played all the games for it (Oras, XY, now Monn/Ultra Sun) and i can tell you, they are all Pokemon. Is the same. If you like Pokemon, you would like this game.

Times change, forget nostalgia. If you want that, play Platinum again (I always start a new Platinum save, my favorite game). Next gen would be even more graphical, thats the way things go, but the game is the same and is fun.

US/UM has a lot of content, way more than S/M, give it a try (if you have the money, of course) and as a good gbatemp user, i would recommend to install a CFW so you dont have to pay for it and get it when you want.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What the heck is that emote SylverReZ using?