Hacking Should I be running my backups through abgx360 before playing them through xkey?

Darkipod

SELL ME GBA FLASH CART
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well time is money, but most hackers seem to have lots of time, so thats how it goes. This gen of conoles really did a ton to combat any sort of homebrew or backups.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well time is money, but most hackers seem to have lots of time, so thats how it goes. This gen of conoles really did a ton to combat any sort of homebrew or backups.

So did the old Xbox.
So did the PS2
So didn't the GCN

Firmware updates basically combat piracy and homebrew.
If Sega/MS/Sony would allow homebrewers to make their programs (Sony did) then the consoles wouldn't be hacked.

Perfect example is the PS3.

Darkipod

SELL ME GBA FLASH CART
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well xbox wasnt all that hard, team eXecuter did a real nice job on that, and then later on the soft mod via hd swap was pretty easy. And PS2 had the HD loader for the top loading ps2's and that was pretty easy, GC was not something I know about, but there were mod chips. Ps3, and 360 on the other hand have really been locked down unless you want your console banned.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well xbox wasnt all that hard, team eXecuter did a real nice job on that, and then later on the soft mod via hd swap was pretty easy. And PS2 had the HD loader for the top loading ps2's and that was pretty easy, GC was not something I know about, but there were mod chips. Ps3, and 360 on the other hand have really been locked down unless you want your console banned.

Ehhh...
No.

TX didn't hack the 360 originally.
They just made the tools needed to hack it.

360 can be put into a Dual NAND mode so you could access Live and have it hardware hacked.
DVD flash and Xkeys are safe for Live.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you need to patch your backups if you have ripped them yourself and know they're 1:1?

I'm curious because I've ordered all of the gubbins to do it myself, including the Xecuter v2 or whatever the hell it is, and a Liteon DG-16D4S and its control board. According to the Xbox Backup Creator readme, this drive should allow me to rip all of the data from any disk, no matter the AP.

P.S. - Related to topic, I would NEVER trust rips I've downloaded online. I've actually made a hobby of collecting the original unmodified rips/dumps from all of the systems I own (for preservation purposes - I never actually get around to playing the damn things), and I've found that the number of dumps you download that are actually truly unmodified and not totally fucked is easily <50%. It's really a problem for a completionist like me.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Really now? i thought they had a ban wave happen long time ago that put people away from DVD flashing... Neat, I may have to attempt to hack a 360.

Last banwave related to DVD drive flashing was in 2009
These days it's only the AP 2.5 trigger failures that ban you.
Well.. and boasting about your hacked 360 online (happened a few times)

Do you need to patch your backups if you have ripped them yourself and know they're 1:1?

I'm curious because I've ordered all of the gubbins to do it myself, including the Xecuter v2 or whatever the hell it is, and a Liteon DG-16D4S and its control board. According to the Xbox Backup Creator readme, this drive should allow me to rip all of the data from any disk, no matter the AP.

P.S. - Related to topic, I would NEVER trust rips I've downloaded online. I've actually made a hobby of collecting the original unmodified rips/dumps from all of the systems I own (for preservation purposes - I never actually get around to playing the damn things), and I've found that the number of dumps you download that are actually truly unmodified and not totally fucked is easily <50%. It's really a problem for a completionist like me.

Yes.
Patch everyting, even backups you made yourself.
AP2.5 data needs to be patched on XGD3 games ;]

360 ISO's can't be modified (data wise)
So their all clean, if not, run them through ABGX to check if their clear ;]

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually don't worry about it because the uploader generally runs it through abgx before upload, but like others have said it's good to do it just to be safe.

Reactions: DinohScene

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One thing I learned when I did all my games a while back is that I thought if ABGX came back that no verified data exists for a game I was trying to check, then it was best to try and get it from somewhere else. What I didnt realise is that as long as everything comes up green and the CRC is fine, then its good to go anyway regardless of what that warning says. And to think I went on the hunt for the rarest of ISOs as well when I didnt need to...sigh!

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I learned when I did all my games a while back is that I thought if ABGX came back that no verified data exists for a game I was trying to check, then it was best to try and get it from somewhere else. What I didnt realise is that as long as everything comes up green and the CRC is fine, then its good to go anyway regardless of what that warning says. And to think I went on the hunt for the rarest of ISOs as well when I didnt need to...sigh!

Usually you're suppose to set it to level 3 or something when it does that I cant remember its been a while since I used it

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The AutoFix is for stealth related things.

SplitVid (as stealth) isn't used anymore since iXtreme 1.6 iirc so it comes up as a yellow warning in the latest ABGX ;]

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
Patch everyting, even backups you made yourself.
AP2.5 data needs to be patched on XGD3 games ;]

360 ISO's can't be modified (data wise)
So their all clean, if not, run them through ABGX to check if their clear ;]

But according to the readme in XBC:

Code:
        Drive                           SS   XGD3    AP25     DRT
        -------------------------------------------------------------
        Samsung TS-H943A                1       2       3       N
        Phillips BenQ VAD6038           1       2       Y       N
        Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:32         Y       Y       N       Y
        Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:36         Y       Y       N       Y
        Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:40         Y       Y       N       Y
        Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:46         Y       Y       N       Y
        Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:47         Y       Y       N       Y
        Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:59         Y       Y       N       Y
        Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:78         Y       Y       Y       Y
        Hitachi GDR-3120L fw:79         Y       Y       Y       Y
        Hitachi DL10N                   Y       Y       Y       Y
        Liteon DG-16D2S                 1       2       Y       N
        Liteon DG-16D4S                 Y       Y       Y       Y
        Liteon DG-16D5S         *Not supported yet because Auth is different

1 = The OEM SS is not fully compliant with iXtreme, use abgx to fix
        2 = Firmware must be XGD3 flashed (post 13141)
        3 = Firmware must be XGD3 flashed (post 13141) Uses non-MS method
        Y = Yes
        N = No

Shouldn't my Liteon DG-16D4S get it all?

In either case, I will know soon enough. Probably run them all through ABGX anyway to verify the dumps.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
AP 2.5 sector is the only thing that gets patched these days.
SplitVid isn't touched anymore.

And the AP 2.5 sector used to be patched with responses per dash.
Now that MS can change the DAE table (AP 2.5 challanges) whenever they want, C4eva released a way to completely patch the AP2.5 sector in order to let it appear as a legit disc.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AP 2.5 sector is the only thing that gets patched these days.
SplitVid isn't touched anymore.

And the AP 2.5 sector used to be patched with responses per dash.
Now that MS can change the DAE table (AP 2.5 challanges) whenever they want, C4eva released a way to completely patch the AP2.5 sector in order to let it appear as a legit disc.

Is there like a Wiki or something that explains what the hell this stuff is and how it works because people keep using these insane acronyms and stuff to talk about the AP features but I have no idea what they do or how they work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...