ShopTemp "Wish list" Thread

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Want an item that's not already available at ShopTemp site? Throw your suggestions here.

NOTE: This thread doesn't guarantee that the shop will be able to stock your suggested items but it should aid in the site runners identifying the kind of items their "target consumers" want.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! I had some suggestions personally.

- Memory sticks (like Pro Duo): For PSP users.
- Pandora batteries: It's a bitch finding a reliable site that has them.
- PSP stuff in general: hardware mods and replacement parts
- More gadgets: More types of adapters, etc
- GBAtemp stuff!: Who wouldn't want a GBAtemp shirt or mug? Fuck, if they started selling GBAmugs I'd consider buying one to drink my weekend coffee in. My snowman mug isn't really fitting the season anymore. Not to mention these would be kickass giveaways for contests, not to mention cheaper. It sure beats the old GBAtemp shop.
- DS Phat EZ Flash 3-in-1: Odds are that the DSL 3-in-1 is technically compatible with the DS Phat, but it doesn't actually fit in the damn slot. It's too short. Trust me, I've tried, and unless you want to butcher your DS, it's not gonna fit. There's a larger DS Phat version (which I own). Here's the Phat sized one. Here's the DSL sized one.

MicroChip123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Soft case (DSL and DSi versions)
15s1r8h.jpg

Hard DS Cases (DSL and DSi versions)
xp7slu.jpg

MicroSD card reader
30xjv4p.jpg

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any chance for modding tools for other consoles, specifically the 360?
I'd love to see tools like the Xecuter CK3 connectivity kits and probes for Lite-On models.
smile.gif

Oh and bulk rate pricing would REALLY hit the spot, because I gotta order a bunch of acekards
tongue.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tattar8 said:
Get rid of the R4's...
closedeyes.gif

Rockstar said:
Arctic said:
Rockstar said:
QUOTE(Arctic @ Apr 6 2010, 03:04 PM) I'm a little less happy about the fact they carry R4's... -_-
Thats stupid, even though R4 is dead people may want one for some reason or the other and seeing as its so popular shoptemp will get way more customers who go OMGZ R4!!1
Then they go buy an R4, and start whining here when it doesn't work with teh Pokemans!!
rolleyes.gif
So then after that they will go buy an Acekard giving ShopTemp more $$$
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More stuff...

- Guitar Hero/Rock Band peripherals: Guitar Hero/Rock Band Wii guitars/drum sets.
- Wii Balance Board: They're pretty overpriced
- Wii Speak: Meh, might as well
- Wiimote charger: I have one in my room but the battery packs themselves are shot.
- GBA clone: Seeing Sterl's fantastic review, it looks like a worthy purchase.
- Xbox 360 accessories: headsets, controllers, battery packs/charger stations, wireless adapters, HDMI cables, cooling fans
- Blank CD's and DVD's: Simple enough.

N64Temp said:
Why does everyone hate the R4? They had good support, they got sued so it's not their fault, people should hate the DS-Xtreme, if anyone remembers that bricking firmware they released.

Kinda off topic, but when people think of the R4, they don't think of the original R4, which was and still is not a terrible cart. Nowadays it's pretty much crippled because of the lack of DSTT or R4 firmware updates and new games that are coming out usually require a firmware update. However, ways back, it still got enough patches and compatibility to work with most games. I had mine for about a year and while I had to wait for a patch while everybody else was fine, it still got a patch. Up until the big crop of games in March, it got patches or fixes for most games, with big ones like Bowser's Inside Story and Spirit Tracks coming to memory. I've now since updated to an Acekard, but that R4 was still reliable enough in the year I had it.

R4s are associated with shitty clones and poor knockoffs that leads to many people complaining, which leads to people getting angry, which leads to all this culminating on GBAtemp until there's a general frown upon the whole name "R4".

As for TempShop selling them and their knockoffs, the fact is that people will still buy them, and when there's profit to be made that keeps GBAtemp up and running, it doesn't matter. In the end it comes down to the site running, and I don't care how many crappy knockoff carts they sell to keep that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself