Shin Megami Tensei V announced for Nintendo Switch

It's time to get ready for Atlus' demon-filled RPG series once more, as Shin Megami Tensei V has been formally and officially announced for the Nintendo Switch. A Shin Megami Tensei game was previously teased last year, for release on Nintendo's new console, though only a few seconds of a teaser was shown, and it wasn't confirmed to be SMT V at the time. Atlus has uploaded a 1 minute long trailer which shows the city of Tokyo, as two teenagers, presumably important characters, walk into a train station. Fallen demons are shown strewn about the train station, as footage flickers to a post apocalyptic city, with the word "death" written over the screen. There's no release date for the game, or other information at this time.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
i'm not huge SMT's fan, has this franchise any connections to Persona??

Well the demons from SMT appear in Persona. The games arent related in terms of plot and the Persona games are generally seen as a lighter take since SMT is notorious for being darker.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i'm not huge SMT's fan, has this franchise any connections to Persona??
Persona could be considered a spin-off of SMT, that got big on its own.

PS: SMT titles are generally darker, as said, and concentrate more on exploring, demon collection and breeding, etc. Most of the "social", "social links" and date-sim components are exclussive to Persona.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, that actually doesn't look so bad... Wonder if I'll like it. I've only played one SMT game on DS (excluding the Persona series). It's just a turn-based RPG, right?
Normally SMT are turn-based, but I think there is no info regarding this one right now.
I think ATLUS was holding some stream event today in its Japanese channel. Perhaps they show some gameplay there.

Regarding the DS SMT game ("Strange Journey"), hell I loved that one!
If you played "Strange Journey", well that is very alike a main SMT game (even though this one is not numbered so it may be considered spin-off).
If you played a Devil Survivor, those are tactic RPG spin-offs.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol