Shin Megami Tensei IV Final/Apocalypse Save Editing

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Suiseiseki, Jun 6, 2016.

1. waynelimt

waynelimt Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    Senegal
    Hi, for those missing skills, if you have information on them (e.g. skill id, description etc.) will you like to share the info with me?
    Also, for the skill affinities, I will have to figure out which parts of the save contains info about them, but its hard to proceed without any hints, because the whole save file is quite large to just look through. I will try to edit them if I have time to look through the save file though.

2. Soriian

Soriian Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2009
    United States
    They posted a full list for the Demon IDs and Skill IDs in this thread already.

3. meiQ

meiQ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    United States
    So, I'm trying to hex edit my demons, but I can't seem to locate them in the save, and so I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction of what I need to search for to find the demon's data?

4. $akif X9

$akif X9 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    anyway to get a full compendium yet?

5. OuendanCyrus

OuendanCyrus Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Hello, sorry for the delay, have been extremely busy with some Kiseki-related stuff.

Here are Just a minor number of examples of skills missing from the editor as well as their skill IDs:

62: Ice Age
    61: Thunder Gods
    1ee: Awakened Power (Passive)
    16b: Akasha Arts
    16a: Megiddo Ark
    84: Smile Charge
    1f4: Almighty Pleroma
    85: Magaon

6. Sakaixx

Sakaixx Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2016
    Malaysia
    Malaysia
    Hi, just want to ask, how to save the modded save game? Not really working for me.

7. breaktemp

breaktemp D-Sun who was called D-Moon

Mar 17, 2008
    United States
    TSU...no.1 in tha hood
    @waynelimt

So any plans on updating this ?

* been having issues with Python 3 *

8. Ragonix

Ragonix Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2017
    Canada

Thanks for the editor, but I noticed a problem when editing your demons levels. When you try to edit a demons level past 255 the editor for some reason edits the demons level into the thousands. For example, if you put level 300 for one of your demons, save the changes, then import the save back to your 3ds, and finally load your save game you will see that your demons level is in the thousands. The max level is 999. However, this does not happen for the MC. You can edit his level to whatever and the editor works.

9. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    Can't even open the editor for some reason

10. Marter714

Marter714 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Any chance of updating the editor to include completely changing our demons?
    I really want to add Dagda and Demi-fiend to my party.
    I know there's the hex editing way, but hex editing is pretty much a foreign language to me. If someone wants to recommend a hex editor and tell me how to add those 2 to my party at least I'd very much appreciate it.

NANASHI89 and Something whatever like this.
  11. Something whatever

Sep 1, 2015
    Wait Demi-fiend is in this?!

12. Marter714

Marter714 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Yeah he's a party member briefly in a dlc along with the other previous SMT protagonists.

Something whatever likes this.
  13. Something whatever

Sep 1, 2015
    What?! I have to get that DLC Now

14. Sabishinbo

Sabishinbo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2015
    United States
    Does anyone have a spare SMT IV A save file? I thought I backed mine up, but apparently I didn't. Wanted to start with the NG+ bonuses.

15. ChaosJudicator

ChaosJudicator Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2017
    Senegal
    None of the edit methods seem to work for me.

16. Something whatever

Sep 1, 2015
    Same

17. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    The save editor works for me on win7. Extracted my save using jksm. If I can do it, being a self-prooclaimed linux/python whatever the fuck it is, retard, then anyone can do it. Just install python 3 as explained in the github and then do the things. Easy.

18. SupahTofu

SupahTofu Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2016
    United States
    ^ How OP did you edit yourself? I tried to add some passive skills and increase my str by 50 and it wouldnt work.

19. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    I just did the basics. Maxed out my money and some items.

20. yllnor13

yllnor13 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2017
    Norway
    how can I edit my equipment? I used that smt iv a save editor and gave myself way more money than the game could handle, and now my melee slot is without any weapons, so it crashes every time I try to access it for some reason. I tried searching for the CBFFFFFF9F string, but my hex editing program (xvi32), but it said it couldn't find the string. I'm using the european version of the game with an american save.