Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final Announced For Nintendo 3DS

smt42.png

Atlus today announced that Shin Megami Tensai IV: Final, a brand new game directed by Satoshi Oyama will release exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS in February 2016.

smt422.jpg

:arrow: Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final Official Site

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by xBleedingSoulx,

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit! Hopefully it won't take long to come to NA and EU after the Japan release.

http://kotaku.com/shin-megami-tensei-iv-final-isnt-an-update-but-an-enti-1734901069 - Here's to the people asking if it's a remake.

"Shin Megami Tensei IV Final isn’t a “definitive edition” of the previously released Shin Megami Tensei IV. It’s an entirely new game set in the same world, featuring a completely different era and setting, all new characters, a branching storyline and multiple endings."
Yep, I figured it'd be a spin-off. Glad there's a new era, because that "saw-moo-rye" was annoying.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what this is, but I can honestly say I will more than likely buy it right away. I had TONS of fun with SMT4, and a few others, namely the Devil Survivor series.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what this is, but I can honestly say I will more than likely buy it right away. I had TONS of fun with SMT4, and a few others, namely the Devil Survivor series.
"Shin Megami Tensei IV Final isn’t a “definitive edition” of the previously released Shin Megami Tensei IV. It’s an entirely new game set in the same world, featuring a completely different era and setting, all new characters, a branching storyline and multiple endings."
@T-hug the OP should probably be updated with this information.

Last edited by Pedeadstrian,

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not really excited with SMT on 3DS. SMT IV is a huge disappointment compared to nocturne. I think I will just sell my copy.

nocturne + PS2 smt games > all

Last edited by eriol33,

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really excited with SMT on 3DS. SMT IV is a huge disappointment compared to nocturne. I think I will just sell my copy.

nocturne + PS2 smt games > all
*insert Big Lebowski .gif here*

Aside from the Persona games, I actually liked the PS2 SMT games the least. Couldn't really get into the Raidou games, and I stopped playing DDS2 in the middle because of a certain plot point that pissed me off.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well I share your point. It's just that I like most of the smt games released on ps2 (nocturne, persona 3/4, dds 1/2). Cannot really like raidou because the plot is not too interesting.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I don't know why it's so hard for game developers to put English captions on their videos/websites.

Anywhoo, at the end of the video there's a link to a website that seems to have some kind of Twitter promotion related to retweets, but I can't read Japanese... http://megaten4f.jp/devil_hunter/ if you're interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm