Shenmue III will be a no-show at E3 2017

If you were hoping for developer Ys Net to make another showing of their upcoming entry in the Shenmue series during E3 this year, then things might be looking a little bleak. Today, on their Kickstarter page, they revealed that the game will not be shown at all during E3 2017. The latest update to the game consists of a less than one minute video, that showcases a singular character model. Shenmue III was announced during Sony's press conference, back in 2015, where it raised a record breaking 6.3 million dollars in funding. The game is still set to launch Holiday 2017, for PC and PlayStation 4, despite not making an appearance at E3...

Thank you for watching and we hope you enjoyed it!

We have also been receiving questions from our backers regarding our plans to participate in upcoming game shows. While our schedule has yet to be finalized, we will be devoting June to game development and as a result, will unfortunately not be participating in any game shows. On the other hand, we look forward to bringing you our monthly updates and hope you do too!

Thank you!

From the Shenmue III Team

:arrow: Kickstarter page

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Sigh. Another Kickstarter disappointment.

At least I didn't fund this or any Kickstarter project but still annoyed 'cause it's #$%&!~: Shenmue 3 and this isn't good news.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually forgot about this game, that's how long it's been since its hype started. I think the same will be said for Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII remake.

Reactions: WhiteMaze
S

Saiyan Lusitano

They already have money, why would they have to waste their time advertise it when it already sold.
And customers who expect something bigger and greater will say "What the shit is this? This isn't the Shenmue 3 I was waiting for! I want a refund!" :P

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
And customers who expect something bigger and greater will say "What the shit is this? This isn't the Shenmue 3 I was waiting for! I want a refund!" :P

You can't get a refund after you reiceive the game. And your customer can't complain about the game if you didn't show them anything.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

You can't get a refund after you reiceive the game. And your customer can't complain about the game if you didn't show them anything.
Since it's getting a Steam release they can and those that purchase the physical PS4 version if not happy, can also sell/trade in during the time its price is still high.

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not call it a disappointment. Backers will get exactly what they want and the game is not meant to appeal to the general public's taste.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I would not call it a disappointment. Backers will get exactly what they want and the game is not meant to appeal to the general public's taste.
Persona 5 wasn't meant for the general public's taste and look how it's doing.

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yu Suzuki: Hey lets take all the money and Jet.
Keiji Okayasu: Sounds Good.
Toshihiro Nagoshi: Wait, lets make more Fake Videos with this PS3 Dev kit and get more money.
All: Muhahahahahaha.....

SonicfanCEMUTesting

One of Sonic fans that is here, because reasons
Trophies
White Space (not a generations reference)
XP
Country
Poland
There's been a few good Kickstarter games!

Shovel Knight, Undertale...

...shit.
Oh definitely Shovel Knight! It is a great throwback to the 80s with it's "8-bit" graphics and spectacular retro music!

Undertale on the other hand was also a nice RPG retro game, but the fanbase decided to kill it with it's r34 pics, shippings and.....fanfictions and motherf*cking fangirls.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Undertale on the other hand was also a nice RPG retro game, but the fanbase decided to kill it with it's r34 pics, shippings and.....fanfictions and motherf*cking fangirls.
A bad fanbase doesn't make the game itself worse, ya know.
And for every fetish picture or crack shipping, there's some impressive remix or well-done fan art for it. It's not all awful, and this applies to just about all "bad" fandoms.

SonicfanCEMUTesting

One of Sonic fans that is here, because reasons
Trophies
White Space (not a generations reference)
XP
Country
Poland
A bad fanbase doesn't make the game itself worse, ya know.
And for every fetish picture or crack shipping, there's some impressive remix or well-done fan art for it. It's not all awful, and this applies to just about all "bad" fandoms.
True, it does not make the game much worse, but it gets more hate because of that bad part. And of course most of "awful" fandoms have some of the good sides either like an awesome remix or even a very hard-made and beautiful fan art, but those fandoms have more of their bad side than the good one.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone that's played Shenmue 1&2 should've known there was no way Shenmue 3 would be completed in a year. I made my peace with a potential delay months ago. Not exactly unsatisfied, I'll only start getting pissy if it gets delayed to late 2019/2020.

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
all speculations for now, but it could be true. Just hoping for Sega to show up or that Gio guy can show some shenmue related stuff. Sony promised to do the promo and marketing.. Think the E3 from 15 is not enough for letting this game to be a succes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: