Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
br0br0 said:
I can vouch atleast in so far as the glasses variety of new HD TV's that objects are perceived OUT of the screen and into your face. (Like "woah".) Looks not to be the case with this, but it's still going to give a pleasant effect.

For the vast majority of the length of movies like Monsters vs. Aliens or Meet the Robinsons, the 3-D effect (even on movie screens and the new 3DTVs) is primarily used to give the screen depth, rather than having everything pop out at you. If they used it like that too often, it would make the effect seem even more like a gimmick, IMO.

br0br0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
br0br0 said:
I can vouch atleast in so far as the glasses variety of new HD TV's that objects are perceived OUT of the screen and into your face. (Like "woah".) Looks not to be the case with this, but it's still going to give a pleasant effect.

For the vast majority of the length of movies like Monsters vs. Aliens or Meet the Robinsons, the 3-D effect (even on movie screens and the new 3DTVs) is primarily used to give the screen depth, rather than having everything pop out at you. If they used it like that too often, it would make the effect seem even more like a gimmick, IMO.

Correct. It has the capability, for instance the scene in Monsters versus aliens, where the character is playing with the rubber ball and paddle on a string, batting it towards the front of the screen, the ball moves out from the screen right to perceivable face level. You should never overkill an effect like that, people will just barf. ahaha.

Still the decision is left to the content producer how they want to approach it, if they wanted one obect per scene to be popping out of the screen for every single scene, they could. Comes down to how they choose to author the content, the hardware limitation isn't there. Logically, they approach such things with some common sense.

G

GentleFist

i dont get what the fck is up with 3d screens without glasses i saw a few an eternity ago at my local shop and it looked shitty dont remember the brand anymore but i dont like this 3d hype ultimate resolution hd looks much better than 3d

that doesnt mean the 3d is a bad idea but until now i havent seen any 3d thingies that looked really good regardless of glasses or not

ShadowInferno119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rayder: Well since you have only one eye, wouldn't that just mean it would be displayed normally? I'm pretty sure the image wouldn't be distorted if I understand the technology correctly.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
ShadowInferno119 said:
@Rayder: Well since you have only one eye, wouldn't that just mean it would be displayed normally? I'm pretty sure the image wouldn't be distorted if I understand the technology correctly.
Yeah, the screen directs a different image to each eye so you'd get the image for one eye, and that image would look 2D but it would look ok. The problem would be if a game used depth as a gameplay element, but I doubt many games like that will be made...

By the way, 30cm seems kinda short, doesn't it? (that's about 10 inches)

ShadowInferno119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
ShadowInferno119 said:
Yeah, the screen directs a different image to each eye so you'd get the image for one eye, and that image would look 2D but it would look ok. The problem would be if a game used depth as a gameplay element, but I doubt many games like that will be made...

By the way, 30cm seems kinda short, doesn't it? (that's about 10 inches)

I was thinking about a foot, I didn't convert or anything. Prob would be easier than just estimating lol..

Let me go check, and a foot is kind of distant. But a foot isn't that short. I would of liked to see maybe 15 inches atleast. But its close.

Edit: So yeah just checked google for a converter and this is what I got.

"11.811023622047243" so its very close to a foot. almost 12 inches.

sn0wfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Wow cool. So i can start expecting nintendo to come up with something good
laugh.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh...I want to go to E3. If you didn't already know it's June 15th 2010. Hosted in LA.
happy.gif
Anyway, I hope this isn't going to be some horrible special colored screen that makes you move the 3DS right, and left to see the 3D image.

D

Deleted_171835

murkurie said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Hiz_95 said:
Chanser said:
But but but I'm saving up for an iPad.
frown.gif

Lets see how good these Sharp 3D screens are.

Why would you want an Ipad?
This
Yea, because most of us want to replace our giant screen TV's that run 1080p with a device that isn't even wide screen or 720p. My current TV is a 32in CRT with 1080p looks amazing because it has a infinity viewing angle doesn't matter where site, ipad not so much.

Can't wait for E3, it's in june right?
Sigh.
Not replace. A supplement. It can be used in addition to your TV. Allowing you to watch television anywhere in your house as long as there is a Wi-Fi connection.

Win

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes watching tv in every room is obviously a reason to buy an ipad. rofl at that^^ the ipad is abysmal just like every other "slate".

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
@Win and other iPad naysayers: Well I watch videos on my laptop more than I watch TV, and my TV is a full-HD 42" LCD. It's not about which is bigger and more awesome, it's about the commodity of being able to watch whatever you want whenever and wherever you want, not just in your room and on the specified schedule.

btw, that doesn't mean I'll actually get one xD I'm just saying that it's a great idea, but the iPod was an even greater idea and I don't have an iPod.

On topic: I want to go to an E3 so badly too
frown.gif
This or another, they always have the best stuff to show.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowInferno119 said:
Let me go check, and a foot is kind of distant. But a foot isn't that short. I would of liked to see maybe 15 inches atleast. But its close.
I agree. I thought that sounded a little weird too so I just got my DS out to check, I'm comfortably holding it at about 35cm (estimated using a nearby sheet of A4 paper), so 30cm sounds like a really tight limitation. Plus if you're playing on public transport you're likely to be holding the console lower to look less conspicuous. While losing the 3D effect might be something you can live with I'd be interested to see what kind of picture you get instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"