Shameless Season 8 returns on November 5th

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Season 7's ending pretty much finalised the series but then SHO otherwise and showed that after credits' scenes, so it made the whole wrapping things up very redundant.

I've been following Shameless since the early days but I can't say I'm excited for it (it just feels like it's dragging on though I'll watch it anyway).

Source: https://twitter.com/SHO_Shameless/status/894604075030818816

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    A few people tried to get me to watch the UK one when it was airing. Never really did it for me. Started watching the US one completely cold about a series ago and quite enjoyed it.

3. OfficialFBomb

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    The US one was always better. I don't know why but when i first found Shameless it was the UK one and i could not get past episode 1, but then i found the US one and was hooked..

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. sion_zaphod

sion_zaphod Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc

Sep 4, 2011
    Wales
    uk Shameless's Frank is by far the best. The reason Americans dont get the original and far better Paul Abbott series is because they dont get our humour. Long live the Chatsworth

5. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I don't really like the show, but my wife is really into it. (the US version that is.)

I do like the Russian and her... assets.

But with Lip gone, what's the point really.

6. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Agreed. The American version is more lively and entertaining whereas the UK original production was far too serious, realistic and depressing to watch in a way.

The only series I've been seeing UK-ish was Orphan Black and gave up on it, just because I can't stand the 5th season (final) anymore. Too damn boring, imo.

There's a lot of love for both versions but Brits by default favour the UK version understandably, same happens to The Office when it's brought up. Speaking of Shameless and The Office, the US remakes are my faves.

P.S. From what I can tell SHO's Shameless Season 8 isn't the final or if it is then we'll only know by the last episode of the season. It's a shame it didn't end on Season 7 because that ending was perfect!

7. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I did like the UK one but the US version is far better. Joke characters don't become main characters, and most of the original cast is still on the show, unlike the UK where half of the characters left every season. When I stopped watching the UK one, I think the only Gallagher left was Frank, and even his appearances were brief. And don't get me started on those FUCKING MAGUIRES. I stopped watching completely after they took over the series.
    Just be glad you haven't seen the UK one, plot points that resolved in an episode or 2 in the USA version could get dragged on for seasons at a time in the UK one.