SFANS has changed their backers design into a dock without asking!

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mech, Oct 23, 2017.

1. mech
    OP

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    Well I will just wait for the dock to turn up, aparently they are starting to ship very soon.

2. Oleboy555

Oleboy555 Wie dit leest is een zemmel

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    If I had a switch then yeah :P

3. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    personly im happy they changed the design it looks alot better imo

4. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    They are bound by Indiegogo's ToS but that pretty much only makes them actually deliver on releasing the product and perks. But Indiegogo also doesn't guarantee the legality or legitimacy of campaigns (likely so they can't be held responsible for scams).
    Given that a lawsuit could hurt business they could easily claim something like defamation. Whether or not it's valid is another story (although it's arguably more valid than suing them over changing their product with no promise that the shown one was the final version).

Again, I don't necessarily agree with the change, but it's still up to the campaign owner how they choose to design the product. It still fulfills it's advertised function of being a portable device to play the Switch in docked mode without using the actual Switch dock.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, Oct 27, 2017
  5. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    Its not something Ive heard of at least, at least not without additional conditions e.g. public statements.

In the case of advertised functionality, I can see it being a case of what is considered the adverised feature based on the promotion.

Having the Switch flat could be considered one.

It sounds like something in a court being something youd have to convince a judge about either way.

6. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I still find it strange that they felt the need to change the design, when they already included an optional stand.

Apparently they are giving out refunds. They will probably just sell the products that got refunded to other people. I wonder if you can partially refund. Like keeping the dock anyway, but not keeping the stand or even vice versa. At least they seem to be more ethical than some of the people in this thread.

As for being "unique". Yes, making it into a dock like every other company is doing is unique.

7. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    why would i tell you stalkers where i live?
    how was the cable "creepy"?

8. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Imagine an iPhone cable and it's reliability. Now imagine that cable is permanently attached to your iPhone.

9. jurai

jurai GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2005
    Why did anyone support this repurposed Chinese tech anyways

10. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    No one should be surprised by this.

11. Oleboy555

Oleboy555 Wie dit leest is een zemmel

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    why is everyone so negative? have you even seen what has changed? its not like they changed it to a bag of maggots or something...

12. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I didn't know about this project and product.
    I read about it and watched some reviews, and I like the old one better.

they should just sell both versions and let the users buy the one they want.

Buying a switch was a concern to me because putting the dock in front of my TV .... would mask my TV screen ! I can't watch my TV if there's a dock in the front of my TV :gun:
    having a "flat dock" instead of a "standing dock" is/was a nice idea!

saying the heat is a problem when laying flat? the video I watched placed the switch on top of the Sfan, leaving space below the console for air flow.

Personnaly, I would have loved the original design. I guess I could just get this one instead, though the other one had more USBs.

users said it's a rebrand from samsung dock, so can we just buy one of the original Cforce version and have the exact same product working on switch?
    the CForce I found have either 1 USB3 (CForce002), or 3USB3 (Cforce003), nut no USB C.
    edit: CForce001 seems ok (not ship to France, not sold on Amazon France, only Cforce002 is available)

Last edited by Cyan, Nov 2, 2017
    B4rtj4h and mech like this.
  13. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    I received my unit. It works really well!

Cyan likes this.
  14. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    looks cool i might get one dunno what it looked like before and don't care :P

Oleboy555 likes this.
  15. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    <redacted>

I thought I found a cheaper alternative, but the reviews seem to be fake so I have my reservations.

Last edited by Futurdreamz, Nov 6, 2017
  16. 9thSage

9thSage GBAtemp Fan

Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    I mean...I've played for hours at a time using that thing, the Switch doesn't really get that hot. Nothing that seems unusual anyway. Not sure what to tell you other than that.

17. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Not that unusual considering modern phones, but still worrying considering the reports of bent Switches (and mine is already bent, I have no idea when that happened and it might have shipped like that)