OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Settings Editor GUI v1.9 is now available with the following changes:
  • Now works with vWii without a cIOS using runtimeiospatch (thanks Damysteryman/Exelciior)
  • Video Mode and "Exit to Internet Settings" options are hidden in vWii mode since they don't work.
Special thanks to driverdis for all his testing on this version. I couldn't have done it without him.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What about one application for both?
Working similar like priiloader magic word

So a forwarder channel can send magic word to the app which means automatically load saved settings, apply and close app
If first run, or app called from homwbrewchannel without forwarder, start app to change settings and save

Reactions: JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
What about one application for both?
Working similar like priiloader magic word

So a forwarder channel can send magic word to the app which means automatically load saved settings, apply and close app
If first run, or app called from homwbrewchannel without forwarder, start app to change settings and save
I was actually considering an option to allow a quick-restore option if there was enough interest.

What's nice about ConnectMii is that it offers direct launch to either of the channels that need WC24/Standby enabled.

Oby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually considering an option to allow a quick-restore option if there was enough interest.

What's nice about ConnectMii is that it offers direct launch to either of the channels that need WC24/Standby enabled.

Wait the Wii U turns WC24 off everytime you launch the Wii mode?! *sigh* Well there goes that, I guess I'll just keep using my Wii.
I wanted to just turn it on, remove all homebrew after, and be done with it...

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait the Wii U turns WC24 off everytime you launch the Wii mode?! *sigh* Well there goes that, I guess I'll just keep using my Wii.
I wanted to just turn it on, remove all homebrew after, and be done with it...
Yeah, and unfortunately you can't just launch it from an exploit, due to the IOS patches that have to be made for the Wii U.

Btw, if anybody is wondering, I am working on that quick-restore option. It will be included in the next release.

Reactions: bezem

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
And after about six months, Settings Editor GUI v2.0 is finally up! :D
  • You can now define settings in ploader/present.cfg and quick-load them. This is particularly useful on the Wii U, because it resets some of your settings on boot. You can also set what channel to exit to.
  • Updated some of the postLoader code.
  • Changed license to GPL v3.0.
  • Greatly improved the speed of debug logging.
  • Fixed the bug where the wrong resolution was displayed on the Wii U.
  • Improved method for detecting the Wii U (thanks crediar).
  • Updated libruntimeiospatch
  • Video mode is no longer hidden on the vWii, as it can be used to enable Progressive Scan on Devolution.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, because I'll often switch my Wii from a smaller standard non-widescreen tv in my room, and a large widescreen HDTV in the Den. Is there a way to make it by so simply going into a channel and launching it, it quickly (and stealthily) changes the aspect ratio. (if necessary, there could be two channels, one to change to HD, one to change to SD), and then brings you immediately back to the Wii menu. So what I'm asking is if there is a way to activate a single feature in this app by simply launching the app, and then immediately have the app launch back to the Wii menu?

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, because I'll often switch my Wii from a smaller standard non-widescreen tv in my room, and a large widescreen HDTV in the Den. Is there a way to make it by so simply going into a channel and launching it, it quickly (and stealthily) changes the aspect ratio. (if necessary, there could be two channels, one to change to HD, one to change to SD), and then brings you immediately back to the Wii menu. So what I'm asking is if there is a way to activate a single feature in this app by simply launching the app, and then immediately have the app launch back to the Wii menu?
I'm afraid that would require me to write an entirely different app.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Would you possibly consider writing such an app if you have any free time and it's easy enough? If its too much to ask, I completely understand.
I guess I could combine AspectSwitch and ProgressiveSwitch into one.

@Everyone For the record, I'm only doing this because it mostly involves copy-and-pasting stuff. No more custom apps, and duffmmann, you'll need to make your own channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1