Settings Editor GUI

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by JoostinOnline, Oct 1, 2011.

Oct 1, 2011

Settings Editor GUI by JoostinOnline at 5:14 AM (12,569 Views / 3 Likes) 147 Comments

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Message Count:
    United States
    It goes along with postLoader, which is a replacement for the System Menu. The thing postLoader is lacking is a way to edit settings. Thus this app.

• Newcomer

sindrik New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    To answer Chamillionaire simple question with a simple answer:
    I have it installed on my Wii, it's REALLY useful for those of us with the strange brick that won't allow the console to enter Wii settings (unfixable AFAIK), so thanks for this JoostinOnline. Hope you get a nice channel for it!

kylster mich weich töten

Message Count:
    United States
    That brick is cause of the System Menu; all you should have to do is reinstall the System Menu and it should fix this issue :) modmii can D/L the SM.WAD for you and you can install it or you can simply use an app like Dop-Mii, MMM, WiiMod which are all available through ModMii to download and install a new System menu :) hope this info helps

Message Count:
    United States
    You have a semi-brick, which is fixable. You just don't have the right region files installed. Did you try to region change your Wii?

Thanks for the complement on Settings Editor GUI. I'd like it if someone made a channel for it, since I can't. I don't know how to do animations.
    • Newcomer

sindrik New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Tried it in the past, so believe me, it's unfixable for me :) . I completely installed 4.1/4.2/4.3, tried a loooot of miscellaneous things (even a certain version of the cIOS make it possible to enter settings for 5 seconds aprox, then it hangs), no luck. It remains a mistery to me.

Never changed the region in the past, since it was "U" from the beginning. I could try anything else since it won't hurt at this point, what would you recommend?

Message Count:
    United States
    Load WiiMod, go into Advanced, Any Region Changer, and make sure that everything is set to USA/English. Save your changes if you make any. If it was all fine to begin with, let me know.

SifJar Not a pirate

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    You could just use an existing base WAD and replace the images.

Message Count:
    United States
    That's what I do with the Homebrew Channel forwarders, but there are other people who are much more talented at this than I would be.
    • Newcomer

sindrik New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Ok, i'll try it now.

EDIT: Everything was already configured in the right parameters (4.3/USA), still can't enter Wii Settings :(

kylster mich weich töten

Message Count:
    United States
    So the semi-brick concerning setting can be caused by having different Region settings applied :) I figured it would always brick but I never did a Region Change befor.

Have you tried doing a long bootmii restore or tried giantprunes app "ohneswanzenegger"?

I feel your pain every time I dump my nand it black screens when trying to access the dump via neek2o or neek; yet I can configure it to auto boot to install file if I access Priiloader and it will still run everything but the SM LoL and I've done used g.prunes app as well so GL my good sir :)

Message Count:
    United States
    Keeping your SM and changing the settings is the same changing the SM and keeping the settings. If the two are different, you get a semi-brick.

Lol, stop recommending the extreme for simple issues. That's a last resort because you lose everything.

kylster mich weich töten

Message Count:
    United States
    As Kevin Hart once said: Your going to learn today :) LoL Well I figured if he tried anything and is looking for suggestions.

Message Count:
    United States
    He isn't getting a black screen, so ohneswanzenegger should not even be considered.

kylster mich weich töten

Message Count:
    United States
    oh is that the only time we should use that app?

Message Count:
    United States
    Well you can use it anytime you want, it's your Wii. However, that means losing your shopping account (download rights), everything you've installed, all your game saves, all your play history, your messages, and your registered friends. That's not something that everybody is okay with losing.
    • Newcomer

sindrik New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Yep, tried and tried :P . No luck.

Today i went back (for the 14454565th time) to a previous 4.3 NAND backup, since it stops booting System Menu after some days/weeks, and restoring BootMii is the only option to make it work. The thing is, apart from the Wii Settings black screen, it also hangs when playing Wii games after any amount of minutes, sometimes at the beginning screens but usually not more than 10. It doesn't in some games (Need for Speed Undercover comes to mind), maybe because of the IOS version it loads?. It does not have problems with GC games, though.

kylster mich weich töten

Message Count:
    United States
    Have you tried resorting to using neek to play all your games?

tueidj I R Expert

Message Count:
    Pacific Ocean
    Each wii's shop account is stored server-side, you can't lose it unless you tell the shop channel to delete it for you. You can lose access to it by messing up the wc24 files, but that can be fixed with a system format.

Message Count:
    United States
    Unless it's linked to the hardware or something, I don't see how a completely new NAND would still register with the Shopping Channel as the same Wii.

tueidj I R Expert

Message Count:
    Pacific Ocean
    Uh, it is linked to the hardware? Why would you think a new NAND wouldn't identify as the same wii?