Homebrew Setting up stuff with USB Loader GX

LieutenantPie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So um, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with setting things up on my wii, I had no problem with these kinds of things before but I haven't touched it in a year or two and I'm a bit out of practice.

I've had USB Loader GX on there for a while and it works pretty splendidly, I use it to launch games from my 500GB external USB. However, I don't really know how to get wiiware games and virtual console games to work without installing them on the wii itself

Oh, and I can't seem to get super smash bros. brawl to work for some reason, I tried redownloading it several times and had the same problem so I don't think it's a broken file, it might have something to do with the fact that it's a dual-layer disc but I could be wrong

Any help would be appreciated, I can add more information if needed, sorry if these are stupid questions or anything

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
WADs have to be installed in order to run them. You have several options there, you can install them onto an emuNAND, install them directly on the Wii's NAND or install them on the Wii then move them to the SD card where they can be launched using the SD card menu in the Wii Menu.

Smash Bros should work just fine, what cIOS are you using? (version and base IOS)

LieutenantPie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try setting up the emuNAND stuff in a minute, thanks, and I'm running IOS236 v65535, but I'm not sure that's the problem since the file itself won't transfer to the drive through any WBFS manager type-program, I think the file was split into two or something and it won't load both

EDIT: So it is just one file, RSBE01.wbfs, and I also tried the Japanese version just to be sure. Neither worked, Wii Backup Manager came up with the errors "Transfer failed" and "Read disc failed". I'm having trouble figuring out what the problem could be

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Welcome!