Magnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm at this step on this page:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH)

1. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • "Autoboot SysNAND"
    • "Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)"
    • "Show NAND or user string in System Settings"
    • "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"
      • This may cause crashes for some injected GBA Virtual Consoles
      • If some games do not work properly, disable this option and try again
  2. Press Start to save and reboot
    • If it freezes, hold the power button until it shuts down, then continue with the instructions
(I deleted the New 3DS part since I'm on an old 3DS)
So I got to this point, did every step perfectly, checked every step multiple times while doing it. Now when I start my 3DS, it's just a black screen. :/ I can load back into Luma by holding Select before turning on my 3DS. Turning on the 3DS without the SD card makes it just turn off again immediately. Turning it on with the SD card, it's just black, nothing happens. I'm not holding any buttons when booting, as it doesn't say to hold anything.

:( :( :( :( :( Did it brick? I did everything perfectly T_T

Any ideas?

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I remember correctly, your sysNAND should now be on 2.1, wich no CFW can boot. Either flash your emuNAND backup (if you have one) to sysNAND or your 9.2 sysNAND backup, and it should work fine.

Magnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's on 2.1, but how do I flash it? I have the backups it told me to keep earlier in the guide, but what do I do with them?

I have the files9 folder and the otp.bin, that's all it asked to backup

Magnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update your 3DS again by going to System Settings, then "Other Settings", then going all the way to the right and using "System Update"
  • Yes this is safe, stop asking about it.
  • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to "auto"
  • If this still gives you an error, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer
Do I follow that 9.2.0 ctrtransfer thing, or go on with the next step:

Section IV - Injecting FBI
If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND or RedNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND or RedNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move RedNAND.

1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
  2. Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore", then select the "Health&Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
that step?

Sorry just want to make sure I don't mess this up more :c

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Update your 3DS again by going to System Settings, then "Other Settings", then going all the way to the right and using "System Update"
  • Yes this is safe, stop asking about it.
  • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to "auto"
  • If this still gives you an error, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer
Do I follow that 9.2.0 ctrtransfer thing, or go on with the next step:

Section IV - Injecting FBI
If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND or RedNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND or RedNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move RedNAND.

1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
  2. Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore", then select the "Health&Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
that step?

Sorry just want to make sure I don't mess this up more :c
Can you actually boot?

Magnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not normally, but that ctrtransfer thing says to hold X during boot to open something so idk if I would need to be able to boot normally to do it?

Not holding any buttons is just a black screen forever, holding select opens Luma. Haven't tried holding any other buttons, don't want to try unless directed

Man this post time limit thing is kinda killer when trying to talk like this lol.

I'm assuming i need to do the 9.2 ctrtransfer since that looks like it will 'revert/upgrade' me to 9.2? Just making sure.

Edit: I used that ctrtransfer method and now I'm able to boot. Updating and hoping it will work from here on haha.

Last edited by Magnus,

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem, I just restored my emunand to the sysnand (keep a9lh) as the next steps said to do and it worked fine.

Magnus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just used the 9.2 ctrtransfer method which 'manually' upgraded me. Continuing the setup now, working so far, hope it continues that way haha.

Thanks all for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)