Hacking "Service unavailable in country/region" error when logging in on Vita TV

silver_arcus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I am new to all this so my apologies if the question I am asking seems rather basic!

I have an Asian PS Vita running 3.55 firmware (using a memory card attached to a US PSN account) and recently acquired an Asian Vita TV running 3.15 firmware.

I was trying to get my Vita TV to read said memory card but it refuses to do so and I read somewhere that I need to first log in to my US PSN account on the Vita TV first in order for it to read it. I tried doing this by entering the Vita TV's safe mode and restoring system data so that I can log in and also bypass the annoying system update nag that would force me to update (which I don't want to).

Unfortunately, when I tried to log in, I got the error stating that "the service is not available in your country/region". I have never encountered this problem before when logging into my US PSN account on my Vita so this was rather puzzling for me. I then tried logging into my EU account instead; the same error occurred. Finally, I tried logging into my Asian account and this time I got a different error - "To use PSN with this account, you must provide additional information. Complete the initial setup and then link your account with the Vita TV system".

I am completely stumped and have no idea what else should I do to try and get my Vita TV logged in to any account, much less my US account and read my memory card. Since my US account is my main one with all my save files and games on it, I did really like to be able to use it interchangeably with my Vita and Vita TV.

If anyone can help me out with this issue, I would be really grateful!

PS: I tried googling the "service is not available in your country/region" error and in one of the search results, someone suggested that firmware 3.35 resolves the issue but I wasn't too sure how accurate that information is so I thought I did confirm it's authenticity here too.

Last edited by silver_arcus,

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I believe Asian PSTVs with FW under 3.35 does not support NA/EU accounts so there you have it.
Make an Asian account first, then you can update it to your preferred FW.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
When originally PS Vita TV didn"t supported outside region accounts because it weren"t launhced yet outsidie Asia.
So as said by @Cinnamon your Fimware will be one before the support of non-Asian accounts.

silver_arcus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Asian PSTVs with FW under 3.35 does not support NA/EU accounts so there you have it.
Make an Asian account first, then you can update it to your preferred FW.

I see, thanks for the help! Yes, I already have an Asian account but apparently I couldn't log in previously because it hadn't been activated yet for PSN use apparently. I heard that FW 3.18 is the best for hacking homebrew and the like though; does that mean it will not be as good if I were to update to 3.35 in order to use my NA account?

Also, is it possible to make a backup of my save files on my current NA memory card and transfer them to my Vita TV's internal space or to a new memory card linked to my Asian account?

When originally PS Vita TV didn"t supported outside region accounts because it weren"t launhced yet outsidie Asia.
So as said by @Cinnamon your Fimware will be one before the support of non-Asian accounts.
Got it, thanks for the help!:)

Last edited by silver_arcus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself