Not open for further replies.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wanna charge to get 5.5 going? So when 5.6 comes out minutes after 5.5 is released you gonna refund all those that contribute? I did see you had it deleted but come on man....
You break IOS to a point it's unable to be patched then ask for crowd funding.
But currently breaking 5.5 is just gonna result in 5.6
Besides I hear a very large update is in store for the wii u real soon.
What good will 5.5 exploit do when that rolls??
On another note: have you guys figured out why the ppc boot loops (bit bangs) yet?
One thing I can tell you for sure is that it is intentional. It's appears that way anyway.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You wanna charge to get 5.5 going? So when 5.6 comes out minutes after 5.5 is released you gonna refund all those that contribute? I did see you had it deleted but come on man....
On another note: have you guys figured out why the ppc boot loops (bit bangs) yet?
One thing I can tell you for sure is that it is intentional. It's appears that way anyway.
Pics or it didnt happen m8.
Otherwise I will assume you are flame bating to attack him and his work.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares if he starts a fundraiser to get this in the wild, everyone is entitled to compensation for their work. I do however think IOSU exploitation is more important for the immediate future. I wish he would add that to his offer.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I see the pros and cons to this. However, as soon as the userspace exploit comes out for 5.5.0, Nintendo's going to release a fix within the week if that. While it will solve the issue of not everyone being able to use stuff like Cafiine and whatnot because they're not on the latest firmware, it's just going to kill off the potential for exploits down the road if there are any more. This is why developers tell you not to update, because as stuff gets patched, it gets harder and harder to find stuff.

Not that I want to bash it because I do want a 5.4.0 solution because I'm missing out on a lot of the fun stuff that people are already doing (Custom music, VC injects, etc), I don't want to lose the ability to perhaps grab an update or two from a disc and still be able to have an exploitable firmware down the line, especially if firmware spoofing won't be an option.

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country

11/10

He only want to ask if someone want to support him. Then he have more time to work on this because he dont need to work somewere .

EDIT: here is his patreon: https://www.patreon.com/mathewwi?ty=h
I've requested that the patreon account gets closed. Problems came up with it. No use in advertising it, though I appreciate it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I don't mind people asking money for homebrew to a point. I just hope it doesn't become a trend.
That 3ds decapping fundraiser still burns. Just ask @mercluke

The best way to compensate devs is a homebrew bounty. That way we control what happens and people don't get screwed. The competitive nature of it inspires better homebrew as well.

Reactions: loco365

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what, a guy wants to get funds to take off work to give you guys something, you're so dying to have, and everybody wants, yet when somebody asks for a little help to make it come out sooner, you 2 complain and do all this?

Seriously? I don't care if the deal's off, but I don't see the reason why the hate is arising. You all want it to badly, he attempted to give it, but you 2 just cry about it?
Come on now.

loco365

Trophies
XP
So what, a guy wants to get funds to take off work to give you guys something, you're so dying to have, and everybody wants, yet when somebody asks for a little help to make it come out sooner, you all complain and do all this?

Seriously? I don't care if the deal's off, but I don't see the reason why the hate is arising. You all want it to badly, he attempted to give it, but you all just cry about it?
Come on now.
I think most of the reasoning is from that 3DS decap fundraiser when they just ran off with all the money (IIRC there was over $3000 raised) and nothing came of it. At this point, people are probably a bit reluctant to hand over money for these research projects now because of that, so unless something is guaranteed (Such as Gateway's hardware and that people know it actually does work and they're actively fixing their issues), people probably won't take to an exploit fundraiser very well anymore. Yeah people want it, but I don't think people want to shovel out money for it in case nothing comes of this.

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see your point, giving money over the internet can be a bit eh, because nobody can predict the future.
But even if this did work, I probably could've guaranteed a release. I pushed for the 5.3.2's release, it took a bit of talking with MN1 and this can possibly be the same way, just not now.
But lean back on this please, it was redacted and everything is back to normal. There isn't the need for hate.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What fresh hell is this all about? I should note that if the exploit keeps getting delayed every time Nintendo releases a new firmware, then people shouldn't update; it's not like you can use the internet to go online without updating.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I've requested that the patreon account gets closed. Problems came up with it. No use in advertising it, though I appreciate it.
I'd honestly keep it going to be honest. I think it's mostly how it came across to users that it gave the wrong reaction. I'd give it a chance and perhaps take the time to explain any concerns that users have. I do appreciate the effort in that people do want to help with getting more exploits developed for the public to use, but most people are at this point a bit shy from the 3DS fiasco. If you were to show that every dollar that was fundraised was used for its intended purposes, I think people would be a bit more receptive to it.

People know that it's possible. They just want a free alternative without having to shell out money. However, if you can reaffirm people that the money was for proper intentions, you may get the fundraising you require.

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd honestly keep it going to be honest. I think it's mostly how it came across to users that it gave the wrong reaction. I'd give it a chance and perhaps take the time to explain any concerns that users have. I do appreciate the effort in that people do want to help with getting more exploits developed for the public to use, but most people are at this point a bit shy from the 3DS fiasco. If you were to show that every dollar that was fundraised was used for its intended purposes, I think people would be a bit more receptive to it.
I had to remove it because I overlooked a few things. I didn't let the 2 or 3 haters get to me. Not to mention it would likely be removed from Patreon anyways. Not too sure a hacking project would be well received on there. I think I'll just work on it in my free time. It'll be done eventually.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh it didn't last long. :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had to remove it because I overlooked a few things. I didn't let the 2 or 3 haters get to me. Not to mention it would likely be removed from Patreon anyways. Not too sure a hacking project would be well received on there. I think I'll just work on it in my free time. It'll be done eventually.
Could you just put a paypal button in your sig? That would do the same. :)

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mr. Fatal has the mentality of being an ungrateful leecher so there's no way he would ever justify supporting somebody's work. "After all it is nothing and everybody else could do it for free instead". Old news from the Wii times with code stealing freaks and wannabe pros around. Certain people like @Mathew_Wi are nearly irreplaceable so better treat them good :rolleyes:

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning