Hardware Sending in my limited edition zelda 3ds, might not get it back D:

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My zelda 3ds screens are scratched to shit because of the top resting on the bottom "yes the typical 3ds problem again." And I didn't buy into screen protectors until it was too late. Plus, My left shoulder button has always given me trouble since the day I bought the system, so I decided enough was enough and I would send it in. I called nintendo yesterday, and the guy I talked to was super helpful. When he was finished telling me how to send it in and whatever, I asked him (worst case scenario) if they have to replace the 3ds, will they replace it with another zelda 3ds? He starts to get into the whole "As much as we would like to help you sir..." Deal, and then told me what I didn't wanna hear. I may not get it back if they have to replace it. Then he tries to make it sound a bit better by saying "But you can pick any color you'd like to replace it with!" BLEH!
I love my Zelda 3ds, and I would hate to lose it just because of manufacturers defects!
While I don't know for sure that I will lose it, it upsets me to think that I could lose it when I didn't do anything to it in the first place.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See if you can get the zelda 3DS back too, then send it off to somebody else that's 3rd party.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would send them a note in the comment box when you open up a repair. Be sure to remind them as much as possible, if it's possible that you would like the Zelda 3DS back.

Then hope for the best.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told the guy that I would like it back if they can save it, but He told me if they can't repair it without replacing it and I still want it back they will send it back without repair. Which would also suck because I know my left shoulder button is going to die soon, and I hate looking at my scratched screens. So its a pickle for sure :/

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
The only other option is to do the repairs yourself but then you risk messing up your 3ds.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, your going to get your Zelda 3DS back. I sent mine in a while ago also for messed up screens and the OS somehow bricking itself. And I even ASKED, if I could have a new 3DS altogether because I wanted a different color. I got the same exact one (I could tell because I made a small nic in the side casing for ID)

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, your going to get your Zelda 3DS back. I sent mine in a while ago also for messed up screens and the OS somehow bricking itself. And I even ASKED, if I could have a new 3DS altogether because I wanted a different color. I got the same exact one (I could tell because I made a small nic in the side casing for ID)
They told me that if they replaced it then I could only get black back.
I wanted white.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, they should tell you right off the bat if they have to use a different 3DS. I know when I had to send in my Zelda 3DS for repair, they had to check their stock to make sure they had any of the same model, just in case.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I also have the 3ds Zelda edition.
They had a deal in the local store. 90 euro and hand in ur old 3ds + 1 game and you get a brand new 3DS XL. Was thinking about it, but I'll lose my zelda 3ds :(
I'll try repurchasing another 3DS for the XL one perhaps. Depends on how much car repairs will cost.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This reminds of when my gf sent in her baby bule ds lite. They were out of stock as well and they did agree to slap the case on the replacement. But the case ended up damage by mistake during removal. Nintendo repair center offered to give her any case they still had in production. She got a limited edition hot pink case, originally only available to japan units. Got to love her mom. She can talk anyone into giving free replacements and refunds well pasted the receipt date.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
They had a deal in the local store. 90 euro and hand in ur old 3ds + 1 game and you get a brand new 3DS XL. Was thinking about it, but I'll lose my zelda 3ds :(
I'll try repurchasing another 3DS for the XL one perhaps. Depends on how much car repairs will cost.
You know that Gamestop give's you 1250kr for your old 3DS if you pre-order, you also get a charger + they let you do a system tranfer.

Reactions: 1 person

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
You know that Gamestop give's you 1250kr for your old 3DS if you pre-order, you also get a charger + they let you do a system tranfer.
yeah this is the deal I'm talking about. But still, I'll lose my Zelda edition 3ds... Don't think it's worth it ;)

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I called nintendo again right before sending it in, and this time I got a different supervisor person to talk too. I explained my problems of a scratched screen, messed up buttons etc. Then told him about my limited edition. He proceeds to tell me that judging from the nature of my problems, they would have to replace the 3ds and i wouldnt get a limited edition back. So i didnt send my 3ds in and now im pretty pissed off. I managed to fix my scratches a little with some scratch away stuff designed for gaming screens, but theres no telling what will happen to my shoulder buttons. Theres no wayy in hell im gonna touch em myself, so im beginning to think the only choice I have left is enjoy the 3ds until the shoulder buttons go, then send it away to be replaced. Its horrible D:

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's sucks.

Trading in my own zelda limited edition tomorrow for an XL.

It doesn't really feel like a limited edition though since a lot of store are still selling them almost a year after release.

Attainable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this sounds kind of ridiculous...but you can fix the shoulder buttons by blowing into them as you would a N64 cartridge. Put your mouth on the shoulder button and blow into it.

Not kidding.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:( that sucks, I'd call again and raise heckle and have people fix that up, even if it takes awhile to get it back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse