Send/Take PKM Files To/From Retail Games

Send/Take PKM Files To/From Retail Games

A PKM file is a copy of a pokemon's data. You can get these files online, or rip them out of a save file yourself.
Using the tools here you can send a PKM file to an actual game on your 3/DS/i, or get one out of your real game.

This guide will NOT cover editing the PKM files, there's entire forums out there for doing that.
This guide needs admin rights on your computer, and a wireless network.

1. Intro
  2. Procedure
  3. Tools, Resources
  4. Troubleshooting

Reactions: 1 person

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is it possible, that this whole thing wont work right, if i use a wifi network with a repeater? like, it has some kind of synchronisation problem that way?

im sitting on a laptop, thats connected to a wifi router in repeater mode, which itself is connected to a wifi router with dsl connection to the internet

thats the only thing that might explain how i keep getting all those fail connections...
it just works very very rarely and randomly, but never for more than one pokemon, whereas things like 500mb.us work flawlessly every time :/

when I used the original sendpkmn like a year ago, we only had one router...

... if anyone happens to stumble over something like http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org
without the item removal/premier ribbon thing, that would be really nice

Pokemonzmaster18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
is it possible, that this whole thing wont work right, if i use a wifi network with a repeater? like, it has some kind of synchronisation problem that way?

im sitting on a laptop, thats connected to a wifi router in repeater mode, which itself is connected to a wifi router with dsl connection to the internet

thats the only thing that might explain how i keep getting all those fail connections...
it just works very very rarely and randomly, but never for more than one pokemon, whereas things like 500mb.us work flawlessly every time :/

when I used the original sendpkmn like a year ago, we only had one router...

... if anyone happens to stumble over something like http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org
without the item removal/premier ribbon thing, that would be really nice

I don't think it's ur dsl connec. Cause I also get that and my I use FIOS

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no, its not the dsl connection thats causing the trouble, its the extending through two wireless routers...
it may slow things down a little bit, since the signal first goes to the extender, then back to the actual router, then back to the extender and only then reaches the nds... or something like that... :/

Kezia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem. After I make a .pkm file in Pokesav, and open the IR-GTS, and I attempt to drag said .pkm file into the command box, it won't allow me to do so.

Kezia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
you have to use pokegen.
I tried using pokegen, and the same thing occured. There's a little veto symbol when I try and drag the .pkm file into the command vox, no matter where the .pkm file is located.

Kezia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Where is the IR-GTS folder?
In the "my documents" folder. I opened it with winRaR, and it looks exactly she same as every picture i've seen, but it just won't let me drag a pkm file into it. Thanks for the help, btw. I appreciate it.

Kezia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have put them all in the same folder, and the error still occurs. I even tried dragging the PKM files directly into the Ir-GTS python file that starts up the command box, and no luck.

Pokemonzmaster18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Kezia said:
I'm having a problem. After I make a .pkm file in Pokesav, and open the IR-GTS, and I attempt to drag said .pkm file into the command box, it won't allow me to do so.

It's one of the troubleshooting steps

Go into command prompt, go to the location of the python file and type in

sendpkm.py (insert file).pkm
-------------------------------------
I usually keep them in the same folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over