Status
Not open for further replies.

supernaught

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Wondering if anyone could help me with getting this to work. Followed the steps and changed Auto-obtain DNS to "No" and changed Primary DNS to 192.168.2.4 (like it says in ipconfig/sendpkm), left Auto assign IP as "yes" but I still get connection failed error code: 52100. When I auto assign DNS, connection is ok and I can connect to Nintendo Wifi and trade ingame so I'm really not sure what the problem is. Any help appreciated!

Using the old Nintendo DS, Pokémon Diamond & Windows 7 64

meeces2911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've tried this and so far i have been unable to make it work for my ss.
If i leave the wireless settings on auto, i can access the GTS fine, and trade and do what ever.
But as soon as i try connecting to my lan computer (ie, changing the dns settings) i almost always get the 52102 error, unable to connect ... etc
any suggestions as to what i may have over looked ?
(running windows 7 64bit, and the sendpkm.py screen stays on "... set your DS's DNS server to 192.168.1.3 [[which is correct, thats my pc's lan ip]])

Slateboard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the GTS itself usable when you change your DNS Server?

Like, could you trade between copies with the same DNS?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
People with 521xx errors, check to make sure you don't have any firewall software on (windows firewall doesn't matter) or any security software that specifically "blocks ports" or acts like a firewall or has extra protection features, those can stop the DS from connecting to you.

Slateboard: After sending the PKM file it connects you to the official WFC, I think. I remember being able to search after that (and results coming up), but am too lazy to check right now. XD

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is not working for some people it may be a firewall issue for some. I am using AVG 9.0 PRO and I just set 'sendpkm.py' to the allow list in my firewall settings and it worked from their on.

Anyways this is how I do it:
================================================================
1. Drag pokemonname.pkm (eg; pikachu.pkm) onto 'sendpkm.py' let it load and then it should say 'Encoding!' let it encode then it should say 'Change you DS's DNS to 192.107.X.X '

2. Go onto DS with your pokemon game in it on the option screen go down to your wi-fi settings and select one of the connections. Change 'Auto-Obtain DNS' from 'YES' to 'NO' and put in the IP address you got from 'sendpkm.py' and then SAVE

3. Go back to the option screen and continue game. Go to the GTS (Global Trading Station) and login you should see a pokeball flying from the sky!!!!!
================================================================

There may some spelling errors in my how-to!!!

shadow2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i got a weird issue i set the dns address to the it asks 192.168.1.101 and it is set to not auto maticly obtain dns yet it still connects to normal gts

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm new, and I used this method to download Pokemon for myself and friends on my SS retail cart, and it's worked fine before, but now whenever I try to use the method, I get this error:

"An error occurred while attempting to communicate (00000)"

I'm trying to use the TRU Manaphy file.

EDIT: Sorry about the doublepost, delete this post, please.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm new, and I used this method to download Pokemon for myself and friends on my SS retail cart, and it's worked fine before, but now whenever I try to use the method, I get this error:

I've tried to use the TRU Manaphy file, the E4ALL Manaphy file, the NWS Manaphy file, and the WORLD08 Lucario file.

What's wrong? It used to work fine.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone using Windows 7 64-bit is having issues making this work, here's a fix that worked for me. I had to disable IIS, since it was already listening on port 80 and prevent sendpkm from doing the same. (Control Panel, Programs & Features, top-left Turn Windows Features On & Off, then disable the entire Internet Information Services tree. You'll have to reboot.)

Also, Skype seems to listen on port 80. So closing Skype could be a fix as well, but I think that was already mentioned.

Once I've received a pokemon from sendpkm (Soul Silver, Cyclo, FW 1.58B2), my game crashes with a communication error, but when I reload, I find the pokemon in my storage box anyway, so it's no big deal.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
shadow2000 said:
i got a weird issue i set the dns address to the it asks 192.168.1.101 and it is set to not auto maticly obtain dns yet it still connects to normal gtsSet both DNS addresses to the one it tells you to?

Chris_Highwind said:
I've tried to use the TRU Manaphy file, the E4ALL Manaphy file, the NWS Manaphy file, and the WORLD08 Lucario file.
What's wrong? It used to work fine.I don't know, perhaps those are all box pokemon. It has to be one from a party, not a box. Try editing a save file (perhaps one from an emulator if you convert the save?) to put one of those in a box in a game, then transfer it into the active party, then save, then take that save file and take the PKM out... or it may have something to do with the wondercard included, I haven't tried it with a wondercard yet.

The Composer said:
Rydian said:
The Composer said:
I tried on a Pearl retail cart and it works fine.Then I tried this on a HeartGold retail cart and it's not working. Any help?
Using the same PKM file?
Sure, the same PKM file and the same conditions. Have anyone tried to sendpkm on a retail HGSS?
I just did last night (reached goldenrod) with a few (non legendary and non event) files from PKMDB.com to my retail SS cart and it worked without any issues, I even modified them (to reset them to level 1 eggs), I just made sure to modify them from the party screen on pokesav, not the box screen.

Posts merged

QUOTE(m2pt5 @ Mar 21 2010, 02:29 PM)
Once I've received a pokemon from sendpkm (Soul Silver, Cyclo, FW 1.58B2), my game crashes with a communication error, but when I reload, I find the pokemon in my storage box anyway, so it's no big deal.
Ah, forgot to mention that happens on my actual soulsilver cart as well, so it seems to be normal.

Incoming post merge. XD

supernaught

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to get it working by enabling Windows Firewall and allowing Python as a private network! Who'dve thought enabling the firewall would work...

AtomBlaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I'm trying to send a Celebi to my SS through this method, but I never get it. Here's what I did.

1. I moved all of the pokemon I need in SS to my party in my Pt. rom and then use PokeSAV to save the .pkm files to my desktop.
2. I drag the celebi file to sendpkm.py, and the window opens, telling me to set my DNS to 127.0.0.1.
3. On my DSi, I set the DNS to 192.168.0.4 (even though it said 127.0.0.1).
4. I get on SS and go to the GTS, then try to connect, but it says I cannot connect to the GTS.

So yeah. Any suggestions? O-o

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DTGS: How does it fail?

AtomBlaster said:
Hey. I'm trying to send a Celebi to my SS through this method, but I never get it. Here's what I did.

1. I moved all of the pokemon I need in SS to my party in my Pt. rom and then use PokeSAV to save the .pkm files to my desktop.
2. I drag the celebi file to sendpkm.py, and the window opens, telling me to set my DNS to 127.0.0.1.
4. I get on SS and go to the GTS, then try to connect, but it says I cannot connect to the GTS.

Tell us everything you know about the internet in your home, including the models of the modem and router.

AtomBlaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
DTGS: How does it fail?

AtomBlaster said:

Tell us everything you know about the internet in your home, including the models of the modem and router.

Well, my router's a 2wire 3800HGV-B, and it runs connections all through the house. We don't have a modem in the house... that's about all I know. But is there something like Port Fowarding I have to do, or (like one person did) put Python on a private network or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on