Hacking [Semi-working] NFS2ISO2NFS - convert nfs to iso and back

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
did you repack the existing version from eshop, or a custom-made nfs? the latter still doesn't work afaik.
It definitely doesn't work. Tried repacking Rhythm Heaven Fever and Super Paper Mario and got stuck on the same black screen after the console reboots into Wii mode.

It probably is ALMOST functional since we don't get the error screen but there's still something missing.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It reboots into vwii?
Maybe hangup because of the location of the game.
If it's on wii u hard drive and reboots to vwii then that hard drive wouldn't be accessed?

Just a thought

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It definitely doesn't work. Tried repacking Rhythm Heaven Fever and Super Paper Mario and got stuck on the same black screen after the console reboots into Wii mode.

It probably is ALMOST functional since we don't get the error screen but there's still something missing.
If it boots the Wii menu, does the GamePad work as a Classic Controller?

(note that you need a game that supports the GamePad)

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It reboots into vwii?
Maybe hangup because of the location of the game.
If it's on wii u hard drive and reboots to vwii then that hard drive wouldn't be accessed?

Just a thought
This doesn't make sense, though. The original files work fine when installed to USB.

If it boots the Wii menu, does the GamePad work as a Classic Controller?

(note that you need a game that supports the GamePad)
Nothing works after the repack. It doesn't get into the Wii menu, it just tries to run the Wii game and gets stuck.
If I touch the screen if displays that "forbidden" hand with stylus icon but I can't press HOME to quit because the game didn't boot properly.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
did you repack the existing version from eshop, or a custom-made nfs? the latter still doesn't work afaik.
I figured it out. I extracted the original installer and the repacked one and compared the contents.
NUSPacker is doing something weird to the fw.* files and they're ending up completely borked.

Take a look: Original files on the left, repacked on the right.

EDIT: oh, the error might come from the cdecrypt version I used to unpack the game originally :wacko:

IZvcFPd.png

So I installed the repacked game then went to ftpiiu eveywhere and replaced the fw* files with the original ones... Voilà, repacked virtual console working fine.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I figured it out. I extracted the original installer and the repacked one and compared the contents.
NUSPacker is doing something weird to the fw.* files and they're ending up completely borked.

Take a look: Original files on the left, repacked on the right.

IZvcFPd.png

So I installed the repacked game then went to ftpiiu eveywhere and replaced the fw* files with the original ones... Voilà, repacked virtual console working fine.
Wait, so we now have Wii VC injection working?! O.O

Tock46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No idea how you managed to corrupt your fw.img :P For me NUSPacker worked fine with repacked games.

Tock46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Damn I should have tested this sooner... This tool does not create "legit" ISOs which means we have to wait for someone to write a new NFS to ISO and back converter.

How I came to this conclusion? If you use this tool to create an ISO and convert it back to NFS, the game work. But if you remake the ISO with WIT and convert it back into NFS it does not work.

I already know someone who will write a new Tool but it will take some time due to work.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Damn I should have tested this sooner... This tool does not create "legit" ISOs which means we have to wait for someone to write a new NFS to ISO and back converter.

How I came to this conclusion? If you use this tool to create an ISO and convert it back to NFS, the game work. But if you remake the ISO with WIT and convert it back into NFS it does not work.

I already know someone who will write a new Tool but it will take some time due to work.
yeah there's something special about the isos, some alignment, signature or whatever. It stops working in the virtual console even if we replace a single file with wii scrubber.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Well, after some tests I can only agree that nfs2iso doesn't do the decryption 100% correctly.
If we verify the iso with wit, we can see that the partition hash doesn't match.

Only the original game works after we repack because it's simply reversing the steps that it originally did in the decryption process.

The iso runs fine on Dolphin though, so it might be a very minor mistake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM